Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-03-2023, 05:58 PM   #1261
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
Sources confirm this could be true!!!
But are those league sources?
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:17 PM   #1262
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
But are those league sources?
Actually, league sources have been raving since Schrager mentioned him like a month or two ago. Since then, many league sources are indeed saying he looks like a great find.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:36 PM   #1263
Caralho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Impossible.

I read right here that Ross ran a 4.8 in high school, so he's not an NFL caliber athlete.

Oh, and the 4.6 on a broken foot, that too means he's slow even if he's healthy.

So that's just impossible. Sorry, cut him, and move along. Nothing to see here.
Would be great if we could get a Vincent Jackson clone for Pat.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:44 PM   #1264
Supporter

Do you know how frustrating it would be for the rest of the league to see Ross blossom into a legit number one? I've heard people laugh about how the Raiders trading for and paying Adams screwed the Chiefs into having to trade Tyreek because they drove the price up. Then, of we went out and won the Superbowl without him. Now, if we got our new number 1 as a UDFA?? That would be so great. I'm not saying that he will. I'm tempering my expectations. I could say how great it would be to win the Powerball too. Doesn't mean that I'm expecting it.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:13 PM   #1265
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Do you know how frustrating it would be for the rest of the league to see Ross blossom into a legit number one? I've heard people laugh about how the Raiders trading for and paying Adams screwed the Chiefs into having to trade Tyreek because they drove the price up. Then, of we went out and won the Superbowl without him. Now, if we got our new number 1 as a UDFA?? That would be so great. I'm not saying that he will. I'm tempering my expectations. I could say how great it would be to win the Powerball too. Doesn't mean that I'm expecting it.
IMHO, Ross is exactly the type of receiver we need. His turning into what his ceiling is would be better for us than Moore, Rice, etc reaching theirs. I know he had a serious injury, but this is definitely one lottery ticket that was worth stashing.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:39 PM   #1266
MVP

Quote:
Actually, league sources have been raving since Schrager mentioned him like a month or two ago. Since then, many league sources are indeed saying he looks like a great find.

You could even say….league circles….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-03-2023, 11:42 PM   #1267
Veteran

I never got, and still don't, the people here who saw him as a R3 or later talent. I think they over-thought his tape. It was all stuff about broken coverages and "he can't separate". Or accusations he did nothing beyond his first year...when he was injured. It conveniently missed his strength at the catch point. Sure, I probably prize separation and shiftiness as high as anyone, but some guys just win differently, and he's one of them. Not to mention he IS better at setting guys up than I think given credit for. I respect we all see it differently but for me he was always at least a R2 talent when healthy
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:09 AM   #1268
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I never got, and still don't, the people here who saw him as a R3 or later talent. I think they over-thought his tape. It was all stuff about broken coverages and "he can't separate". Or accusations he did nothing beyond his first year...when he was injured. It conveniently missed his strength at the catch point. Sure, I probably prize separation and shiftiness as high as anyone, but some guys just win differently, and he's one of them. Not to mention he IS better at setting guys up than I think given credit for. I respect we all see it differently but for me he was always at least a R2 talent when healthy
It's not that difficult to understand, really. NFL teams didn't see him as a day 1 talent, because all it would have taken is one team and he would have been drafted. Guys don't fall from R1/R2 all the way to UDFA just because they were injured, especially at such a sought after position like WR. Trey Smith was projected as a guy with an outside shot of getting drafted in the late 1st round - 3rd round, but possible reoccurring blood clots scared teams away from him and we got a steal in the 6th round.

Now look at Ross, most publications gave him a mid day 3 grade. Bleacher Report was the only one I could find that gave him a 1st round grade and I'm not a huge BR guy. He just clearly wasn't that highly thought of by a significant amount of NFL teams. Not enough to use a draft pick on.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:34 AM   #1269
MVP

He does seem pretty nice.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-04-2023, 03:25 AM   #1270
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
It's not that difficult to understand, really. NFL teams didn't see him as a day 1 talent, because all it would have taken is one team and he would have been drafted. Guys don't fall from R1/R2 all the way to UDFA just because they were injured, especially at such a sought after position like WR. Trey Smith was projected as a guy with an outside shot of getting drafted in the late 1st round - 3rd round, but possible reoccurring blood clots scared teams away from him and we got a steal in the 6th round.

Now look at Ross, most publications gave him a mid day 3 grade. Bleacher Report was the only one I could find that gave him a 1st round grade and I'm not a huge BR guy. He just clearly wasn't that highly thought of by a significant amount of NFL teams. Not enough to use a draft pick on.
Most publications gave him a mid day grade because of his injuries, at least those were factored in. As for teams not passing on an injured guy all the way to UDFA if they're a top talent. We're not just talking about a guy who was injury prone, it's a guy who was told by doctors he shouldn't play again. Maybe you're right, I don't know how many examples there are out there but I'd be surprised if he was the only guy highly rated that fell out of the draft.

Some people on here acted like his first year tape should just be discarded as an anomaly, or was actually not that impressive. Like I say, I don't understand that. Was the rest of his tape R1-2 quality? Probably not, but his first year tape was, imo.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-04-2023, 03:28 AM   #1271
Veteran

I should've qualified all this saying I don't understand those who thought his tape pre-injuries wasn't R1-2 material. I get people saying he couldn't go earlier than R3 given those injuries.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:41 AM   #1272
MVP

The spinal thing is scary. The broken foot that still screwed up for the combine and testing sealed the deal. Veach, his scouts, and the team doctors took a chance on the tape.

If they are right, he's going to be a really good player. Right now, in early August, it looks like they are.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:10 AM   #1273
In Search of a Life

Watching some of the training camp videos, purely from a route running standpoint skyy and Justyn look to be standouts. We will see when contact gets on but, maybe it’s just me, they seem to just be on a much higher level than anyone else in the room so far.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #1274
**** you, you cretin.

Quote:
The spinal thing is scary. The broken foot that still screwed up for the combine and testing sealed the deal. Veach, his scouts, and the team doctors took a chance on the tape.

If they are right, he's going to be a really good player. Right now, in early August, it looks like they are.
I bet he’s getting looked at after every practice.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:23 AM   #1275
MVP

It's not just that he was injured, it's that the two injuries on their own could be career threatening.

Sammy Watkins never really got over his foot injury. It seems like Ross has, and let's hope it's never a thing again.

If anyone follows the NBA for instance a foot injury can ruin your career and only every once in a while does a player like Embiid overcome it.

Then throw not just a spine injury, but one that involves UNFUSING bones.

"Justyn has a condition that is very rare, and to my knowledge, there is no precedent of another high-level American football player with this condition playing football," said Dr. David Okonkwo, who performed the surgery on Ross that allowed him to return to play. "So we were paving new road as we went through the process."

Unprecedented. That's why he was undrafted
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote