Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:19 AM   #1036
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Jesus Fraz, you never told us you met KcNative in person.
Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Czervik has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:21 AM   #1037
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Jesus Fraz, you never told us you met KcNative in person.

Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him, but that would explain a lot. I knocked the shit out of that guy.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:36 AM   #1038
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I agree with this. I was friends with a few of them when I lived in Chicago. Some are far more decent than others. One of them likely saved my life after I got in an altercation with a guy who then went home, got his gun and returned intending to shoot me. My buddy was the bouncer at the bar where it happened, was older and senior to the guy, and stopped him. I wasn't even aware of how close I came to getting whacked that night until much later.
For all of their faults, they do tend to be a pretty loyal bunch. If you’ve some how managed to earn their trust or respect, you might actually be one of the safest people in the community. Back in the mid to late 90’s in southwest New Mexico my family had an outreach program for the at risk and gang kids piggybacked off of a boot camp style program at a family ranch in the mountains. Two of the kids, two brothers who were just punks and not really affiliated with any of the local gangs ran away one day and robbed our house while we were at church one Sunday. They were eventually caught, and some of the actual gang kids we knew and worked with who were in currently in juvi (it was a never ending cycle despite the best of efforts) are telling mom and dad that they’d beat the two up if they wanted. “NO! We’re trying to teach you all a different way.”

But aside from that one incident that wasn’t even gang member related, we figured our house was one of the safest homes in town.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:38 AM   #1039

I just saw more footage of us trying to leave this craziness .
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:45 AM   #1040

The law enforcement did a great job. Seriously they did with getting everyone out. And getting us back to our car.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:48 AM   #1041
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
100%... and I really have no clue what I'd do if it was up to me next year, because we can talk until we're blue in the face about the inherent risk with such events and how this shit happening once in 4 parades doesn't automatically increase that risk in future events and how you could trip down a flight of stairs and break your neck tomorrow... but then again, this stretches beyond those directly impacted to those running for their lives who witnessed it firsthand, those with kids who saw it happen (much less were shot), their families, etc.
I know I'm way too logical with this stuff, but I really hope nothing changes at all. Does it suck that it happened? Absolutely. But should the world stop holding large events unless metal detectors are involved? Man, that would suck.

I understand the trauma, and if people choose not to go because of it, that's perfectly understandable. But even among those who went, your chances of actually being harmed are incredibly low. They estimated that 1 million people were there (though I'm always skeptical of those estimates), which means that ~0.002% of people who attended were harmed (1 in 50k) and ~0.0002% of people were killed (1 in 500k). Compare that to car crashes, which kill ~40k people per year in the U.S. (1 in 8k).

It's just not that risky in reality even if it is an extremely disconcerting and traumatizing event.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #1042
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedubya View Post
I must say, as horrible as it was, it feels “better” that it was just an idiotic gang related fight, instead of a plotted domestic terrorism event. It could have been MUCH worse, thousands would be dead, otherwise. And that’s scary and probably gave some future asshole some ideas.

Moving forward, all future parades and celebrations will be much different though, unfortunately.
although, National sports media today makes it sound like it was a targeted mass shooting and not a gang conflict today.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #1043
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I know I'm way too logical with this stuff, but I really hope nothing changes at all. Does it suck that it happened? Absolutely. But should the world stop holding large events unless metal detectors are involved? Man, that would suck.

I understand the trauma, and if people choose not to go because of it, that's perfectly understandable. But even among those who went, your chances of actually being harmed are incredibly low. They estimated that 1 million people were there (though I'm always skeptical of those estimates), which means that ~0.002% of people who attended were harmed (1 in 50k) and ~0.0002% of people were killed (1 in 500k). Compare that to car crashes, which kill ~40k people per year in the U.S. (1 in 8k).

It's just not that risky in reality even if it is an extremely disconcerting and traumatizing event.
The only thing I worry about is now that this has happened...there will be even more people conceal carrying at another parade.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #1044
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:

I understand the trauma, and if people choose not to go because of it, that's perfectly understandable. But even among those who went, your chances of actually being harmed are incredibly low. They estimated that 1 million people were there (though I'm always skeptical of those estimates), which means that ~0.002% of people who attended were harmed (1 in 50k) and ~0.0002% of people were killed (1 in 500k). Compare that to car crashes, which kill ~40k people per year in the U.S. (1 in 80k).

Think my worry becomes does this plant a seed in some psycho's mind that they can pull off an assassination easily in this type of environment?

I wish things could stay the same. But I'm not sure how they can. IF something tragic like an assassination were to happen, history would not remember KC's action (or lack thereof) fondly.

We will find out fast. The other leagues are the ones who will have to make a decision first.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #1045
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
although, National sports media today makes it sound like it was a targeted mass shooting and not a gang conflict today.
Because almost no information has come out yet.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #1046
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:

I feel like you should also consider how many championship parades there have been in the last several decades without something like this happening.

One wonders if insurance companies are going to be the ones making the determination of what the city and the team do in the future.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:59 AM   #1047
It was not a fair catch

what will be really sad and sick here is if prosecutors or judges let these people off with no bail.
Or is that just a Minnesota thing?
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:02 AM   #1048
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post

Has it be reported that is was gang related...?
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:03 AM   #1049
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhater View Post
For all of their faults, they do tend to be a pretty loyal bunch. If you’ve some how managed to earn their trust or respect, you might actually be one of the safest people in the community. Back in the mid to late 90’s in southwest New Mexico my family had an outreach program for the at risk and gang kids piggybacked off of a boot camp style program at a family ranch in the mountains. Two of the kids, two brothers who were just punks and not really affiliated with any of the local gangs ran away one day and robbed our house while we were at church one Sunday. They were eventually caught, and some of the actual gang kids we knew and worked with who were in currently in juvi (it was a never ending cycle despite the best of efforts) are telling mom and dad that they’d beat the two up if they wanted. “NO! We’re trying to teach you all a different way.”

But aside from that one incident that wasn’t even gang member related, we figured our house was one of the safest homes in town.
Hell, I financed a car through a biker gang once. I know that sounds crazy, but I swear it's true. Obviously there was no paperwork involved. DC Danny just showed me his Glock and said, "I know you won't miss any payments." Needless to say, I didn't.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:04 AM   #1050
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
The only thing I worry about is now that this has happened...there will be even more people conceal carrying at another parade.
Why would that worry you? Again, those with nefarious intentions will always do what they want to do, others would carry to protect themselves.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.