Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #12421
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Can your wife sew?

Mine made some cloth face masks that hospital workers were posting on the facebook marketplace that they needed badly, she traded 10 of them for some disinfecting wipes and spray as apparently the nurse had access to lots of that.
My wife was hell-bent on going to the Chinese market was craving Filipino foods. So she cut around cup of an old bra sewed it up used elastic in straps for around ears to hold to face. It actually looked just like a mask other than it was pink.

PS Asian markets if you need Jasmin or basmati rice have plenty it seems.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #12422
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Just sink that mother****er with a torpedo.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:29 PM   #12423
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
It wasn't terrible but it doesn't compare to going to a nice all inclusive resort.

Way more freedom and room to roam.
This stupid outbreak cancelled my 1 week all inclusive trip to Cancun...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #12424
It was not a fair catch

Update on family.

Inlaws-hell bent on coming home. Are on a plane from Palm Springs to MPLS. Just couldn't stay where they were. ANd would not listen to us.

They have masks and gloves. I am picking them up. I will be lathered in disinfectant.

They will have to stay in their apt for 14 days.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #12425
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
This stupid outbreak cancelled my 1 week all inclusive trip to Cancun...
My trip to Cabo ate shit as well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #12426
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
This ain't rocket science, because the game was cancelled and the rest of the NBA season was postponed. That's not newsworthy? It was literally the event that changed the landscape of how it was treated in this country, and started the trend of sporting and other events being cancelled. He's going to be remembered for that long after all this is over.
There is a soccer match in Italy that doctors now estimate nearly 100% of the 20,000 in attendance have COVID19. Gobert's positive test result may have saved literally thousands of lives.
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #12427
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Update on family.

Inlaws-hell bent on coming home. Are on a plane from Palm Springs to MPLS. Just couldn't stay where they were. ANd would not listen to us.

They have masks and gloves. I am picking them up. I will be lathered in disinfectant.

This is one thing that really is wearing on me. We're killing a lot of businesses and the economy in general but the airports are still ****ing open for people to continue spreading it all over the country. That shit should have been the first thing shut down as soon as the decision was made to go scorched earth on the economy.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #12428
Cheat Death

A live look inside the CP SARS-CoV-2 War Room

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:38 PM   #12429
New and Improved

Quote:
Update on family.

Damn, it sounded like you may have stumbled onto the perfect way to put a couple thousand miles between you and them. But Noooooooooo, like typical inlaws they had to go and screw it up.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #12430
Hockey Town

Quote:
Update on family.

What is with your in laws they seem dumb...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #12431
Life is changing..

Finally found out today that Missouri has tested around 7000 people. (This according to the head of the DHSS in Missouri.)
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #12432
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Damn, it sounded like you may have stumbled onto the perfect way to put a couple thousand miles between you and them. But Noooooooooo, like typical inlaws they had to go and screw it up.
The old folks are being hard-headed as hell about this thing.

My grandparents are in their 80s and my grandpa is just a walking disaster - damn near every part of him is broken in some way. They have spent the last week insisting that they're gonna come back to KC from their little snowbird cottage in Florida. My mom and I have been arguing with them to just !@#$ing stay put.

Yesterday they finally relented and said they'd stay there. There's just no sense at all in exposing yourself to more people. I mean on one hand, florida is probably going to get hit harder and with their population of elderly there may be a greater chance of capacity issues in their hospitals. But driving 16 hours over a couple of days to get yourself back to Kansas City isn't smart either - that's just more time out in the public.

Ultimately had they come up with a better reason, I suspect I'd have been more inclined to listen. But they just wanted to get back and open their house back up and get to a couple of doctors appointments they'd had scheduled. Just being stubborn old goats.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #12433
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I am never taking a cruise ever again.

I had assumed that cruise ships had already been shut down. Weird.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:45 PM   #12434
Life is changing..

Also heard from the same guy that there will be likely be a continuing trend of about 10 out of 100 people that actually test positive.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:48 PM   #12435
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The old folks are being hard-headed as hell about this thing.

My grandparents are in their 80s and my grandpa is just a walking disaster - damn near every part of him is broken in some way. They have spent the last week insisting that they're gonna come back to KC from their little snowbird cottage in Florida. My mom and I have been arguing with them to just !@#$ing stay put.

Yesterday they finally relented and said they'd stay there. There's just no sense at all in exposing yourself to more people. I mean on one hand, florida is probably going to get hit harder and with their population of elderly there may be a greater chance of capacity issues in their hospitals. But driving 16 hours over a couple of days to get yourself back to Kansas City isn't smart either - that's just more time out in the public.

Ultimately had they come up with a better reason, I suspect I'd have been more inclined to listen. But they just wanted to get back and open their house back up and get to a couple of doctors appointments they'd had scheduled. Just being stubborn old goats.
I can't speak for them, but I have a feeling if I made it to 80+ years, I'd almost have a "bring it on!" mentality about this whole thing. You likely don't have many years left - might as well live life rather than be confined to your home like a prison.

(I reserve the right to change my position about it in 45 years though.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.