Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2021, 09:02 PM  
MVP

Can we all agree now, that the myth that Reid can scheme around anything is bullshit?

The injuries of the offensive line, in the end, were just too much. Even for Mahomes.

They ran a Tampa 2 to take away the big plays, and we couldn't pass block, and we couldn't run the ball consistently.

You still have to block. No matter what playmakers you have.

And defensively, the defensive front 7 is need of an infusion of talent too.

The Chiefs need another force up front. Maybe Gay is the upgrade at LB, maybe we need another.

But I don't want to hear any more horseshit about how we shouldn't spend draft resources on the offensive line.

Even Mahomes is still human. Exceptional, yes. But human.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #91
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Even Mahomes is still human. Exceptional, yes. But human.
Yes!!!! Mahomes can't do "Mahomes" things if he's running for his life!
otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.otherstar wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #92
MVP

Sober me this morning is less frustrated and more philosophical.

I think, in the end, this will end up being a positive. I seriously doubt Veach and Reid will fail to address the failures, and I think the team returns HUNGRY. There were times this season where they were a little unfocused and running on cruise control. I expect in 2021 they're going to play ANGRY.

Now, let's go get another pass rushing DE, an OT, a G/C, and WR in this draft.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #93
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
It was so weird. We knew we were weak at O-Line. Where were the Jet Sweeps? Where were the screens? The rollouts? Hell, where were the adjustments?

Just such an odd game. It's been so long since I've seen Andy Reid get out-coached this badly. Something so fishy about it.
Yes, I agree. This game seemed odd as hell.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #94
Fish are scared of me

Just a combination of things coming together against us

1) Backup OL
2)Mahomes toe
3)Britt Reid
4)Poor reffing
5)Bucs D playing lights out
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #95
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Just a combination of things coming together against us

1) Backup OL
2)Mahomes toe
3)Britt Reid
4)Poor reffing
5)Bucs D playing lights out
I know we are focused on the Chiefs but you have to credit Tampa who played with abandon. Lavonte David was incredible.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #96
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

I think, in the end, this will end up being a positive. I seriously doubt Veach and Reid will fail to address the failures, and I think the team returns HUNGRY. There were times this season where they were a little unfocused and running on cruise control. I expect in 2021 they're going to play ANGRY.

I want Wylie off this ****ing team. I’ve yet to see a game where he consistently plays well. Dude isn’t even worth whatever the RFA tender is.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #97
pie is never free

Quote:

Yeah a good nights sleep has calmed me down as well, and I agree with all of this

But as good as Veach as been with the offseason moves, he's gonna have to outdo himself this year... the roster that looked so loaded on paper to start the year really fell apart down the stretch, we got a lotta fixing to do
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:57 AM   #98
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I know we are focused on the Chiefs but you have to credit Tampa who played with abandon. Lavonte David was incredible.
They sure did. I refuse to be down about this loss. I'm just happy as hell we have a great team and have been to 3 AFCCG's in a row and back to back SB's and knowing we'll be right there again next year. Life is good as a Chiefs fan!

Oh , and **** Dee Ford!
Old 02-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady View Post
Absolutely spot on.

For a guy who seems pretty straitlaced, how in the world did Andy Reid wind up with not just one but 2 kids, both sons, who were/are total druggy drunken white trash criminal thugs?!!! seriously....how does that happen??!!!!! I could maybe see having one kid that is a black sheep, but BOTH sons?!?
DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.DinoHackett is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #100
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
That shit is crazy... “hoping for more man”... you don’t gameplan based on “hope”.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #101
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoHackett View Post
For a guy who seems pretty straitlaced, how in the world did Andy Reid wind up with not just one but 2 kids, both sons, who were/are total druggy drunken white trash criminal thugs?!!! seriously....how does that happen??!!!!! I could maybe see having one kid that is a black sheep, but BOTH sons?!?
white trash? c'mon now.

Working 18 hours a day.

something's gotta give.

That said, Britt is still responsible for his own choices and actions.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #102
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
If the Chiefs prepared for the Bucs to play more man defense in the secondary, then it was a total fail on the Chiefs coaching staff and their game planning.

Why on earth would you expect them to play man when the Chiefs torched them in the regular season against man coverage? No one in their right mind would have expected Tampa Bay to play anything but cover 2 zone. If they could get a pass rush with their front four then there was no doubt they would stay in zone.

They did. And they did.

If Kansas City game planned for man coverage last night.......then it was very, very, very foolish! Not just kind of foolish. Stupidly foolish!
theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.theoldcoach is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I kind of get what you're saying but at the same time this ain't it.

You can't plan around two OL opting out then three starting OL missing out. Reid made it work really really well with all that until fisher went out. So yeah there is obviously a point where the talent bites it so hard even a genius like Andy can't overcome. But if you get upset about a team whose backups don't perform in a super bowl I think youre reaching.

Our starters would have annihilated Tampa. Our banged up starters WITH Eric Fisher would have been in this.
Naw, I don’t see it. Starters would’ve gotten abused too.
Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
^this^ they kept us in it the first half despite some God awful calls, and a ****ing punter who sucks dick...
This game was over at half time. KC was never in contention.
Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Dbag < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #105
MVP

In hindsight, more running plays, WR screens, and short passes would have helped. That's all the defense gave them. Take what they give you and force them to concede something later.

However, Tampa had the short stuff covered pretty well. We know the Chiefs can't run for crap even with the starting OL. Also, screen passes all involve good movement together by a cohesive OL unit. There was no gameplan for scoring many points yesterday offensively.

Their only hope of scoring over 30 would have been from turnovers, special teams, or penalties against Tampa. None of that happened either.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.