Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2019, 05:43 PM  
Starter

Should I be happy Kietzman was fired? Yes, it's me.

I have mixed emotions about KK getting canned. It should've happened years ago. But I'm not convinced this incident deserved a firing.

Scale of 1 to 10, how pleased should I be?

For 20 years, KK got away with all sorts of underhanded bulls*t. Took two decades for karma to catch him.

Go Chiefs!

Whitlock
jwhit has disabled reputation
Old 06-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #106
MVP

Lookie here. AOL's own BallState69. I hope that's right.
If it's true that AOL saved every word every keystoke, the tables could turn on Witlock too.

I almost forgot about the Jeff George love affair and Bill Maas, I don't even want to go there.

One of the best reads on Witlock was this one but others called him out better. I only see Witlock when the TV at the brewery has his face on it. At least there's no volume and I can look away.

Quote:
A.J. Daulerio: Love him or loathe him, Jason Whitlock is one of the most fascinating sports writers working today. His columns are always infused with a stridency and subversion that make his words compelling, regardless of how batshitty the context or opinion. Like Jason Whitlock. Like him a lot. And today's column in the Kansas City Star, "Advice To Belichick: Sign Jeff George" veers into that weird, nonsensical universe that makes it appear the big man's been smoking a little salvia between paragraphs. Yes, Whitlock is unabashedly in love with Jeff George's Right Arm. Has been for years. And any time he's given the opportunity to pimp his boy, he does it both out of East Indy solidarity and genuine admiration. Today he puts logic in action as to why Jeff George should be the man to save the Patriots season. Let's pass that tinfoil pipe:
I didn't give a **** when you left KC, I was actually leaning for the gal from Minneapolis, and never spoke your name before getting a Fox Sports gig. When forced, I do point you out it not inclusive of anything that might be construed as a compliment.

KK leaving proves there is hope for KC Sports Radio and personally WHB better make the right choice, spend the money, and get someone that players want to talk to and listeners want to not miss a word uttered. I'm hoping sports radio makes a comeback in KC.

Makes me wonder if Fox Sports will do the same thing the Browns did with a broken Hunt and snap
KK up for peanuts before Foot locker does.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #107
In Search of a Life

Are you still going to be picking against the Chiefs all year like you did last season?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #108
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
How pleased should you be? You make a living with words...and while free speech is important, it isn't actually free.

This generation of "shock jock" reporting seem to think they're are immune from repercussions. They can freely do damage to peoples reputation and livelihood then go home.

I think this is more about Hill and the KC media seemingly wanting to ruin him. Chiefs know the real story and I'm sure it didn't sit well to have the locals blasting them.

USA Today ran a hit piece on the Hunt family...which stems directly from the false allegations towards Hill. I think they finally had enough and used the Reid bashing as an excuse to take out the trash.

Kietzman earned his fate...nobody made him be an insensitive asshole and a poison peddler.

I have a question for you...

How do you and your peers view what Mike Florio is doing to Hill? I honestly didn't know much about him before this incident... but I dont think I have ever seen someone try to aggressively destroy someone's reputation like he is. He is purposely ignoring facts that have come to light to railroad him. Is this a respected practice in your profession? It's really bizarre...and borderline obsessive.
All of this will be in JWitts next column verbatum- except he will claim it as his own work. CP has been his "well of inspiration" for years.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #109
Banned

I don't think anyone should be thrilled that we are living in a time that any little comment can get you canned and destroyed on social media. When I first heard about this I listened to the audio and thought I was going to hear something way worse than what I did.

However saying the stuff he said simply wasn't smart. He had to know there would be consequences for taking it as far as he did. The Chiefs are a big part of 810 and to throw their head coach under the bus like that was not good for business.

I am however, thrilled he is gone because I couldn't stand listening to that ego maniac and the station is much better off without him.
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #110
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCGal View Post
He is so dumbprideful/arrogant he can’t even see what he said wrong and apologize. He had to go.
FYP
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:38 PM   #111
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj56dt58 View Post
He had to know there would be consequences for taking it as far as he did.
When there has been no discipline for the prior 20+ years of stupid things said, a man gets very very full of himself and "thinks" he is "untouchable" therefore more brash, brazen and obnoxious as time goes on especially when he is part owner which emboldened him even more. KK a victim of chasing after his own celebrity. David Bowie sings about this.

Fame makes a man take things over
Fame lets him loose, hard to swallow
Fame puts you there where things are hollow (fame)
Fame, it's not your brain, it's just the flame
That burns your change to keep you insane (fame)
Fame, (fame) what you like is in the limo
Fame, (fame) what you get is no tomorrow
Fame, (fame) what you need you have to borrow Fame
Fame, (fame) it's mine, it's mine, it's just his line
To bind your time, it drives you to crime (fame)
Is it any wonder I reject you first?
Fame, fame, fame, fame
Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool? (fame)
Fame, bully for you, chilly for me
Got to get a rain check on pain (fame)
Fame
Fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame
Fame, what's your name?
Fame
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #112
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think anyone should be thrilled that we are living in a time that any little comment can get you canned and destroyed on social media. When I first heard about this I listened to the audio and thought I was going to hear something way worse than what I did.

However saying the stuff he said simply wasn't smart. He had to know there would be consequences for taking it as far as he did. The Chiefs are a big part of 810 and to throw their head coach under the bus like that was not good for business.

I am however, thrilled he is gone because I couldn't stand listening to that ego maniac and the station is much better off without him.
His whole schtick was basically pissing people off, it caught up with him.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #113
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

People get fired all the time in the "real world" (i.e. non-entertainment industries) for saying the wrong thing about the wrong person. In nearly all of those cases, I'm willing to bet those firings were waiting to happen due to poor job performance or just mailing it in after many years.

Hell, here in Fargo they have their own sports talk radio station reserved exclusively for NDSU athletics-- we're talking Division I-AA competition! I don't give a flying **** about NDSU women's basketball or NDSU sports in general, but the local yokels they hired to talk these sports are better jockeys than KK specifically because they try to keep the conversation engaging without going overboard on troll takes just to get people talking and riled up. It's really not that hard.

KK was boring, and when he wasn't boring he was a giant Skip Bayless-level troll. The station decided to move in a different direction. Good for them.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #114
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
I have mixed emotions about KK getting canned. It should've happened years ago. But I'm not convinced this incident deserved a firing.

Scale of 1 to 10, how pleased should I be?

For 20 years, KK got away with all sorts of underhanded bulls*t. Took two decades for karma to catch him.

Go Chiefs!

Whitlock
Since you are in the business. I think you have to give it a 1.
I understand that there were things in bad taste and what have you.
As you and others have stated he should have been fired years ago for not being good enough at his job.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #115
In my youth i pray to keep

Jason Whitlock posts here?
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:21 PM   #116
Veteran

I think it was the opportunity to do what the broadcast group had been wanting to do for a while. They suspended him and when it got national attention it was their opportunity to force him out.

For me once the Nick Wright tree pretty much left there hasn't been anyone worth listening to. Fescoe should be the next to pack his bags and gtfo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #117
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Jason Whitlock posts here?
From time to time, and usually if there's only something big going on.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #118
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Yeah, I don't think he really interacts with anybody (of course, based on some of the shit people say to/about him, it's probably for the best). I think he just picks our brains for the average fan viewpoint.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #119
I'll be back.

Whitlock was key to Save Our Chiefs.

He donated $300.

Please respect the GOAT.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #120
MVP

Let's be honest, Whitlock has been fired from multiple places and there aren't a lot of people wishing he'd come back to those places either. He should probably feel empathy.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.