Bb's lawnside 8 7.02%
Woodyard 6 5.26%
Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2023, 11:00 PM   #2
I love your mom

Are most of the downtown joints going to be open after 6 pm on sat the 23 or on x mas eve ? Also is the power and light district something to go check out?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-08-2023, 07:07 AM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Are most of the downtown joints going to be open after 6 pm on sat the 23 or on x mas eve ? Also is the power and light district something to go check out?
I live downtown and there were a lot of places open on Thanksgiving day. Not sure about Christmas Eve, but I don’t think the 23rd will be an issue at all. If you’re looking for great restaurants I would recommend The Town Company, Farina, Grunauer, and Lula Southern Cookhouse. But, there’s a ton of great options down here.

P&L is fine. It’s okay to stop by and look around, but the restaurants are pretty average. However, 801 Chophouse and Blue Sushi Sake Grill are great.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 05:46 AM   #4
Everybody Lies.

LC's
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:10 AM   #5
Veteran

Smokehouse shouldn’t count as a KC BBQ experience. Don’t let it taint your overall view. It’s basically just precooked meat lathered in their sauce.

My vote for you is still to go try Harp. It’s close to independence and the stadium. But if not their, definitely make it to one of the 3 most popular spots.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-09-2023, 08:41 AM   #6
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
Smokehouse shouldn’t count as a KC BBQ experience. Don’t let it taint your overall view. It’s basically just precooked meat lathered in their sauce.

My vote for you is still to go try Harp. It’s close to independence and the stadium. But if not their, definitely make it to one of the 3 most popular spots.
This is an accurate description of last night's dinner
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:43 AM   #7
Mahomes Fanboi

I like the Crispy (Chopped Brisket Sandwich) from Smokehouse, but I'd much rather Burnt ends or ribs from one of the top rated places in town.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #8
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
I like the Crispy (Chopped Brisket Sandwich) from Smokehouse, but I'd much rather Burnt ends or ribs from one of the top rated places in town.
All true.

That sandwich my go-to as well, but I'd say I still only eat at that Smokehouse maybe once a year and it's like a mile from me. And I order sauce on the side to avoid the explosion in those pictures. I like their beans.

The Smokehouse on North Oak is considerably better IMO but when you land at 830 at night you aren't gonna have many options.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:50 AM   #9
The Lurkiest

I'm wondering about burnt ends at
Harp
Q39
And Joe's I like burnt ends but not candied burnt ends if you get what I'm saying. When the sauce is cooked into meat and it's basically candied.
I think we are hitting Harp after the stadium tour so if you have recs for Harp send em
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2023, 01:50 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Harp
Q39
And Joe's I like burnt ends but not candied burnt ends if you get what I'm saying. When the sauce is cooked into meat and it's basically candied.
I think we are hitting Harp after the stadium tour so if you have recs for Harp send em
If they have it today, the blueberry white cheddar sausage is unreal. Brisket is top notch at Harp. It's the thick cut style with some bark on top. Ribs are always solid there as well. Don't actually know if I've ever had burnt ends there but they serve them I think.

And on the sides, I always like the twice baked potato salad.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Harp
Q39
I’ll vouch for Q39 burnt ends. Theyre better than I can do. By a lot. They run out of them a lot but if you get the brisket dinner they usually have enough for them.

They are ****ing amazing
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:28 PM   #12
Sleeping on the blacktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’ll vouch for Q39 burnt ends. Theyre better than I can do. By a lot. They run out of them a lot but if you get the brisket dinner they usually have enough for them.

They are ****ing amazing
They'll often run out of burnt ends as a stand alone dish but still serve their burnt ends sandwich.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 09:58 AM   #13
Ultrabanned

Boise, did the new airport blow you away?

It's been heralded as an engineering and architectural masterpiece. Very interesting art as well.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #14
Cheat Death

I’d never recommend Gates under normal circumstances but I know the Main St location is open until midnight which can be a hoot

Watching post-game opposing fans looking all confused while getting yelled at about their order is the highlight
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #15
The Lurkiest

Standing in line at slaps.