Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-21-2021, 06:06 PM  
Would an idiot do that?

**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM..
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:38 PM   #1186
Elway be drinkin' again

Some of the worst Ice ever. Hockey in Florida in the summer.
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:41 PM   #1187
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I was at the Ball Sack watch party. Can confirm none of us realized it was in.

Kadri!!
I thought it went wide, because I saw the puck get past Vasy and then just.... disappear. Then the reaction of everyone was so confusing, acting like Vasy had it.

Such a strange reaction to such a huge goal...... oh, celebrate!
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:46 PM   #1188
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I thought it went wide, because I saw the puck get past Vasy and then just.... disappear. Then the reaction of everyone was so confusing, acting like Vasy had it.

Such a strange reaction to such a huge goal...... oh, celebrate!
Yeah, reminds me of Patrick Kane's Cup clinching goal in 2010.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:48 PM   #1189
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
Avs in 5
Yeah, just get the inevitable over with.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:51 PM   #1190
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasRising20 View Post
Yeah, reminds me of Patrick Kane's Cup clinching goal in 2010.
Yep, remember that one well.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:56 PM
kcpasco
This message has been deleted by kcpasco.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:10 PM   #1191
Would an idiot do that?

Byram knew all along... on those long shots from behind the net, noticed he celebrated right away just inside the blue line, then he was the first one in to tell everyone.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:20 PM   #1192
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Cleaning up shit today. Remember the hockey night the Planet went to? We’re they giving these out at the door? Can’t believe I’d paid money for it. No idea how it made the trip to Florida 12 years ago.
I remember meeting you at a Mavericks game, don't remember a giveaway (thinking it would be weird to give away a retro Blades stick, but it's possible).

That brand of hockey was terrible... if someone likes hockey fights, it's the place to go. The talent on the ice was so bad though.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:52 PM   #1193
Perpetual Mediocrity

Lightning coach is whining about too many men on the winning goal.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:01 PM   #1194
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Lightning coach is whining about too many men on the winning goal.
If that's it, he technically has a point by the strictest interpretation of the rules, but not in a million years would they call that. There's always a cushion near the bench.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:08 PM   #1195
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
If that's it, he technically has a point by the strictest interpretation of the rules, but not in a million years would they call that. There's always a cushion near the bench.
That's it, the Canadian media is talking about it on TV right now.

Technically it was too many men, but the guy on the bench had no real impact on the goal at all and Colorado was dominating the play for a long time before that. Not bothered by it at all.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:50 AM   #1196
Would an idiot do that?

I see his point... in the 2nd video at 5 seconds, Kadri leaves the bench thinking Nichushkin is coming off, but they both skate away and then MacKinnon goes to the bench.

Had Nichushkin come off, there's no issue at all, but of course being the eventual goal scorer coming off early, there's going to be drama.

He probably would have been livid had they called that against TB if the roles were reversed... would have been kind of silly considering they were letting both sides get away with assault though the 3rd period.

And one of the articles mentioned this from last season's Finals, hehe...

Old 06-23-2022, 08:59 AM   #1197
Supporter

That's gotta be one of the hardest rules to enforce.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:59 AM   #1198
Kind of a mod

Sure, he's got a point. But without going back and watching it again, they decided not to call at least two boardings, a trip, and a slash in the third period alone (a couple on each side). It was pretty clear that they decided to let the game be decided on the ice.

And plus, line changes are always a judgement call at some level. There's a reason they're not reviewable.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:12 AM   #1199
Would an idiot do that?

I didn't go back and watch them, but in real time both boardings looked pretty blatant. The non-call that would have been an Avalanche PP happened first, so when Avalanche player boarded TB guy on the other end of the ice a couple minutes later, I was immediately yelling at my TV.... YOU DIDN'T CALL THE OTHER ONE!

Glad they accepting my logic.

Landeskog's play against Hedman was strange... it's like he crosschecked Hedman in the thigh, which along the near boards looked like a trip, but thought they basically got it right.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:18 AM   #1200
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
That's it, the Canadian media is talking about it on TV right now.

Technically it was too many men, but the guy on the bench had no real impact on the goal at all and Colorado was dominating the play for a long time before that. Not bothered by it at all.
Again, to preface my comments, I don't know the minutia of hockey.

I understand fudging the distance by the players getting off and on the ice but..... its the finals, the player definitely came out early, a winning goal was scored and probably won the series. Something that decides a championship game should be reviewable.

They did let a lot of things go in that game.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.