Woodyard 6 5.31%
Smokehouse 5 4.42%
My Mom's house 5 4.42%
Gaz's house 3 2.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2023, 11:03 AM  
The Lurkiest

KC Bbq Tour

It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:12 AM   #91
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
How do you know you're getting decent bbq when you limit like that. I know you are happy with what you are eating and makes you happy but are you never curious if you are missing something?

I live in the Northland but as a in town land surveyor whose office was in midtown and worked all over greater KC and out of so-called towns all over Missouri and Kansas. Well I will just say I discovered things. When we branched out and I joined the pipeline circuit I discovered places all over the country. I love a lot of types of food but realize we are pretty lucky in Missouri and Kansas with the variety.
I mean, I grew up in Platte City. Hell, I knew Scott’s wife and her family and knew 2 of the dudes he started his first BBQ team with. I’ve definitely been there and I will again next time I fly out in the morning/afternoon on a weekday. I’m just not prioritizing it. Normally if I’m in the northland it’s a weekend and I’m getting either In-a-Tub or LC’s Hamburgers. I’ve been known to stop in at Hayes as well.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 10:00 AM   #92
Be Kind To Your Pets

I work at 7th and Minnesota in KCK and we bring in Slap's often. It's very good. Pricey, but good. You can rag on Gates, but they still make some of the best sauce in the world. Joe's KC's ribs are about as good as you can do. A couple sleepers here are Rosedale BBQ -great value- and LC's BBQ LC's is a true authentic BBQ joint pit. Inside is greasy; help is surely, brisket is a bit fatty, but it's the real deal. Another one not mentioned is Danny Edwards's BBQ on Southwest Blvd. It's not open for dinner. The original was located downtown where the Sprint Center is now. The famous "eat it and beat it" BBQ shack. Everything they make is top notch. Tourists like Q39 and Jack Stack because the presentation is much nicer. Food is good at both, but is overpriced. You really can't go wrong wherever you go in KC. It's all better than most anywhere else in the USA
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 10:17 AM   #93
Supporter

I'd also like to mention Brobecks at 107th and Roe.

They of course have all the traditional BBQ meats, but they also have a smoked ham salad that is aces. Going to a BBQ place for a ham salad sandwich is strange, but if you like ham salad, this is the place.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:00 AM   #94
Veteran

I'm going to give a shout out to F325 next to Chicken n' Pickle in North KC. They've got some damn good BBQ. If you go, try the Whiskey Sweet Potato Casserole as a side. You'll thank me later!

There's also HawgJaw BBQ at the far south end of Swift. They are good, but the meat always seems really salty. Not bad if you've been drinking beforehand.

Smokin' Guns used to be in the area but closed. As someone else mentioned, they were pretty inconsistent and deserved their fate at the end.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:13 AM   #95
Veteran

Used to love Slaps. However, the last few times I went, it was lacking. The meat didn’t have that usual char and smokiness. Also, their beans are overly sweet. That’s coming from someone who likes sweeter beans.

Joe’s for ribs, sandwiches, and fries.

Right now, it’s Wolfpack for me. It’s been top notch every time.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:11 PM   #96
Supreme Commander of My House

Reporting live from brobecks, first time here, burnt ends are pretty tasty!
cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:37 PM   #97

I'm coming for the game as well, any chance at all to be able to grab some bbq after I land? I get in at 8:30 on Friday, and have to grab luggage and a car. Pretty late I know but thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Chris
TecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-07-2023, 12:40 PM   #98
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecCrash View Post
I'm coming for the game as well, any chance at all to be able to grab some bbq after I land? I get in at 8:30 on Friday, and have to grab luggage and a car. Pretty late I know but thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Chris
Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is your closest option that’s open until 10. It’s a real deal restaurant and it’s not my personal favorite but it will satisfy your urge and realistically be your only option with that timeline.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is your closest option that’s open until 10. It’s a real deal restaurant and it’s not my personal favorite but it will satisfy your urge and realistically be your only option with that timeline.
Thanks that might work, it's on the way to Airbnb, now if there is a liquor store next door we would have it made!

Thanks!

Chris
TecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTecCrash is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-07-2023, 06:37 PM   #100
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Thanks that might work, it's on the way to Airbnb, now if there is a liquor store next door we would have it made!

Thanks!

Chris
20 year member. Three total posts. Two posts in this thread.

Wild!

Delano
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-07-2023, 09:02 PM   #101
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
Right now, it’s Wolfpack for me. It’s been top notch every time.
Oh yeah, forgot about those guys! I ate there quite a bit when they were inside of Callsign. They made their own pickles that were out of this world. I heard they moved, but never followed up. I see they are in the old spot where The North End used to be in Columbus Park. I'll have to go visit them soon.
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:29 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
20 year member. Three total posts. Two posts in this thread.

Wild!

Delano
Call me the ultimate lurker ... Headed for Arrowhead in the morning getting the groove goin ...

Thanks!

Chris
Old 12-07-2023, 10:56 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:

Thanks!

Chris
Yeah Smokehouse at Zona Rosa is where you want to go its real good.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:00 PM   #104
I love your mom

Are most of the downtown joints going to be open after 6 pm on sat the 23 or on x mas eve ? Also is the power and light district something to go check out?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:33 AM   #105
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleychief View Post
I'm going to give a shout out to F325 next to Chicken n' Pickle in North KC. They've got some damn good BBQ. If you go, try the Whiskey Sweet Potato Casserole as a side. You'll thank me later!

There's also HawgJaw BBQ at the far south end of Swift. They are good, but the meat always seems really salty. Not bad if you've been drinking beforehand.

Smokin' Guns used to be in the area but closed. As someone else mentioned, they were pretty inconsistent and deserved their fate at the end.
I have got to give it a try it is a 5 to 10-minute drive for me. HawgJaw is ok but his rubs are very salty but it pretty good BBQ.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.