Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #1081
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Isbel heading to the IL?
Sucks for him, but I hope so lol. I want to see Waters come up and take his job.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:02 PM   #1082
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:19 PM   #1083
Champion Golfer Of The Year

A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:50 PM   #1084
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Re: a trade, if the Royals could get Mason Miller from the A’s for Blake Mitchell and a tack-on or two, I think you do it. Miller would have five more years of control, and Mitchell is a HS C who is admittedly hitting well in Low-A, but also striking out a ton.

Mitchell is on track to end the year as a top 50 prospect. I doubt the A’s get that type of offer elsewhere. Maybe have them throw in Rooker to go with it and send a little more back their way.
I want what you’re smoking.
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:54 PM   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
A great day to be at the park. With the heat and breeze, I was stunned that nobody got under one and sent it into the fountains.

Zerpa was visibly irritated by VP on that pick off attempt. It was towards the second base side of the bag, but from my vantage point, down low, halfway between 1st and home, VP should have caught the ball and applied a tag. But, these things happen.

Still, they came to the plate in the 9th, down two, having lost 6/7 and never wavered. Velasquez just torched that ball. Kind of found it hard to believe it got over Merrill’s head. Looked like he was playing fairly deep.

Helluva win.
Hella humid for the opening chunk of the game and then the sun came out! The past week has been frustrating, and again, we haven’t lost more than 3 in a row all year. Pulling today’s game out of the fire was huge. So glad I got to see it! Almost had a miracle on Friday too, thanks to Nellie!

But this bullpen really needs help. Having Massey out really sucks too. MJ has been lousy. Do they swing a deal before Cleveland on Tuesday? Call someone up? I hope so.

Nice weekend crowds too, 30k, 25k, 22k. Another month over .500, and I’m betting those numbers improve. Fans are into it!
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:58 PM   #1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post

Helluva win.
Yeah, Nellie did indeed smoke that ball. Off the middle of the wall. 4 more feet and it’s a game winning 3 run bomb.
Old 06-03-2024, 08:30 AM   #1087
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
I want what you’re smoking.
Re: Mitchell's value or the concept in general?

I know Mitchell is off to a great start, but he does still hold a huge amount of risk.

I'd prefer to make a move like that without trading Mitchell, but Miller is an elite talent at the MLB level already.

Carter Jensen is also performing well and could be a good trade piece. Having 2 LH-hitting catchers who can hit at Lo and High A, respectively, isn't such a bad problem to have.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2024, 08:35 AM   #1088
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatinKS View Post
Why do Royals players after a big hit point to both cheeks with their pinky fingers?
They are pointing to their eyes. It’s a new trend. It stands for “predator eyes” as in “I’m on the hunt”. Kids these days.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:01 AM   #1089
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Seems Royals have a prospect or two in the minors at the catcher position. What does the future look like for Freddy Fermin in the organization? He's putting together a very nice year. With the organization mentioning being more transactional, any chance they could flip Freddy to improve the bullpen or strengthen the outfield?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:23 AM   #1090
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Seems Royals have a prospect or two in the minors at the catcher position. What does the future look like for Freddy Fermin in the organization? He's putting together a very nice year. With the organization mentioning being more transactional, any chance they could flip Freddy to improve the bullpen or strengthen the outfield?
They need Freddy for now, though. I don't think he has shown enough to make some team think he's an above-average starter for them. Having a good backup is important if you want to use Perez aggressively at 1B and DH.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 07:06 AM   #1091
MVP

If there was a reasonable offer on the table to bring in Randy Arozarena, would you pull the trigger?

He's a big name but having a terrible season at the plate. He's also highly marketable.

I heard Jeff Passan mention it and thought it was a good question.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-04-2024, 09:27 AM   #1092
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:06 AM   #1093
Dazed and Confused

An early look at the reliever trade market:

https://www.royalsreview.com/2024/6/...r-trade-market
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:18 AM   #1094
MVP

Avasail Garcia was released by the Marlins. He’s been bad…but much better than Melendez
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:21 AM   #1095
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Avasail Garcia was released by the Marlins. He’s been bad…but much better than Melendez
Jerry Garcia currently would be much better than Melendez.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.