Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2024, 02:29 PM   #2
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
He did miss one in the 13 seconds game against Buffalo, which is partially why they were down 3 points at the end. But he made up for it by drilling the kick at the very end to push the game into overtime.
He might have missed other FGs as well in the playoffs. He just hasn’t missed a “must make” one.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 10:38 AM   #3
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Butker is the GOAT kicker.

He combines the regular season success, power, and accuracy of Tucker with the postseason clutch of Vinatieri.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 02:53 PM   #4
MVP

Is giving a Center a big money deal a smart move from an over-all team perspective? Do you need an All-Pro Center in this offense?

I did a quick search...2 of the top 10 were 1st rounders and 2 were second rounders....Kelce was a 6th rounder and Linsley was a 5th...they are rated #2/3 overall...and Andrews was undrafted (6th rated)

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot to replenish the position. KC let Hudson walk...then Morse.

Creed is awesome and home-grown but if they pay him, they are likely going to lose another position...which might be harder to replace.

When I think of big money contracts...I think "can the team be similarly successful without them" if the answer is yes...I'd let them walk....like they did with Sneed.

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-31-2024 at 02:59 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 02:57 PM   #5
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Is giving a Center a big money deal a smart move from an over-all team perspective? Do you need an All-Pro Center in this offense?

I did a quick search...2 of the top 10 were 1st rounders and 2 were second rounders....Kelce was a 6th rounder and Linsley was a 5th...they are rated #2/3 overall...and Andrews was undrafted (6th rated)

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot for the position.

Creed is awesome and home-grown but if they pay him, they are likely going to lose another position...which might be harder to replace.
You do not.

BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 03:06 PM   #6
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:

Given where the Chiefs are likely to pick every year...seems like a sweet spot to replenish the position. KC let Hudson walk...then Morse.

When I think of big money contracts...I think "can the team be similarly successful without them" if the answer is yes...I'd let them walk....like they did with Sneed.
At some point you have to pay a few of your guys who stand out.

It's just team politics. If these guys go out there and just ball out game it, game out and you still walk away from them, it sends a kinda poor message to the rest of the young players on the squad.

It makes everything very transactional. "I'm here playing for my next contract with someone else..." isn't gonna get you the same level of buy in.

Now you don't have to go all Cowboys with it and sign EVERYONE to new deals. But you do need to give a few guys market deals. You want to show the rest of the squad that the hard work will pay off for them.

They'll do it with McDuffie. Probably Karlaftis. Probably Creed and almost certainly Butker.

You're essentially picking one dude from each 'room' and paying him. One staking horse to sit in those meetings with the rest of the OL or DBs or DLs and say "Keep it up man - you see how it went for me..." I think that matters.

If you let Creed AND Smith walk, that's a pretty bad look. And if Creed costs $7 million/season less than Smith...well doesn't it make more sense to keep Creed?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 03:11 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
At some point you have to pay a few of your guys who stand out.

They'll do it with McDuffie. Probably Karlaftis. Probably Creed and almost certainly Butker.
They have a lot of talented players that will need a new deal soon...so you have to evaluate who would be harder to replace...and what resources you would need to replace them.

My post wasn't a knock on Creed at all...it was more about the position he plays and how vital it is to overall team success.

This is strictly from a cap management perspective...Rice is on the same contract trajectory as McDuffie/Karlaftis....which is 3 seasons out. He looks (to me) like he's going to become a great WR.

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-31-2024 at 03:22 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 03:26 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
They have a lot of talented players that will need a new deal soon...so you have to evaluate who would be harder to replace...and what resources you would need to replace them.

My post wasn't a knock on Creed at all...it was more about the position he plays and how vital it is to overall team success.

This is strictly from a cap management perspective...Rice is on the same contract trajectory as McDuffie/Karlaftis....which is 3 seasons out. He looks (to me) like he's going to become a great WR.
Kelce, Jones, Taylor ill all likely be gone by the time it comes to pay those guys.

As long as it's stacked that way, they should be fine.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:12 PM   #9

Quote:

Rice is a full season behind McDuffie/Karlaftis. And a very obvious 'replacement' within the salary structure for Travis Kelce.

Karlaftis will likely be structured in a way that he back-fills for Jones. The cap management decision with regard to McDuffie was just made - they let Sneed walk because they wanted to maintain the long-term flexibility to be aggressive in their extension with McDuffie.

You can keep Creed, McDuffie, Karlaftis and Rice. You'll lose Thuney and Smith. You probably lose Bolton. You draft to replace a guy like Reid.

They're gonna be okay with the cap even if it includes Creed.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 03:35 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I think it’s worth giving one big contract on the OL interior and creed fits that bill. I do hope (or maybe wish) we had a succession plan at guard. That feels like an easy position to draft for outside of blue chip picks and it’s a position I want to be very good but doesn’t need to be elite.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think it’s worth giving one big contract on the OL interior and creed fits that bill. I do hope (or maybe wish) we had a succession plan at guard. That feels like an easy position to draft for outside of blue chip picks and it’s a position I want to be very good but doesn’t need to be elite.
It's been really REALLY hard to find anyone with a bad word to say about Hunter Nourzad.

I think he's starting somewhere on the IOL next season. Or at the very least he competes with Wanya Morris (and hell, it could be BOTH of those guys).

I think you se Nourzad in the Allegretti role this year before moving into the starting lineup next season. Then I think CJ Hanson (or another 3rd day IOL pick in 2025) ends up replacing Nourzad as the sort of primary swing IOL that the Chiefs seem to really value.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:26 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
It's been really REALLY hard to find anyone with a bad word to say about Hunter Nourzad.

I think he's starting somewhere on the IOL next season. Or at the very least he competes with Wanya Morris (and hell, it could be BOTH of those guys).

I think you se Nourzad in the Allegretti role this year before moving into the starting lineup next season. Then I think CJ Hanson (or another 3rd day IOL pick in 2025) ends up replacing Nourzad as the sort of primary swing IOL that the Chiefs seem to really value.
It would be nice to actually have some continuity at center, but also really nice to know that you have flexibility at C/G.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:26 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That would be ideal. I love the idea of wanya. Hope you’re right about nourzad. Hate the idea of losing Trey but these are unfortunately the kind of casualties great teams need to make.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #14
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

Craig Stout was all over this kid since January. I don’t listen to a ton of KCSN but it’s pretty well known that Craig was the best of the KCSN lab which sucks bc now he’s stepped back from full time.

Elite intelligence (engineering major at Cornell), played almost everywhere don’t he line and has a really really high floor.

I remember Craig noting his excellent athleticism to go with his elite hands (nearly 11”) and his 27 bench reps. He’s really hard to move and just does everything really well.

I think he’s Trey’s replacement. I don’t think you’ll see the pancakes and physicality Trey produces but you’ll see more consistency in pass pro where Trey can really struggle with technique and hand placement sometimes (Barmore beat his ass in NE).
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Craig Stout was all over this kid since January. I don’t listen to a ton of KCSN but it’s pretty well known that Craig was the best of the KCSN lab which sucks bc now he’s stepped back from full time.

Elite intelligence (engineering major at Cornell), played almost everywhere don’t he line and has a really really high floor.

I remember Craig noting his excellent athleticism to go with his elite hands (nearly 11”) and his 27 bench reps. He’s really hard to move and just does everything really well.

I think he’s Trey’s replacement. I don’t think you’ll see the pancakes and physicality Trey produces but you’ll see more consistency in pass pro where Trey can really struggle with technique and hand placement sometimes (Barmore beat his ass in NE).
If you're looking for similar 'archetypes' on the line, Morris would replace Smith and Nourzad replace Thuney.

And honestly, I don't think that's untenable. I think that IOL gets the job done IF the OTs step up and play at a higher level than they played the last couple years.

If you don't need the IOL to help as much on the outside, you don't need them to be quite as good.

Ultimately you have to to look at the OL as an entity. And I think the elite nature of our IOL allowed us to operate with slightly lesser performance at OT. Well if the OTs move up in the world to at least average to slightly above, we can function with average to slightly above on the IOL as well.

Lots of moving parts on an offensive line and there are a TON of ways to scheme around a weakness here and there. We'll make it work.

And yeah, I think Nourzad will prove to be a pretty big part in all that.