Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2022, 07:06 PM   #2
www.nfl-forecast.com

Well, the 27-0 was a little misleading. We got a couple of easy scores on the flip pass to McKinnon and the Gay INT.

Denver has a good defense. They had the right schemes in the secondary to jump the 10 yard passes. Andy needed to mix in some different passing concepts once he saw they were going to emphasize stopping those.

The defense did not play as bad as it appeared. The Chiefs forced 7 punts, had 6 sacks, and forced 2 interceptions. The Broncos running game was essentially Wilson's scrambles. Without Wilson, they rushed for 49 yards at an average of 3.3 yards per carry. The Broncos were fortunate to string their good plays together when they counted, to score 28 points.

Just one of those games, and I'm pleased with the Chiefs' win.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
pie is never free

Pat was off tonight in some ways, but that second pick was lucky garbage... take that one away and things look much better
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:10 PM   #4
MVP

Liver is full of iron!
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:13 PM   #5
Please squeeze

Also only 2 of Mahomes INT's resulted in scores.

On both of those INT's Donkeys had to drive 42 yds and 60 yds to score. I am willing to concede at least one of these drives to a TD but they could have stopped or held to a FG on one of them.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:17 PM   #6

I think it's really that just they lost focus on both sides of the ball once they got up big. That shouldn't happen but it did. Had a stretch where the defense went to sleep and Mahomes was making some really poor decisions to put the defense right back on the field. There was a stretch at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd where we had 3-4 straight drives that were under 2 minutes long.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:19 PM   #7
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I think it's really that just they lost focus on both sides of the ball once they got up big. That shouldn't happen but it did. Had a stretch where the defense went to sleep and Mahomes was making some really poor decisions to put the defense right back on the field. There was a stretch at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd where we had 3-4 straight drives that were under 2 minutes long.
I don't hate running the ball on 3rd and 1 (with a non-fullback).
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:21 PM   #8
MVP

Happy feet and bad decision making from Mahomes, plus terrible situational play calling equals a defense on the field too much.

Crazy that we’re 10-3 with a negative 6 turnover differential.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:45 PM   #9
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Happy feet and bad decision making from Mahomes, plus terrible situational play calling equals a defense on the field too much.

Crazy that we’re 10-3 with a negative 6 turnover differential.

That really has to be a record.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:26 PM   #10
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
From 27-0, to.... that.

In a few weeks, nobody is really going to care what the game looked like, only that we got the W.

But for tonight, and for the next few days, I want to know what changed between 27-0 and the end.
They got bored and let up. Simple as that. It drives me crazy. They need to stomp on teams and take away all hope.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:42 PM   #11
Suupraa Geniuuusss

It's almost never a good idea to try and analyze anything, much less a football game (without the A-22), right afterwards. Should probably take a day or two first.

But obviously the 3 INTs hurt a lot. Not as much as if DEN had a competent offense, but still gave up points on short fields. I'll go ahead and just throw those INTs in with just sloppy play from the offense.

Ditto the defense. At first they were fine, if not great. They were getting stops and making plays, which is how we had a 21-0 lead to begin with. Then somehow things got wonky.

The third thing you can't really do anything about, and that's 'lucky bounces.' Sometimes the ball just bounces right for one team and not the other.

When DEN's backup goofed the snap and the ball was on the ground just sitting there for a second, then someone kicked it, and somehow KC still didn't come up with that ball, I just threw up my hands, and thought, "it's just one of those damn weirdo days."

And there were just several plays like that, such as the tip drill with DEN's TE. How that ball ends up back in his hands and becomes a catch I don't know. But shit happens.

And really the weirdo shit began with the TNF game. That game was just wild with crazy improbable plays and events. And every year it seems like there's one weekend where everything goes sideways. Like when NE used to be rolling and then somehow they get jacked by BUF, who were 3-9 or whatever going into the game. Or MIA when they would somehow do the same thing to NE, and MIA would be like 2-10 going in.

It's just that there's always a weekend when everything gets turned upside down for no real reason.

I'm hoping that's what happened today, and that it will be gone by next weekend. Don't need to go through this with HOU next Sunday.

Anyway, I'm over it. Going to have my victory scotch and watch a movie.

Go Chiefs

Last edited by Megatron96; 12-11-2022 at 07:51 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #12
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
It's almost never a good idea to try and analyze anything, much less a football game (without the A-22), right afterwards. Should probably take a day or two first.

But obviously the 3 INTs hurt a lot. Not as much as if DEN had a competent offense, but still gave up points on short fields. I'll go ahead and just throw those INTs in with just sloppy play from the offense.

Ditto the defense. At first they were fine, if not great. They were getting stops and making plays, which is how we had a 21-0 lead to begin with. Then somehow things got wonky.

The third thing you can't really do anything about, and that's 'lucky bounces.' Sometimes the ball just bounces right for one team and not the other.

When DEN's backup goofed the snap and the ball was on the ground just sitting there for a second, then someone kicked it, and somehow KC still didn't come up with that ball, I just threw up my hands, and thought, "it's just one of those damn weirdo days."

And there were just several plays like that, such as the tip drill with DEN's TE. How that ball ends up back in his hands and becomes a catch I don't know. But shit happens.

And really the weirdo shit began with the TNF game. That game was just wild with crazy improbable plays and events. And every year it seems like there's one weekend where everything goes sideways. Like when NE used to be rolling and then somehow they get jacked by BUF, who were 3-9 or whatever going into the game. Or MIA when they would somehow do the same thing to NE, and MIA would be like 2-10 going in.

It's just that there's always a weekend when everything gets turned upside down for no real reason.

I'm hoping that's what happened today, and that it will be gone by next weekend. Don't need to go through this with HOU next Sunday.

Anyway, I'm over it. Going to have my victory scotch and watch a movie.

Go Chiefs
I think after the way they played Dallas today that won't happen.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #13
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
It's almost never a good idea to try and analyze anything, much less a football game (without the A-22)...
LOL...I stopped here. Do you seriously watch the 'A-22' and believe you have ANY clue as to what is going on? LOL. Funniest thing Ive read here in a long time.

Unless you know the play called or coverage, you have no clue what you're looking at. But hey, enjoy. Break that shit down for us.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #14
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
LOL...I stopped here. Do you seriously watch the 'A-22' and believe you have ANY clue as to what is going on? LOL. Funniest thing Ive read here in a long time.

Unless you know the play called or coverage, you have no clue what you're looking at. But hey, enjoy. Break that shit down for us.
No, I don't. Lol, never said I could. But I, or almost anyone really, can see if guys are just flat blanketed or not. I'll let the professionals break down film, and tell me why they were blanketed like that, which is why I end up referencing Kurt Warner or JT O'Sullivan a lot when i do try to get technical about football from the QB's POV.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
From 27-0, to.... that.

In a few weeks, nobody is really going to care what the game looked like, only that we got the W.

But for tonight, and for the next few days, I want to know what changed between 27-0 and the end.
Same thing that happened in the AFCCG last year.
Took the foot off the gas pedal.
Lack of ability to run the ball and burn the clock.
StumplifterMN is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.