Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:24 PM   #1321
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper View Post
So I will take a little time to explain how this looks as someone who carries, and has a little bit of training and experience. This is a nightmare scenario for someone carrying, for law enforcement, for bodyguards, for security of any kind. Let’s look at it from a carry perspective.

You are there, most likely with family, and/or friends. Your number one priority is keeping them safe, and getting them out of the immediate vicinity of danger presents. With a million people crammed into a few block area, there is really no way to get out if things start happening close to you. In a heartbeat you need to figure out where the threat is, where you need to go to get away, grab your people up and go. Or do you make them leave and you try to stop the immediate threat.

Let’s say you go for the threat. You now have to battle against all the people who are running in every direction and in panic. Panicking people are not rational, they will knock you down, then you will be stomped by the crowd. You then need to realize, you have to open lane to engage the threat. No lane between the two of you, no clear lane around the target, nothing open behind the target. Innocent people running everywhere. You can’t engage, you are now running forward making yourself a bigger target with each step closer.

Let’s look at it from the point of leaving. You see the threat, you get your group going the opposite direction. You do everything you can to protect yourself and them. Any training you receive that is worth a dime, will teach you protect yourself and your family. Everyone else is on their own, sounds harsh, but it’s the best way to protect yourself. You have no obligation to protect others in these moments, odds will favor things getting worse if you intervene. If you are not the target, you get out.

So you leave, now people who are ignorant say, “Where is the good guy with a gun?” You don’t intervene in one of the most dangerous situations possible, it confirms their bias, you intervene and it goes bad, confirms their bias. Also can put you in prison, or you have to live with a terrible tragedy that you brought on. With the amount of things that can go wrong, the risk is not worth it. The odds of you making it way worse is so much higher than improving things.
I thought these posts were in DC now?
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:25 PM   #1322
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
So I will take a little time to explain how this looks as someone who carries, and has a little bit of training and experience. This is a nightmare scenario for someone carrying, for law enforcement, for bodyguards, for security of any kind. Let’s look at it from a carry perspective.

You are there, most likely with family, and/or friends. Your number one priority is keeping them safe, and getting them out of the immediate vicinity of danger presents. With a million people crammed into a few block area, there is really no way to get out if things start happening close to you. In a heartbeat you need to figure out where the threat is, where you need to go to get away, grab your people up and go. Or do you make them leave and you try to stop the immediate threat.

Let’s say you go for the threat. You now have to battle against all the people who are running in every direction and in panic. Panicking people are not rational, they will knock you down, then you will be stomped by the crowd. You then need to realize, you have to open lane to engage the threat. No lane between the two of you, no clear lane around the target, nothing open behind the target. Innocent people running everywhere. You can’t engage, you are now running forward making yourself a bigger target with each step closer.

Let’s look at it from the point of leaving. You see the threat, you get your group going the opposite direction. You do everything you can to protect yourself and them. Any training you receive that is worth a dime, will teach you protect yourself and your family. Everyone else is on their own, sounds harsh, but it’s the best way to protect yourself. You have no obligation to protect others in these moments, odds will favor things getting worse if you intervene. If you are not the target, you get out.

So you leave, now people who are ignorant say, “Where is the good guy with a gun?” You don’t intervene in one of the most dangerous situations possible, it confirms their bias, you intervene and it goes bad, confirms their bias. Also can put you in prison, or you have to live with a terrible tragedy that you brought on. With the amount of things that can go wrong, the risk is not worth it. The odds of you making it way worse is so much higher than improving things.
Just adding to this (with no gun debate happening).

If you pull your weapon....how many people in that crowd now think that you're the one shooting?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:25 PM   #1323
Just a li'l Evel

News says the juveniles are charged with evading arrest and weapons charges. No murder?
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:27 PM   #1324
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
News says the juveniles are charged with evading arrest and weapons charges. No murder?
I'm guessing they'll have to confirm that the weapons used were the ones that killed the woman.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:29 PM   #1325
MVP

Quote:
probably waiting to process additional evidence
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:29 PM   #1326
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Have fun getting charged as an adult.
If they are, then their names will be released in the records of the dispositional hearing.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:30 PM   #1327
Veteran

Quote:
Have fun getting charged as an adult.
I'm seeing charged as juveniles which is disappointing and soft af.
Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:32 PM   #1328
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
I'm seeing charged as juveniles which is disappointing and soft af.
Where are you seeing that? It might just be that with the current charges. I highly doubt they charge them as juveniles with a murder charge being added.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:35 PM   #1329
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I know I'm a little late on this but I was in class all day yesterday.

I would like to know why none of the law enforcement didn't happen to notice these thugs. I mean, surely there had to be signs leading up to this. I just can't fathom that nobody noticed this punk carrying these weapons and getting all heated before that happened. Maybe some will think I'm being too harsh but to me, this looks like it was a failure of security at the event.
There were a reported million people there.
Apparently, the weapons were in backpacks. And you blame security? I blame the pieces of shit that shot the guns. That is where the blame is. All of it.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #1330
Veteran

Quote:
Where are you seeing that? It might just be that with the current charges. I highly doubt they charge them as juveniles with a murder charge being added.
3rd paragraph https://www.kmbc.com/article/shootin...rally/46790065
Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.Papi is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #1331
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
This was on a local station. I'm about 2 hours from KC.
https://www.ky3.com/2024/02/16/charg...Iyhv7jdMfpvsnE

Specifically notes that names cannot be released due to them being juveniles, and they are still at the juvenile facility. More charges could be added, so you're probably right. If they end up including murder, I say they get bumped up.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:38 PM   #1332
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Quote:
The spokesperson went on to say that it is anticipated that additional charges will be filed in the future as the Kansas City Police Department investigation continues.
Add murder....and I would almost bet money that they get charged as adults like I said.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM   #1333
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Correct. You would have to "luck" out and literally be standing right next to the perp in order to take him out. And even then, with adrenaline and panic, it would be a disaster waiting to happen for a non tactically trained person.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #1334
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
If they aren't charged for murder, I'll kill those little ****ers.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:45 PM   #1335
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Correct. You would have to "luck" out and literally be standing right next to the perp in order to take him out. And even then, with adrenaline and panic, it would be a disaster waiting to happen for a non tactically trained person.
Oh man, just waiting for the onslaught of posters on here who could have taken the shooter(s) out with one shot each.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.