Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM  
You Sweetie!

-- way back in the day - Noland Rd. (memory lane) *NFT

Honestly - did you ever 'cruise' Noland?

I was a tad young but would tag along w/ my sister and her friends when she'd allow it.

I remember the Wild Woodys - the Venture - there was an awesome video store where we'd rent Cheech and Chong movies. Let's see - Tippins, Arthur Treachers - Rustlers BBQ, Red Lobster, Fuddruckers.

Those were the days - 1969 Nova v8 w/ Cragar's.

WE WERE THERE!

reminiscing today for some reason...
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #106
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Who remembers "All Night Live" with old creepo Uncle Ed, who passed away recently?

definitely.....always good for a 3 stooges fix!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #107
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Here's all I got:
excellent.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #108
Supporter

Quote:
Who remembers "All Night Live" with old creepo Uncle Ed, who passed away recently?

So now we know what a 'young' Larry King looked like.

The more I see, the more I feel blessed to have missed the years of TV I did, basically after first year of Dukes of Hazzard until The Cosby Show/the Commodore 64 came out. Dallas, Dynasty, and shit like this. No thank you. [though I treasure discovering Hill Street Blues on DVD]
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #109
In Search of a Life

Cruising died because it's no longer necessary. I talk about this with my students all the time: cruising was a way to find people and make plans once you left your house. It always had such a cool rhythm to it with expectation of what might happen. Sometimes magic of finding a perfect secluded kegger where the girl you were crushing on was going to be and other times nothing but boredom and not running into anyone. Regardless , the experience is dead now because of cell phones. Kids don't have to cruise to find out what's going on. They just all text each other and it's on immediately.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #110
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewChief View Post
Cruising died because it's no longer necessary. I talk about this with my students all the time: cruising was a way to find people and make plans once you left your house. It always had such a cool rhythm to it with expectation of what might happen. Sometimes magic of finding a perfect secluded jegger where the girl you were crushing on was going to be and other times nothing but boredom and not running into anyone. Regardless , the experience is dead now because of cell phones. Kids don't have to cruise to find out what's going on. They just all text each other and it's on immediately.
'Posted from Iphone 4S' is no where near as cool as 'yeah, it's a 454 with a Roots Blower' or 'you wanna see the Nitrous tank?'
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #111
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
'Posted from Iphone 4S' is no where near as cool as 'yeah, it's a 454 with a Roots Blower' or 'you wanna see the Nitrous tank?'
Yeah. It's just crazy to me. I'll talk about "cruising" in lectures occasionally and one day I realized that I was referencing a cultural touchstone rendered meaningless to this generation.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #112
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah. It's just crazy to me. I'll talk about "cruising" in lectures occasionally and one day I realized that I was referencing a cultural touchstone rendered meaningless to this generation.
Interestingly, sports bike cruises arose AFTER car cruising died out. NY had that huge controversy when the SUV driver ran over a sports biker in panic, but St. Louis has had similar wheelie and burnout festivals on the interstates for coming on a decade now.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #113
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC native View Post
heh, Noland was still happening through 1999 when I graduated high school. We wasted many nights there ****ing with the Independence kids.
Did you drive your house with wheels down noland?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:13 AM   #114
MVP

Quote:
There is a possibility that the place I'm thinking of was called 'The Old Barn' instead of 'The Red Barn.' I think I ate there 2-3 times, but it was around age 5-7.

There seemed to be over 100-150 people there at a time on a Sunday afternoon, pretty popular while it lasted.
You're thinking of Joe's Barn at about 151st and Metcalf. It's long gone. We used to have our football banquets there.

There was a Red Barn at about 95th and Metcalf, but it closed in the late 70s I think.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #115
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Here's a few more:
Calico Cat is now a medical center and I think Mugs Up caught fire(although I think it has reopened). Really cool pics George.
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #116
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Was that Red Barn related to the REAL Red Barn? Does anyone even remember that place, out in the country, I think on the Kansas side, a big old barn where people ate at long tables.
My Grandfathers farm was in Stillwell, Ks the RedBarn was in or near Stanley I believe. We ate there many time's was good food but Grandma's was better.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #117
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken View Post
Calico Cat is now a medical center and I think Mugs Up caught fire(although I think it has reopened). Really cool pics George.
There's a Mugs Up on 23rd Street about a 1/4 mile East of Noland Rd.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #118
A certain set of skills

Quote:

Go to the 1:35 mark and watch him have his cat raising his paws to recite the creed.

The All Night Live Creed

I promise every night at eleven
I will tune in to All Night Live
A faithful viewer I will always be
I'm not handing you no jive
Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fairplay is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
you drove all that way just to cruise noland freaking road?
I drove an hour to do it some times.
crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.crazycoffey is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #120
MVP

Quote:
Cruising died because it's no longer necessary. I talk about this with my students all the time: cruising was a way to find people and make plans once you left your house. It always had such a cool rhythm to it with expectation of what might happen. Sometimes magic of finding a perfect secluded kegger where the girl you were crushing on was going to be and other times nothing but boredom and not running into anyone. Regardless , the experience is dead now because of cell phones. Kids don't have to cruise to find out what's going on. They just all text each other and it's on immediately.
I wouldn't say cruising died. At least not near tulsa. It's just a way for true car enthusiasts to get together. And sluts to find the d. I popped the t tops off my trams am ws6 many a time to let a girl on top on a side street off memorial. Lol good times.

And does anyone know what issue car craft those pics are from?
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.