Grizzly Bear 74 79.57%
Gorilla 18 19.35%
Gaz 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2024, 12:48 PM   #2
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I saw a video online of an elephant and a rhino having a standoff. It ended with the elephant getting the rhino sideways, then goring it in the stomach and lifting the rhino off the ground with its tusks like a forklift. The rhino limped off, but probably died.

The rhino had zero chance in the fight from what I saw. The elephant was much bigger and much smarter.
This is one of my favorite videos to show that not single animal on Earth even dares to **** with fully grown elephants.

Hippos are massive and insanely aggressive/territorial yet they climb over each other trying to get out of the way of this elephant lol

ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:46 AM   #3
Supporter

I’m not sure I’d take a gorilla over a black bear.

Grizzly waxed gorilla all over the floor.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:48 PM   #4
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’m not sure I’d take a gorilla over a black bear.

Grizzly waxed gorilla all over the floor.
Now that one might actually be an interesting fight.

I don't think black bears have near the aggression of a grizzly. So I think I might take the Gorilla. A big black bear is probably about the same size as a big silverback; 500 or so pounds. A black may get a little bigger than that (probably 600 tops) but there's not the massive size disparity with the black that there is with the griz.

And from anything I've ever seen, they just aren't as mean. Friggen grizzly's are nasty bastards when they're mad.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 06:12 AM   #5
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Now that one might actually be an interesting fight.

I don't think black bears have near the aggression of a grizzly. So I think I might take the Gorilla. A big black bear is probably about the same size as a big silverback; 500 or so pounds. A black may get a little bigger than that (probably 600 tops) but there's not the massive size disparity with the black that there is with the griz.

And from anything I've ever seen, they just aren't as mean. Friggen grizzly's are nasty bastards when they're mad.
I think a gorilla and a black bear would just keep running away from each other.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:08 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
I think a gorilla and a black bear would just keep running away from each other.
Yeah, other than the weight advantage, which some consider a factor while others like me try to normalize and compare animals of roughly the same weight - the other big missing detail in this is motivation. Why are they fighting each other?

If a gorilla is trying to protect his troop, he's going to be very motivated. But the grizzly, not seeing gorillas as normal prey, will probably just try to look elsewhere for a meal. And the bear is never going to see the gorilla as a rival male competing for mates.

So you kind of have to confine them to a cage or something. In that case I think the bear has an advantage, because the gorilla's nimbleness is negated.

Otherwise there's really no realistic scenario where they both want to fight each other.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 02:08 AM   #7
Veteran

Hmm how bout we put chain mail on the gorilla?
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Hmm how bout we put chain mail on the gorilla?
This is a hilarious visual but chain mail won’t protect the gorilla from blunt force trauma
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:03 PM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
This is a hilarious visual but chain mail won’t protect the gorilla from blunt force trauma
BUT maybe protect it enough from the claws? Again, you could always declaw the bear and see what happens haha
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
I think the only way this works is by the gorilla getting two hands on the grizzly bear's jaw and breaking it, which is a common primate tactic. Tear off the hands, tear off the jaw.

Hands aren't coming off, so if the gorilla goes for the jaw, it might have a chance. Claws are a big issue.
What primates do that? Sounds like a terrible idea to put your soft, relatively weak fingers in the mouth of a beast with razor sharp teeth and 1,000-pound bite force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
BUT maybe protect it enough from the claws? Again, you could always declaw the bear and see what happens haha
Yeah, chain mail is super effective at stopping slashing type of damage. Slightly off topic but a samurai would have a really tough time with a medieval knight for that very reason.

IIRC, it does very little to stop stabbing or blunt force damage though.

Declawing the bear and giving the gorilla would be funny but it’s still kinda like a 5-year old in a suit of armor vs a grown man with a hammer lol
Old 06-20-2024, 09:00 AM   #11
MVP

The gorilla is moving that 500lbs in ways a grizzly doesn't. I think the Gorilla is stronger with more functional strength and I'll die on this hill.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:42 PM   #12
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
The gorilla is moving that 500lbs in ways a grizzly doesn't. I think the Gorilla is stronger with more functional strength and I'll die on this hill.
Yes you will die on that hill, same as the gorilla
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 01:25 PM   #13
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Gorillas are strong. But those grizzly claws are gonna end shit real quick in how I picture it playing out
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:55 PM   #14
My work speaks for itself!!!

someone get ahold of Michael Vick, so he can set this up and settle the argument, once and for all!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:56 PM   #15
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I mean c'mon - ain't no way a Gorilla's standing up to this kind of ferocity...

"It'll just tear the bears arm's off...."

Uh...no. Not happening.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.