3. Lionel Messi
4. Lebron
5. Mr. 18-1 Tom Brady
6. Roger Federer
7. Simone Biles
8. Tiger Woods...
18. Patrick Mahomes

Quote:
In the end, we received more than 70,000 votes from ESPN contributors to create our top 100. We will reveal 25 athletes every day this week until we reach our No. 1 athlete of the 21st century.
I would have ranked Mahomes a bit higher, perhaps in the top 15. Also hilarious that Brady couldn't even manage to crack the top 3.

Last edited by SHOWTIME; Yesterday at 08:20 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 09:15 AM   #106
On Hiatus

Sorry...just not feeling it for Biles.....not in the Top 10 anyway.

And Serena Williams there at #2?

Tom Brady in the Top 10?

This sounds like something ESPN would put together just to get clicks and to be controversial.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #107
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Sorry...just not feeling it for Biles.....not in the Top 10 anyway.

And Serena Williams there at #2?

Tom Brady in the Top 10?

This sounds like something ESPN would put together just to get clicks and to be controversial.
Why? Again, I think the list is pretty consistent in how they grade these things. They both play individual sports. And in the grand scheme of things both are pretty much the GOATs of their respective sports. Maybe you shift Serena a spot or two but undeniably she is easily top 3-5.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #108
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Golf is a sport, I assume like many others, that you need to achieve some level of success in order gain the respect and understanding of just how difficult and demanding that it is.

A guy that goes out and hacks it around in order to slam down a beer per hole, probably isn't going to have a good understanding of it.
I actually think tiger is very underrated by this ranking. Tigers peak is GOAT status. Maybe he got docked because of behavior and longevity. But man, is there a more influential athlete to his sport than tiger? Lebron will always be lumped in with mj and Kobe. In golf it’s tiger and everyone else after him.

So here’s the way I think about it. Is this any less athletic or “sporty” than a 1B or a DH? If a DH hits .300+ with 800 HRs he would easily be a top 5 athlete. So why wouldn’t tiger be too?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I actually think tiger is very underrated by this ranking. Tigers peak is GOAT status. Maybe he got docked because of behavior and longevity. But man, is there a more influential athlete to his sport than tiger? Lebron will always be lumped in with mj and Kobe. In golf it’s tiger and everyone else after him.

So here’s the way I think about it. Is this any less athletic or “sporty” than a 1B or a DH? If a DH hits .300+ with 800 HRs he would easily be a top 5 athlete. So why wouldn’t tiger be too?
Thats how I feel.

Tiger single handedly got people watching and playing golf over other major sports, he was that exciting to watch. The game of golf owes an unpayable debt to Tiger for what he did for the game of Golf.

Kinda the same thing with Federer. I dont really give 2 shits about Tennis, but the way Federer played the game single handedly got me to watch and care about a game I otherwise wouldn't think about.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #110
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Thats how I feel.

Tiger single handedly got people watching and playing golf over other major sports, he was that exciting to watch. The game of golf owes an unpayable debt to Tiger for what he did for the game of Golf.

Kinda the same thing with Federer. I dont really give 2 shits about Tennis, but the way Federer played the game single handedly got me to watch and care about a game I otherwise wouldn't think about.
I know Federer is controversial because of a legit debate of GOAT status let alone versus players of his own generation, but I agree.