Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:03 AM   #1096
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I've seen enough ugly arguments at and around Arrowhead, I'm surprised this hasn't took place in that parking lot yet. That danger is always going to be there.

But exposing the players/coaches/staff to it... yeah, probably not happening again.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:12 AM   #1097
Mahomes or GTFO

Assuming these will now be treated just like the NFL Draft was.

Single points of entry where security checkpoints exist.

It'll make it a shit show, but it is what it is.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:13 AM   #1098
Plays to win the game!

Yeah, don't get into it with people in public spaces. It's not worth it no matter how confident you are in your abilities and methods of protection. If you see it building, get the **** away immediately.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:13 AM   #1099
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Yeah, don't get into it with people in public spaces. It's not worth it no matter how confident you are in your abilities and methods of protection. If you see it building, get the **** away immediately.
^^^^
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:19 AM   #1100
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I've seen enough ugly arguments at and around Arrowhead, I'm surprised this hasn't took place in that parking lot yet. That danger is always going to be there.

But exposing the players/coaches/staff to it... yeah, probably not happening again.
It happened 10 years ago. I am surprised it doesn't happen more often because there is multiple fights at every game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...owhead-stadium
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:19 AM   #1101
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I know I'm way too logical with this stuff, but I really hope nothing changes at all. Does it suck that it happened? Absolutely. But should the world stop holding large events unless metal detectors are involved? Man, that would suck.

I understand the trauma, and if people choose not to go because of it, that's perfectly understandable. But even among those who went, your chances of actually being harmed are incredibly low. They estimated that 1 million people were there (though I'm always skeptical of those estimates), which means that ~0.002% of people who attended were harmed (1 in 50k) and ~0.0002% of people were killed (1 in 500k). Compare that to car crashes, which kill ~40k people per year in the U.S. (1 in 8k).

It's just not that risky in reality even if it is an extremely disconcerting and traumatizing event.
Yeah, I guess that was my main point originally... nobody's a wimp one day later for voicing concerns over being shot at an event when the risk should be 0.00000000%.

And I think of it from an expected risk/actual risk, which of course is different in both cases to what it should be.

I mean, the inherent risk of being shot at Arrowhead if there were no metal detectors would still be very low, just like the chance of getting struck by lightning during a thunderstorm... but they still use metal detectors and they still tell people to take cover if there's lightning in the area.

And none of that is remotely meant to be an argument for why they should move the parade to a stadium, I'm just illustrating my point of talking statistics and logic until we're blue in the face... the whole thing sucks and using a woman of 2 or the other twenty people as statistics sucks (not at all saying you're being insensitive to the topic).

I'd personally still show up to a parade, but at the same time understand the concern for future events beyond the low risk that you're the one who gets killed, but also at the very least the general aspect of the shooting overshadowing the entire event.

Or in other words, all involved being concerned about how a celebratory event turns tragic outside of simply the risk of being the one who is directly impacted.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:24 AM   #1102
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Assuming these will now be treated just like the NFL Draft was.

Single points of entry where security checkpoints exist.

It'll make it a shit show, but it is what it is.
That sounds great if it will allow us to continue having parades. Wasn't aware the Draft was done that way (went to last year's parade, not this one).
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #1103
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
So when they talked about the "child victims" on the news, I envision innocent kindergartners being shot as they bent down to smell a flower. Were they really child victims in this case, or were they all underage hoodlums who were shooting at each other to cleanse the gene pool?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #1104
MVP

"I'm not taking any shit off anybody" can get innocent people killed
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:28 AM   #1105
In Search of a Life

Interesting tidbit here that there was only one shooting location. Sounds like the whole thing about a second shooting 5 minutes later in the parking garage might have just been a scare. So far I haven't seen any witness say they saw or heard shots in the parking garage, just second hand reports. Could have been cops chasing the kids into the parking garage, which caused a panic, but no shots fired.

This makes a lot more sense than the one bigger older guy (the one who didn't get shot at first, probably guy in red sweats) with a pistol chasing 3 kids armed like that and then engaging them in the parking lot, or any other scenario.

But still, one kid got his jaw shot off somehow unless that one guy was wrong about that. No idea how he could get something like that wrong. Maybe his friend accidentally shot it off when he was spinning around in circles.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:30 AM   #1106
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
So when they talked about the "child victims" on the news, I envision innocent kindergartners being shot as they bent down to smell a flower. Were they really child victims in this case, or were they all underage hoodlums who were shooting at each other to cleanse the gene pool?
There's no way all of them are hoodlums. In the video where they're giving CPR to someone, you can see another teen with a Chiefs jersey who was shot in the leg.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:33 AM   #1107
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I'd personally still show up to a parade, but at the same time understand the concern for future events beyond the low risk that you're the one who gets killed, but also at the very least the general aspect of the shooting overshadowing the entire event.
Like I said earlier, I know a girl who was killed at First Friday in a similar stray bullet situation, and a guy who was killed by a stray bullet walking out of a swanky DC restaurant.

I don't know how much greater your risk is at a parade vs. anywhere that's adjacent to a high crime area.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:35 AM   #1108
Cheat Death

Hopefully if some of the wounded were involved or were eye witnesses they will cooperate so those responsible are held accountable

I live in Mayberry and there was a kid beat to death at a house party with 1000 kids there. Theres hundred of hours of video but none caught the actual act and no one will come forward as a witness so no arrests have been made even though it happened in a crowd of people
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:37 AM   #1109
Starter

rumor on another message board from guy who claims a KCPD connection is that one of the suspects is 16 and was out on probation for a different murder. is that even possible?
dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.dabergtobirden is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:40 AM   #1110
Plays to win the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabergtobirden View Post
rumor on another message board from guy who claims a KCPD connection is that one of the suspects is 16 and was out on probation for a different murder. is that even possible?
Depends on the evidence, trying as an adult, etc.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.