Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #106
PermaBanned

Average NFL QB: 60 yards

Average CP Poster: 55 yards.
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #107
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I went two handed a long time ago, but I can pull off a good one hand on occasion. I would have loved to clock my first serve when it was really on, twas nasty fast.
SO yeah, next time you're in town, ping me, I have some good courts in which you can actually see the skyline. Ha. That'd be badass, based JUST on our conversation last yr. I'd bet we'd play pretty close.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #108
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I still like to slice, but my bigger problem is getting my hands around fast enough and I end up pushing to the right. I'm getting better at it, but its taking time, and I don't get to play enough to really improve it.
109 mph. or there-abouts, I'm gifted w/ numbers and being psychic.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #109
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Average NFL QB: 60 yards

Average CP Poster: 55 yards.

Expected something different?
ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #110
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
109 mph. or there-abouts, I'm gifted w/ numbers and being psychic.
LOL!
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #111
well.....alright

reminds me of a poll I saw on sports nation on ESPN.......51% of Americans said they thought they could hit a homerun in a major league park with an aluminum bat.........bullshit
wildcat09 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.wildcat09 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #112
You Sweetie!

ODDLY, that sounds right, huh?

Anyway, while it's bragging rights time for the boyz, i'll say, I only play what I play well,

legit @:
Dart thrower
Nine Ball
Corn holing
basketball (give me like 2 weeks)
throwing a football (actually, no joke, I can sling w/ accuracy)
long distance running (not phenomenal, but fairly decent for a beginner `38 minutes for four mis.)
tennis (my main gig)
uncanny punting skillz
I can still moonwalk

terrible @:
Bowling
Golf
Soccer
video games (though, legit @ Madden)
microsoft Excel
drinking
patience

Love life 6'1" CHRISTIAN MALE.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Buzz
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: x
Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Buzz
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #113
Pritay Pritay Pritay Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
This thread reminds me of one I had several years ago about golf. At the time, not one pro golfer averaged 300 yds off the tee. But this site had 25-30 who could do it. Some of them with range balls.
Dailymotion: A Typical Poster from ChiefsPlanet

src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x6m036_football-with-mr-perfect-promo_sport" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">
BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.BigRock wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Buzz
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #114
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Why do I picture gochiefs outside, right now, trying to throw a football just like I told him?
Because you're a ****ing moron?

I know how to throw a football.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Buzz
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Buzz
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #115
Sarcasm

Heres another question... How far can you kick a field goal? My record is 45 yards. Made it with plenty of room to spare. But I havent kicked it better than that yet. Im not much of a kicker.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #116
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
If you can throw it 45 I can throw it out of Arrowhead from the 50 yard line.
Why can't he throw it 45??? I guess I am not seeing something.. Most people I play football with can all throw over 45 yards..
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #117
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Towne View Post
I'd love to see some actual trials to compare to these posts. I'll bet we would see some big differences.
LOL, I actually went out and made sure I could do it.. Got close to 65, but my arm kills me on those.. edit that was me running also, accuracy is not good at all throwing that deep..
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #118
Sarcasm

Chiefsplanet has lost a total of 10 pounds now from people going outside and trying to throw the ball as far as they can. gochiefs might be the next todd haley.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #119
Keepin it Real

I could probably toss the rock 40 yards, maybe. Once would be it, arm would probably dislocate.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #120
Supporter

I seriously don't understand the people questioning this. 55 yards isn't a problem at all.
doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.