Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2019, 12:40 PM  
In Search of a Life

Tell me about some of your fave ‘Yacht Rock’ songs or bands

Been digging on some Yacht Rock lately. Was a little to young to appreciate it back in the day. What are some of your faves?

Stuff like:

Michael McDonald.
Christopher Cross.
Steely Dan.
Loggins & Messina.
The Doobie Brothers.
Kenny Loggins.
Hall & Oates.
Toto.

Etc.....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #91
a haw haw haw

Don't know I'd classify it yacht rock but IMO great song when at the lake and kicked back.

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I first heard the term via SiriusXM, it was channel 4, then 70, now it's online only.
It's now 311, which I thought was online only, but I tried it in my car last night and it was there, too. I hadn't realized my car radio went that high.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #93
Go Beavers!

Al Stewart "Year of the Cat" was one of the very first albums I bought myself when I was a kid. I still really like that album along with "Time Passages", though I don't care for his other music all that much.

Still love this song:

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
It's now 311, which I thought was online only, but I tried it in my car last night and it was there, too. I hadn't realized my car radio went that high.
I just checked my home radio and 311 was unavailable on it. The home radio has an XM Select subscription, while my car has SiriusXM All Access, so I guess that's the difference.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #95
I could of gone pro

I have a smart TV and a killer 5.1 surround sound, so with Youtube I have about 9,000 videos saved into about 40 different folders. I had bought about 300 concert DVD's until 2011 when I discovered this free library of music. One of my favorite chapters is "Now & Then" when I put an old video of a band and a current video back-to-back. Here are some current videos. There are hundreds of current videos of artist, just do a search because for many this is their main source of income is to get out and tour.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #96
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Al Stewart "Year of the Cat" was one of the very first albums I bought myself when I was a kid. I still really like that album along with "Time Passages", though I don't care for his other music all that much.

Still love this song:

Great call I'm also a big fan of Song On The Radio.
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #97
Fight, build, win!

I would listen to mott the hoople on a boat anyday.

If I had a big old old honkin yacht id blast Frankenstein to let everyone know get the **** outta my way while pushin wakes.

If im on a yacht I gonna listen to some Ramones yacht music or not

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #98
a.k.a. Lenny

Most of the stuff posted sounds like American Top 40 by Casey Kasem every Sunday.
Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Boon must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #99
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Still love this song:

Year of the Cat is one of my favorite songs from the 70s. Amazing in every way.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #100
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I’m a huge Eric Carmen fan.
He was even better when we was in The Raspberries.

My fave YachtRock jams :

Late 60s/Early 70s Beach Boys ("Never Learn Not to Love", "Sail On, Sailor", duh)

Early/Mid 70s Fleetwood Mac with Bob Welch ("Future Games", "Sentimental Lady", "Emerald Eyes", "Why?", "Hypnotized", "Spare Me A Little of Your Love")
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #101
Go Beavers!

Are The Babys yacht rock? That was a band I liked back in jr high school and still have a couple of their albums in my music collection.

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #102
On one quarter

Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:55 PM   #103
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I remember when it was hip to be square

Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #104
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:

Still love this song:

Al Stewart is excellent, the historical research he does on many of his songs is impressive.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #105
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Are The Babys yacht rock? That was a band I liked back in jr high school and still have a couple of their albums in my music collection.

See the guy in the top left of your video cover, that's keyboardist Jonathan Cain. I saw the Babys open for Journey in 1980 and they were fantastic, always liked John Waite's vocals, he had a solo hit in '84 Missing You. Journey had Gregg Rolie on keyboards and he along with guitarist Neil Schon founded Journey when they both split from Santana. All the early Santana hits were sung by Gregg Rolie, "Black Magic Woman" to name one. In '81 Gregg quit Jorney because he thought they were becoming too pop, so guess who Journey asked to join them, Jonathan Cain who had just toured with them in the Babys the year before.

Gregg Rolie with Journey

Jonathan Cain from the Babys to Journey

Here's a good Babys yacht rock song, "Everytime I think of You"

Here's John Waite doing Missing You live this year in St. Louis

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli