Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #12931
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It absolutely does.

Now I want you to think about what happens if a large section of the population around here loses power for more than a day or two under quarantine and with idiots running around acting desperate for things like toilet paper.
Yeah, that's when shit gets real. Especially if the outage affects cell service. Once the cellphones go people, particularly the younger generations, will really start to freak the **** out. Information only from radios. Got batteries? Hope so. Food in the refrigerator will start to spoil, you won't be able to get gas, and if you don't have cash, how can you buy anything? Money in the bank won't mean shit if you can't access it.

This is when the zombies will start roaming the streets. And you'd better be stocked up on more than just toilet paper.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #12932
I'll be back.

I mean I don't think it's anything to worry about in MO.

But what if a tropical storm knocks out power for a week somewhere down south?

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #12933
Fight, build, win!

Just remember the utilities are designated essential its business as usual. Your power will be restored like always remain patient.

Its also the reason I haven't been laid off. A large engineering firm that does work for most of these folks.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #12934
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I mean I don't think it's anything to worry about in MO.

But what if a tropical storm knocks out power for a week somewhere down south?

It's not the season for that sort of thing
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #12935
MONTANA #19

By reading through this thread every day, I'd swear that when this moment happened in the movie, there are a few of you that jumped out of your seats clapping while weeping with joy...

Don't get me wrong, things are awful, but panicking at each little thing that happens isn't good for your mental health. Be fortunate you live in the US. We're so sheltered from other parts of the world that we're a little coddled. Just think if we had an event here like the tsunamis in japan or SriLanka (230,000+ people died in less than an hour in Sri Lanka)...but you know, out of sight, out of mind. Stay well, stay home, watch some TV (Tiger King), stop reading shit on the internet...once you step away from the computer, normal life starts to creep in if just for a little while.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #12936
"Think BOOM!"

12,322 new cases, with about 20 states not updated. 8,300 in NY and NJ again.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #12937
Life is changing..

Updated Missouri numbers for the day

Cases in Missouri: 838

Total Deaths: 10

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 10,752
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:29 PM   #12938
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Updated Missouri numbers for the day

Cases in Missouri: 838

Total Deaths: 10

Patients tested in Missouri (by all labs): approximately 10,752

If I was in Springfield I might start getting concerned. I know that they had quite a few cases in a nursing home ran by the same company in Washington where the first outbreak in the country happened.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #12939
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
If I was in Springfield I might start getting concerned. I know that they had quite a few cases in a nursing home ran by the same company in Washington where the first outbreak in the country happened.
Yeah all my surgeon buddies at the hospital said they’re expecting the wave to hit here in the next week

We’ll see
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #12940
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I think it is debatable. What is happening in NY may happen elsewhere and may not. We cannot say for sure that what is going on in NY will happen everywhere.
Yep. Planet Earth is a good example.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #12941
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah all my surgeon buddies at the hospital said they’re expecting the wave to hit here in the next week

We’ll see

I am sorry..
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #12942
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Pretty sure all four deaths here were from that nursing home.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #12943
MVP

As of March 19th there were around 10k deaths worldwide. We have now passed 30k deaths worldwide.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #12944
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprechaun View Post
How do you all feel about the medical community asking for donations of standard medical necessities?
On one hand we all need to band together and help, on another I see a very rich class of people not preparing for the very things they should be prepared for to help the bottom line.
Will the medical community hospitals to be more specific be so generous as to not charge more than a nominal mark up on simple things line IVs?
I made that point earlier in the thread, but unfortunately, the members of the medical community who are dealing with the shortages aren't the people that allowed it.

Some feet need to be held to the fire at some point here, but it probably won't happen.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #12945
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Pretty sure all four deaths here were from that nursing home.
Was told that exact same thing by a Cox employee.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.