Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-30-2024, 05:27 AM  
Supporter

Ty Cobb is second now

Baseball Integrates Leaderboards

Major League Baseball officially updated its statistics leaderboard yesterday to include 2,300 qualifying men who played in the Negro Leagues between 1920 and 1948. The integration incorporates findings from a three-year research process initiated after MLB first recognized the Negro Leagues as major leagues in December 2020.

The update reshapes long-standing leaderboards, with legendary power hitter and Hall of Fame catcher Josh Gibson now recognized as the all-time leader in career batting average with a .372 mark, passing prior leader, Ty Cobb. Lifetime numbers from MLB players reflecting their time in the Negro Leagues were also recognized, including those of Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, and Satchel Paige. See a rundown of leaderboard changes here. https://www.mlb.com/news/stats-leade...ro-leagues-mlb

Tacit bans in the major leagues forced Black players to create their own leagues in the first half of the 20th century. Jackie Robinson broke the sport's racial barrier when he made his debut with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947

HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:40 PM   #106
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Pete Rose?
Why not
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:42 PM   #107
Veteran

Has anyone been able to solve the mystery about what player broke the color barrier as the first black player in the majors? That seems like a big deal. I'd be curious to find out who it was. I suppose it was the entire visiting team along with the lead-off hitter of the home team for the first ever Negro game ever played. But I want names and I want every one of those 10 players to have their numbers retired.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:15 PM   #108
Woman should only make babies

Hall of Fame is incomplete without Paste
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:25 PM   #109
MVP

So funny. Invincibill downvoted me and I take that as a badge of honor. Bill is cool

KYSIRSOZE in now following me around everywhere I go like a puppy because I simply had a different take on something I guess. Hey pooch, can I rub your ears a bit to make you feel better?
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:27 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
I resorted to name calling because his shitty post wasn't worth engaging with and he has a history of being a terrible ****ing poster. And I don't think being in favor of this change and thinking he's a dumbass are mutually exclusive.
So you are a ****? K.......N.....T....
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:17 PM   #111
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
So funny. Invincibill downvoted me and I take that as a badge of honor. Bill is cool

KYSIRSOZE in now following me around everywhere I go like a puppy because I simply had a different take on something I guess. Hey pooch, can I rub your ears a bit to make you feel better?
I don't know who you are or what you're talking about.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:21 PM   #112
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Golf and embezzling money
Swimming, golf Tiger is an outlier. Hockey is one I don't understand if blacks took an interest they could dominate. They can be physical have great hand eye coordination. Hockey is well-paid now too.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 10:30 PM   #113
Fight, build, win!

Most hockey players out of uniform are kinda shrimps. A big fast athletic 250 lb linebacker or 280 lb DE crashing the boards. This would be a team that would dominate. Get in some ice skates and dominate.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:15 AM   #114
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Swimming, golf Tiger is an outlier. Hockey is one I don't understand if blacks took an interest they could dominate. They can be physical have great hand eye coordination. Hockey is well-paid now too.
Hockey is expensive to play, so is golf
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2024, 06:40 AM   #115
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Pete Rose?
Nah **** that. Guy influenced outcomes of games by betting. He and Joe Jackson. That is a cardinal sin that should both be punished. And yes, they both did it if you read between the lines. There's a special place in baseball hell for those who cheat to lose that's even worse than those who cheat for advantage, which lots of people have done with lots of gray area
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:06 AM   #116
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
Has anyone been able to solve the mystery about what player broke the color barrier as the first black player in the majors? That seems like a big deal. I'd be curious to find out who it was. I suppose it was the entire visiting team along with the lead-off hitter of the home team for the first ever Negro game ever played. But I want names and I want every one of those 10 players to have their numbers retired.
Moses Fleetwood Walker played in the majors 30 years before Rube Foster was the impetus behind a high-level Negro League.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...alkefl01.shtml
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:24 AM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post

She needs to be spayed it's in heat you see and you're the target. Or throw a bucket of cold water on her for immediate results.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:30 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I have a question as I don't have any idea about it. When did Latin America start playing baseball? Should MLB start digging through those statistics?
Yes, everyone gets a participation trophy we don't want anyone to feel left out.

Anyone here play T-ball when you're a kid? Step up here for your award.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-31-2024, 11:46 AM   #119
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Nah **** that. Guy influenced outcomes of games by betting. He and Joe Jackson. That is a cardinal sin that should both be punished. And yes, they both did it if you read between the lines. There's a special place in baseball hell for those who cheat to lose that's even worse than those who cheat for advantage, which lots of people have done with lots of gray area
He's a Hall of Famer...PERIOD
Old 05-31-2024, 12:13 PM   #120
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
He's a Hall of Famer...PERIOD
Always say the opposite of Zilla and you will be right
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.