Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2019, 10:04 AM  
Life is changing..

Jury Duty

I've been selected for Jury Duty! Hooray!

Is there any way to know if I'll actually have to report besides calling the hotline number the night before?

I ask because I have quite the busy week at work next week, and it would be very beneficial to know if I'm going to need to report or not. (Those nuggets at McDonald's aren't going to fry themselves!!)

My online research has failed me.

Any help appreciated.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #91
Meow

Show up to jury selection naked. If anyone says anything you tell them you thought you had to wear a suit to court and this is the only one you have.
CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.CrazyPhuD 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #92
MVP

Bring a stuffed beaver, that’s always a crowd pleaser.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #93
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
The prosecutor was very young and seemed far less experienced than the defense attorney, which definitely helped the defendant’s case. He ended up getting a plea deal and got off with time served shortly after we started deliberations. There was video and audio evidence showing him printing the money and explaining in detail how the printing process worked and what he was going to do with the money, along the with the phony money and other physical evidence that was seized. It should have been a clear cut case, but half of the jurors still wanted to let him off.
Yeah, the counterfeiter probably had the scratch to hire a top notch criminal defense attorney.

Just the way it goes.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Tell them you have - Nausea+heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach..................

Diarrheaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..
Can never get enough of this amateur vocal version you posted

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1A29L7VWEQ3
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-15-2019, 06:57 AM   #95
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
The prosecutor was very young and seemed far less experienced than the defense attorney, which definitely helped the defendant’s case. He ended up getting a plea deal and got off with time served shortly after we started deliberations. There was video and audio evidence showing him printing the money and explaining in detail how the printing process worked and what he was going to do with the money, along the with the phony money and other physical evidence that was seized. It should have been a clear cut case, but half of the jurors still wanted to let him off.
Wtf, why did they want to let him free?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #96
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Wtf, why did they want to let him free?
A few of them were saying that there wasn’t enough proof and the videos/audios didn’t prove anything. Some of the videos didn’t give a perfectly clear shot of his face, but there was no mistaking it was him. It just seemed like the other jurors had an attitude because they got selected for jury duty. The defendant didn’t testify and his defense was that the CI’s (two women) coerced the evidence out of him by promising him sexual favors. There was no evidence of that, and these women were some of the ugliest women I’ve ever seen in my life. The defense basically just attacked the character of the CI’s, because they not had prior criminal records and never addressed the physical evidence. He had been in jail for almost 3 years waiting on this trial and ended up getting time served while we were deliberating. Apparently you can’t use counterfeit money to pay for your bail money.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #97
union paraplegic organizer

I thought about wearing one of those masks you always see Asians wearing, lol?
rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.rtmike Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #98
Life is changing..

Son of a bitch. I rescheduled for tomorrow and now I'm going to have to report.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #99
Life is changing..

I'm 1 out of 120 that has to report. What should I expect from this?
Old 01-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
At first, you will be sitting around a lot. In a big waiting room type area. If they call your number, you will be ushered into the Court Room. The Judge, Prosecution and Defense will be there...Most likely the accused will be sitting with the defense attorney.

They will ask each potential juror a set of simple questions (yes, you will have to answer them in front of everybody) and they will begin the jury selection process.

Last time, about 2 years ago, I was selected for a criminal trial, but I was released because it was a felony car accident, and I'm a radio traffic and news reporter. The Defense Attorney wanted nothing to do with me.

I just got a summons for Federal Jury Service at the end of the month. United States District Court. That will be interesting.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #101
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Varies a bit by your jurisdiction. Around here, they often have you watch a video to tell you how important jury duty is, then you'll hear a bit about the case and go through a process where they ask everyone questions to figure out if they want you on the jury or not. If not, you go home (and seems like it's around half or maybe even more who go home).

If you get selected, the experience will vary wildly based on the case. Some of them can be resolved in an afternoon. Rarely, they take months. I'd guess most are in the 2-3 days range.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #102
Court Jester

Quote:
If/when they call you back, you’ll get some standard questions to see if you will or won’t be biased towards the case. They asked me if I knew the defendant, how I felt about the police, what I did for a living, how I felt about the particular crime, and some other basics questions. I answered every pretty neutral and ended up getting selected. A lot of people will be trying to get out of jury duty that are there with you.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:50 PM   #103
Fish are scared of me

I just tell them "Those boars aren't gonna jerk themselves" and they say dismissed.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #104
Life is changing..

I did some research and learned this is a sodomy case... It's the only jury trial scheduled for my district tomorrow
Old 01-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #105
Custom User Title

Quote:
I did some research and learned this is a sodomy case... It's the only jury trial scheduled for my district tomorrow
Anal or Oral?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.