Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2020, 10:09 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****

More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-28-2020 at 12:07 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #1276
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Maybe I'm just drawing a blank, but does Andy run any type of fake screens? I don't remember seeing any.
yes he has a fake TE Screen to a RB Screen on the other side. I dn the play, but i think they used it on Williams TD vs the patriots.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #1277
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
yes he has a fake TE Screen to a RB Screen on the other side. I dn the play, but i think they used it on Williams TD vs the patriots.
Sorry, I should have said "does Andy run any fake screens and then go deep" like the dude I was replying to suggested.

I think that TD to Williams was just a screen anyway. There's some misdirection with the play action and Mahomes rolling right with the Kelce option in the flat, but it looks like it was a designed screen all the way.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #1278
In Search of a Life

You can't really run anything more than a fake smoke screen and go deep as with screens you're having OL get out in front. That doesn't work very well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #1279
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You can't really run anything more than a fake smoke screen and go deep as with screens you're having OL get out in front. That doesn't work very well.
That's what I'm getting at. In order to sell the screen you've gotta have OL moving, and when they start doing that you're not giving your QB time to sit back there and wait for someone to come open deep down field.

We could try something like a fake WR screen where the blocking WR just fakes going for a block and goes upfield instead, but I don't remember ever seeing Reid run one of those in his time here.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #1280
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

You know the mad scientist is drawing up some devious killer plays for the "The Fresh Prince of Helaire" involved.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #1281
BAMF!

I just want the ****er to be able to pick up a first down when we have 3rd and 5. If he can do that a majority of the times he is asked to, opposing teams will be absolutely ****ed.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 05-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #1282
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
I just want the ****er to be able to pick up a first down when we have 3rd and 5. If he can do that a majority of the times he is asked to, opposing teams will be absolutely ****ed.
Shit, why cut it at that more like 2nd and 5
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #1283
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
Just gimme 2nd and 4 when it's there instead of 2nd and 8.

Veach was whispering poetry in my ear when he said that the reason they liked CEH so much was that they were blocking up runs for 8 yards and getting 1. It was sooooo maddening because I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Mahomes had to pull us from the fire far too often on 3rd and long because we spent way too much time behind the sticks when we shouldn't have been. You could see yardage out there we just didn't get.

I don't care if the guy only runs for 800 yards so long as those 800 yards were efficient and came in situations that allowed us to be more aggressive elsewhere.

With this system and these weapons, the running game should be little more than an opportunity to set up the passing game for better opportunities. Or maybe a 'break glass in case of emergency' option if the passing game is just out of sorts due to injury like the Colts game.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #1284
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

All respect to Damien and I think he should've won SB MVP in all fairness, having a talented back like Clyde is gonna make this offense insane. It's gonna make the Rams offense of Warner Faulk look like chumps

Last edited by L.A. Chieffan; 05-20-2020 at 09:36 PM..
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #1285
Gonna go back in time....

I think Damien is a terrific back who is going to begin the season as the starter because he has earned it. Andy has a lot of trust with him, especially in the passing game. Clyde's ability to learn the playbook, his overall growth in the offense or an injury to dwill will determine the level of participation in the upcoming season. Williams is not that old and doesn't play in a run heavy offense. He does have an injury history but he is due for at least one relatively injury free season. He He may be the guy all of next year, especially if it's a shortened or delayed season. I expect a 60/40 split out of the gate, depending on the circumstances of the season.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:58 PM   #1286
Gonna go back in time....

That's not to take away from Clyde, I think he's a stud but it's a more complicated and nuanced offense now than 2018 when we plugged Kareem in after ware got hirtt. Especially with the oline being a little thin in terms of depth and experience. I feel like he will be able to do all of the things required of an Andy Reid running back but maybe not get the chance right away because he needs some time with the playbook and some polishing in a few areas. If it isn't a necessity I bet Andy takes it slow with Clyde Frog and he will be a better back for it.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #1287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
All respect to Damien and I think he should've won SB MVP in all fairness, having a talented back like Clyde is gonna make this offense insane. It's gonna make the Rams offense of Warner Faulk look like chumps
I thought he should have been it right after the game, but rewatching it you realize the magic mahomes was really working.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #1288
Starter

Andy and Brett didn't draft Clyde to watch Damien get 1 yard on a first down run play that was blocked well enough to get 8 yards. CEH's final year at LSU was in an offense where he was utilized exactly as AR and EB plan to use him. AR and EB will want CEH getting at least 20 carries or targets per game from start to finish of the 2020 season. The Chief's 5 year plan for CEH starts game 1 of the 2020 season.
gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.gonefishin53 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #1289
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin53 View Post
Andy and Brett didn't draft Clyde to watch Damien get 1 yard on a first down run play that was blocked well enough to get 8 yards. CEH's final year at LSU was in an offense where he was utilized exactly as AR and EB plan to use him. AR and EB will want CEH getting at least 20 carries or targets per game from start to finish of the 2020 season. The Chief's 5 year plan for CEH starts game 1 of the 2020 season.
I hope this is the case. Damien is a good backup to have. But CEH is clearly the better starter.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #1290
The Priest and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I hope this is the case. Damien is a good backup to have. But CEH is clearly the better starter.
What does this even mean? And who cares which guy “starts”?

The goal is going to the playoffs with a fresh RB hitting his stride. We see it time and time again. Damien’s injury was a blessing in disguise come playoff time. But KC wants to avoid what they went through last year without him.

As long as Damien or Clyde are healthy and fresh headed into the playoffs...that’s the goal.
TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.TRR must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote