Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2022, 10:28 AM  
Chiefs

Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:02 AM   #1036
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
He ran a 4.87 40 the summer after his senior yr of HS. He then ran a 4.63 40 at Clemson's pro day. So, no speed isn't something he really ever had.
4.63 on a broken foot. It's reasonable to expect that he would time better on two good feet.

Is he a burner? no.

I don't give a shit about a high school time whatsoever.

I don't give much a shit whether the kid makes it or not, other than I like a good story, so I'm rooting for him, but it's a lottery ticket and not worth getting worked up over.

But at least argue in good faith. You KNOW he ran on a broken foot, you KNOW that Veach and Reid at least thought he was worth taking a flier on, and medically red-shirting for a year, so there's SOMETHING there they thought was at least worth the effort and patience they've shown so far.

So the argument that he's a slow, not-of-NFL-caliber-athlete stuff is nonsense.

Really smart football minds that have won a couple of Super Bowls think otherwise.

I'm not saying anything at all other than it's going to be an interesting pre-season situation to watch.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:06 AM   #1037
MVP

Sometimes I just think you guys are bored so you HAVE to create conflict.

We've been to 5 straight AFCCG's, 3 Super Bowls, and won two in the last five years.

These guys know what they're doing in ways that few people ever have.

Why can't we just enjoy it, and root for the longshot kids to make it? Why can't we just get excited for the new group of stars like the three high investment WR's to show out?

Why's it got to be all gloom-and-doom?

You KNOW it's not going to go down that way.

You KNOW we're going to be right there at the end, as good as anyone with a chance to win it all.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:12 AM   #1038
In Search of a Life

I don't think it's doom and gloom to say it's unlikely that an UDFA does much in the league until proven otherwise.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 07:17 AM   #1039
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't think it's doom and gloom to say it's unlikely that an UDFA does much in the league until proven otherwise.
No, I was speaking more to the idea that we're screwed if we don't sign Hopkins.

It's a young WR room, but there's no reason to assume they can't play the bigger roles that we'll need them to. But some people here on CP make it sound like we have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

I promise you, that's not how this plays out.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:47 AM   #1040
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Watson can return kicks. Ross can't. Watson has vertical speed. Ross doesn't.

These are different kinda guys here, and Watson brings more as a WR6 than Ross does, theoretically.

Ross is really going to have to be special.

And i can't imagine the Chiefs carrying 7 WRs.
At this point it sounds like kickoffs all you need to be able to do is raise your arm and signal a fair catch. Starting 25 probably is a better average outcome.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-02-2023, 07:55 AM   #1041
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
No, I was speaking more to the idea that we're screwed if we don't sign Hopkins.

It's a young WR room, but there's no reason to assume they can't play the bigger roles that we'll need them to. But some people here on CP make it sound like we have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

I promise you, that's not how this plays out.
If Hopkins wants to come here for an incentive laden deal and rehab some value, sure, all hands on deck.

Other than that they'll play the young guys and move ahead.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:17 AM   #1042
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
At this point it sounds like kickoffs all you need to be able to do is raise your arm and signal a fair catch. Starting 25 probably is a better average outcome.
With our offense, we should take the ball at the 25. Does our offense need another 15 yards or it cant score?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:18 AM   #1043
Supporter

Every year on Moving the chains on Sirius NFL Network, they rank each team's position groups. Best score is 20 points. Last year, they gave the Chiefs a 15 because we didn't have a true number one receiver. They talked about all of the catches, yards, and TDs that were lost with players leaving and didn't see where that production was going to come from. Of course, we all know how that worked out. Mahomes won MVP and the Superbowl. Looks like the Chiefs replaced that production just fine. So, what did they do this year? Same score of 15. The Chiefs lost the production of Hardman and JuJu. Where is that production going to come from? SMH. I was more worried last year about losing Hill and only returning Hardman. But this year, we're returning MVS, Toney, Watson, and Moore. Plus we've added James and Rice. The depth is the best that we've ever had at the position. Yeah, we don't have a for sure number one. We hope that Toney can fill that position and stay healthy. But if he doesn't, Mahomes will get the ball to whoever is open and we'll be fine.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #1044
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If Hopkins wants to come here for an incentive laden deal and rehab some value, sure, all hands on deck.

Other than that they'll play the young guys and move ahead.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:02 AM   #1045
MVP

Quote:
This is Tee Higgins.
I believe he was thinking of this play. Also 3rd down, also a 70+ yard TD

saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:05 AM   #1046
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I believe he was thinking of this play. Also 3rd down, also a 70+ yard TD

Perfect example of a play you can't glean shit from.

I guess if you wanna go Knomo level homer you could say Ross was so damn strong he literally broke the DB that tried pressing him?

I know i sound like a hater, im not tryna hate.

Just keepin' it real.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #1047
MVP

By the way, the play I posted he both created his own separation at the point of attack AND outran the defenders.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #1048
MVP

Quote:
Perfect example of a play you can't glean shit from.

I guess if you wanna go Knomo level homer you could say Ross was so damn strong he literally broke the DB that tried pressing him?

I know i sound like a hater, im not tryna hate.

Just keepin' it real.
You're not keeping it real. You're rooting for your prediction.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:12 AM   #1049

Quote:
By the way, the play I posted he both created his own separation at the point of attack AND outran the defenders.
Lol.

The DB fell down. He had no one around him but wide open space. Created separation?

Because the DB fell down and looks to have injured himself when he pressed at the LoS? That's "Creating" to you?

Outran who? No one was around him. #21 ran himself INTO the picture after being way out of position to make a play there.

What are you talking about.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #1050

Quote:
You're not keeping it real. You're rooting for your prediction.
What prediction is that exactly?

That i'll believe it when i see it?

Quote:

Look, im not DOWN on him, but i certainly have some questions, because his college stuff didn't show many NFL caliber plays, stats be damned. I'm in the, "I'll believe it when i see it" camp.