Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2021, 06:06 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:24 PM   #1246
Ain't no relax!

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #1247
MVP

LOL this is freaking INSANE
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:34 PM   #1248
Ain't no relax!

Man, that was like 10 straight minutes of absolutely insane playoff hockey. Holy shit, what a game!
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:51 PM   #1249
MVP

No other sport even approaches the intensity of NHL playoff hockey, and it's not even close imo. This is ridiculous. Keep forgetting to breathe.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:02 PM   #1250
Would an idiot do that?

Well, kind of what we expected despite it going 3 games to 1... that was an insane game.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #1251
Kind of a mod

We'll, at least we have two more chances.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #1252
MVP

Last one is always the hardest. Especially against an organization like TB. Those consecutive Cups aren't flukes. Said from the beginning this was going 7 and would be one for the ages.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:11 PM   #1253
Ain't no relax!

Honestly don't really feel too bad about that one. They played very hard. Had quite a few chances they just missed by a few inches. Avs have 2 more games to just get a win. Something to do on Sunday.

Go Avs!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #1254
Kind of a mod

We ended up bailing on the watch party at the end of 2. It's on a college campus and on a Friday night. I'm pretty sure I was in the top 5% age wise. They hit capacity, but the crowd outside eventually tore the fence down to get in.

TIL I'm way too old for a bunch of drunk youths.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:16 PM   #1255
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
We'll, at least we have two more chances.
Was a great game. Fantastic playoff hockey. You still got two more chances. Not bad odds.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:22 PM   #1256
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
We ended up bailing on the watch party at the end of 2. It's on a college campus and on a Friday night. I'm pretty sure I was in the top 5% age wise. They hit capacity, but the crowd outside eventually tore the fence down to get in.

TIL I'm way too old for a bunch of drunk youths.
Heh.... yeah there are still days I want to be in the middle of it, but then tonight I grabbed takeout from a favorite restaurant, had a couple favorite beers in the fridge, and finished the 3rd period with some Colorado bourbon.

And then quickly closed the Avalanche sub on reddit as soon as I saw posts about how the NHL is fixed and it's all bullshit.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:24 PM   #1257
MVP

The Avs fan in me obviously wanted a win tonight. The hockey fan in me would be lying if I said I wouldn't mind two more games just like that except for the winning team in game 7, as long as I don't stroke out.

That was crazy good. You just don't get extended periods of insane intensity like that in any other sport. MLB and NFL plays might last 10 seconds max, NBA maybe 10 seconds of intensity every 3rd game. There were several 2 or 3 minute stretches of complete insanity tonight.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:27 PM   #1258
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Heh.... yeah there are still days I want to be in the middle of it, but then tonight I grabbed takeout from a favorite restaurant, had a couple favorite beers in the fridge, and finished the 3rd period with some Colorado bourbon.

And then quickly closed the Avalanche sub on reddit as soon as I saw posts about how the NHL is fixed and it's all bullshit.
I haven't paid much attention. The penalty to Compher looked pretty weak, but other than that was anything really iffy? Seemed pretty clean to me.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:31 PM   #1259
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
The Avs fan in me obviously wanted a win tonight. The hockey fan in me would be lying if I said I wouldn't mind two more games just like that except for the winning team in game 7, as long as I don't stroke out.

That was crazy good. You just don't get extended periods of insane intensity like that in any other sport. MLB and NFL plays might last 10 seconds max, NBA maybe one second every 3rd game. There were several 2 or 3 minute stretches of complete insanity tonight.

Yeah, I've seen questions like "if you could guarantee an Avalanche win, do you want them to win tonight or game 7", and I actually saw a lot of people saying they prefer tonight (maybe they had tickets) and maybe they think doing it in 5 validates the Avalanche more than if they do it at all...

In that case, I'll pick more hockey every time. Going 7 would feel a little annoying after being up 3-1, but that's just the razor fine line of hockey if it does go that way, just like going up 3-1 in the first place.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:33 PM   #1260
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
I haven't paid much attention. The penalty to Compher looked pretty weak, but other than that was anything really iffy? Seemed pretty clean to me.
No complaints besides the general inconsistency between games and periods... thought all of the calls against the Avalanche were fine and don't remember any blatant misses besides a boarding that could have gone against the Avalanche.