Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM  
THREEPEAT!!!

I never imagined I'd be back here with another ****SAVE OUR CHIEFS*** thread...

but here we are. This is a long post and there is no getting around that.

Most of you probably know about SOC but it's been 12 years and 3 Super Bowls since then and there has probably been an influx of new users/fans that don't have any idea so I'm gonna briefly recap what happened just so they can keep up with the rest of this post. 12 years ago the people on this forum were the central supporters of one of the most effective fan rebellions against their team, ever. CP trolled on Social Media, trolled on Craigslist, made videos, came together and flew banners, and organized "Blackout Arrowhead" which was so visually impactful that Marv Albert and Rich Gannon mentioned us on air during a game. It was a glorious time in CP history where we literally turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

Why am I back here talking about this? Well, some wild stuff happened, other things may be happening, and something for sure is happening. I'll elaborate.

Wild Stuff Happened:

MartyMac (SOC & part time CP'er) sent me a message a few months ago to let me know that someone, who very much wanted to remain anonymous (Marty is the only guy who knows who the person is and he isn't telling), wanted to express gratitude for what we did in 2012 with SOC. He asked for ring sizes. A few months later... this shows up. One for each of us.

It is mind blowing to think that the effort put forth by this community into a plan I brought to you played a part in a butterfly effect of events where our team has now won 3 Super Bowls, has become a dynasty, and we literally have the best QB in football history. I wanted to reach out and thank everyone here who donated money/time/voice in support of SOC. Without you none of this happens. I honestly and truthfully believe that if we don't revolt... nothing changes and Pioli would have returned in 2013. WE (CP/SOC) did that.

Wild Stuff *MAY* Be Happening:

I don't have many details yet but there is, apparently, interest in a 30 for 30 style documentary based on the events of the 2012 fan revolt in KC with Bob Fescoe attached. All of this is in it's earliest of stages and no clue if it will actually happen or not but if it does happen... CP will likely play a prominent role in the whole thing. Some may be asked to participate via interviews if they wish to.

What is *ACUTALLY* Happening:

An impromptu CP/SOC get together. This Saturday at Chapelle's at 7PM. The back room is reserved. MartyMac wants to do a "ring presentation" for the fellas involved in SOC but more than anything... we just want to hang out for a while. We never really got to do that as a group since, at the time, we were spread all over the US. Since CP was the cradle of SOC we figured we would extend the invitation to those of you who might be interested in meeting/hanging out/celebrating the success of the Chiefs since Pioli was fired.

To be clear... your tab is your own. LOL
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #106
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

Who came up with the idea for a black clothes game? It kicked ass on TV. Wasn't it soon after stuff started changing?
I remember suggesting it on here in a discussion but some people didn't care for the idea 'cause the next game was the Raiders I think and people would just assume a bunch of Raiders fans got tickets. Eh, we could do it another game and a later game gives more time to get people to do it.

I hated the bags on heads idea or no show idea because we weren't giving up on our team - our team as we knew it was dead. We were still showing up like a funeral to pay our respects but our franchise was dead. Can I prove I was part of the thread here? Hell no, and a thread here doesn't mean anything anyway.

Now, did SOC or others organize that because of our suggestions on here? Probably not. We're not talking about a blueprint for cold fusion here - plenty of people thought our team was dead.

I sure as hell told the wife it was my suggestion though...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #107
YOU take YOUR seat

Man those were the days.

The dark days of Chiefs fandom and look at it now!

I remember the whole SOC fiasco very well and donated a small amount to fly the banner. That was an incredible moment lol.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #108
Seeing Red!

Very cool, I remember donating even though I couldn't really afford to. It seemed very helpless at the time, thankful we got out of those dark times.
Rexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRexx is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #109
Champs!

I wonder how Deb is feeling about this.....
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #110
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

****ing epic
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #111
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post

I remember the whole SOC fiasco very well and donated a small amount to fly the banner. That was an incredible moment lol.
After 2019 SB we were talking about the ugly days at work and I stated I'd donated to it. A coworker says "I did too!"

I don't know how much scratch was rounded up but a ton of people donated. It got all the exposure it needed.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #112
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
After 2019 SB we were talking about the ugly days at work and I stated I'd donated to it. A coworker says "I did too!"

I don't know how much scratch was rounded up but a ton of people donated. It got all the exposure it needed.
that's awesome. Everyone came together to save our Chiefs
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #113
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post

We tallied between $8-9k when it was all said and done. A donation of just over $1k dollars was sent to the Boys and Girls Club of KC at the end of it to zero out the Paypal account.
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #114
YOU take YOUR seat

I like to think that Clark Hunt saw that banner flying over a game and got really motivated/inspired/pissed off that he went out and personally delivered Andy Reid.
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #115
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I wonder how Deb is feeling about this.....
Well... Deb died so she probably isn't bothered by any of it.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #116
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I thought I'd run into that more than I do, but I'm also an old fart, and I think being a bandwagon jumper is much more of a young person's game.

And of course, woe be unto anybody who accuses me of being one, for then they'll get my well-practiced diatribe of how being a Chiefs fan prior to the Mahomes era was like a decades-long death sentence, and I can site example after example of how much it sucked, year after year after miserable year. Fifty years between Super Bowls, the first one I was too young to remember? Check. Twenty-two years between playoff wins? Check. Multiple years with the best record only to get bounced at home in the divisional round? Check. Finally bad enough to get a number one pick and the best player available is a goddamned lineman? Check. Montana getting obliterated in the AFCCG? Check. Lin Elliot? Check. Grbac over Gannon? Check. Broncos spraying their uniforms with Pam? Check. Baker's out of bounds kickoff? Check. No punt game? Check. Massive halftime lead blown and losing to the ****ing Colts in the playoffs AGAIN? Check. Mariotta catching his own deflected pass and Triplette's forward progress call? Check. Dee Ford? CHECK. And those are just the high points of the low points. They'll always shut up and go away long before I run out of things to bitch about.
I tend to be preemptive with it, when someone says something like, “Chiefs fan, huh?”, or I’m just asked who my team is, I typically follow it with, “And after many years of disappointment, heartbreak, embarrassment and misery, it’s finally paying off for me.”

But yeah, if just straight accused of it before that, I have a litany of painful memories and QBs they never heard of or forgotten they ever existed to throw at them.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #117
Champs!

But man, that year was just a disaster all around. Fan revolt. The Belcher incident as well.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #118
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
I like to think that Clark Hunt saw that banner flying over a game and got really motivated/inspired/pissed off that he went out and personally delivered Andy Reid.
I don't think it MADE him do anything but what business owner doesn't take in to account the dissatisfaction or opinion of the customer? I mean, it was a disaster, it's not like he couldn't see it. That said, instead of fans losing interest or giving up they were taking the time to voice their displeasure. Fans weren't walking away - they wanted changes. They wanted to improve things.
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #119
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
Well... Deb died so she probably isn't bothered by any of it.
Ah, I was not aware of that. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #120
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
We tallied between $8-9k when it was all said and done. A donation of just over $1k dollars was sent to the Boys and Girls Club of KC at the end of it to zero out the Paypal account.
That’s so awesome.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.