Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM  
"Think BOOM!"

Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #1036
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
You will never know, for he hast been banished from the thread
Whichever mod that did that should undo that action and apologize.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #1037
Captain Kick Ass

I've been electric for close to 2 years now and the car spits out a ton of data.

Old car - Ford Edge Sport that averaged 17mpg over 3 years. At $3.00 gallon it cost $.17/mile to operate.

New car - Tesla Model Y that averages 285/Kw/mile or 3.5 kWh/mile. The car charges at the cheapest rates (12:00am - 6:00am) at $.035/kWh, which is $.01/mile to operate.

With 12,000/year that is $1920 in savings.
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:16 PM   #1038
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey View Post
I've been electric for close to 2 years now and the car spits out a ton of data.

Old car - Ford Edge Sport that averaged 17mpg over 3 years. At $3.00 gallon it cost $.17/mile to operate.

New car - Tesla Model Y that averages 285/Kw/mile or 3.5 kWh/mile. The car charges at the cheapest rates (12:00am - 6:00am) at $.035/kWh, which is $.01/mile to operate.

Model Y starts at $59k. So with the savings over just getting a standard gas vehicle in the mid 30's, you'll get your money back in 10+ years, with the average length of ownership being 6 years. And then you have the higher insurance costs for a luxury vehicle and god forbid some shit goes wrong with your batteries and you get slapped with a $16k bill.

Might make sense to buy a Tesla if you are comparing luxury vs luxury depending on the vehicle, but **** me it just doesn't pay to buy one right now, imo. Pretty expensive car to drive around town in, because if you are taking long trips with it you are adding significant travel time into your schedule to recharge the thing and get like 200 miles less range than a tank of gas that is filled up in a couple minutes.

Last edited by jd1020; 02-27-2022 at 12:38 PM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:48 PM   #1039
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey View Post

How much did the Tesla cost? The Edge?
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 02-28-2022, 11:28 AM   #1040
Captain Kick Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
How much did the Tesla cost? The Edge?
I'm guessing a bit here but the Edge was probably around $38k and the Y was low $50's when we bought it.

I should note that we didn't buy it in order to save on gas. I was just supplying the math.

We wanted it because it's super fast/fun to drive. Self-driving sounded cool and has been way more helpful than I previously imagined. Charging at home is super convenient. No real maintenance outside of tire rotations and cabin filter.
jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.jiveturkey would the whole thing.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #1041
Cheat Death

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:59 AM   #1042
'Tis my eye!

I think I'm going to buy a Nissan Leaf.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:12 AM   #1043
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnbs010 View Post
$3.85 was the cheapest i can find, oregon
I filled up at $3.17 Sunday because I figure it will get worse before it gets better.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:20 AM   #1044
My work speaks for itself!!!

5.18 for premium here in commiefornia......

ouch.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:37 AM   #1045
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I think I'm going to buy a Nissan Leaf.
Let me know if you have any questions about them. They're nice little cars for just driving around town, and they're damn cheap as EVs go. It's a little small for me (it's really my wife's car), but other than that no complaints.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #1046
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
5.18 for premium here in commiefornia......

ouch.
Yeah, 87 Octane has been in the 4.50+ area for awhile and will probably soon be over $5.

50 cents of that price is a tax.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #1047
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Its about to get much worse because domestic production is taking a hit right now because of lease sales being tied up in court.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #1048
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Let me know if you have any questions about them. They're nice little cars for just driving around town, and they're damn cheap as EVs go. It's a little small for me (it's really my wife's car), but other than that no complaints.
Our "other" vehicle is an Infiniti QX80 because it has loads of space and can tow our camper.

So "small" and cheap is what we'd be looking for, in contrast.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #1049
"Think BOOM!"

WTI pushed through $100 yesterday. Got as high as $106.78 per barrel and closed at at $103.41. 8.3% gain.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:52 AM   #1050
MVP

I don't even look at gas prices any more. I have no individual control over it so I am not going to invite even the smallest amount of stress over a few dollars here or there.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote