Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2024, 10:12 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Mike Tomlin gets 3-yr extension from Steelers.

Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:04 PM   #91
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Hard to tell

My bad.
The way several are coming across it is no wonder that they think so highly of Marty Schottenheimer. Yes, he brought us out of the awful 80's but we were stuck in that not being awful and not being able to win anything of real substance.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 05:04 PM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Ohh look, a team who did a relatively fast rebuild, drafting a QB #2 overall in the process, and now looks like a contender!

It's almost as if being mediocre makes things SO much harder.
This.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 05:09 PM   #93
MVP

He sucks. Great news for the Chiefs.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:12 PM   #94
MVP

I like Tomlin, but honestly I think it'd be best for the Steelers and Tomlin if Tomlin had a change of scenery.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:15 PM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
He sucks. Great news for the Chiefs.
1. he doesn't suck. he's a hell of a coach.
2. this isn't great news for the chiefs. it isn't news for the chiefs. Patrick Mahomes II is above any move the opposition makes. He's the greatest player to ever lace them up, and only father time will defeat him. Everything else is just theater for the masses while they watch another chiefs super bowl.
3. Just wanted to reiterate that Mahomes is God.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:16 PM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
1. he doesn't suck. he's a hell of a coach.
2. this isn't great news for the chiefs. it isn't news for the chiefs. Patrick Mahomes II is above any move the opposition makes. He's the greatest player to ever lace them up, and only father time will defeat him. Everything else is just theater for the masses while they watch another chiefs super bowl.
3. Just wanted to reiterate that Mahomes is God.
He used to be a hell of a coach. He mailed it in long ago sir.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:23 PM   #97
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia View Post
He used to be a hell of a coach. He mailed it in long ago sir.
They went 10-7 last year in the only division in football without a losing record. He had Kenny Pickett throwing the ball. You're off on this one.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:24 PM   #98
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
Although he does have 1 SB ring it does seem he is turning into Marty Shottenheimer.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:45 PM   #99
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
So, he’s suppose to tank for a top QB?

At least he took a shot with Pickett and didn’t just settle for a hand me down QB like we did for years. There was a time this board wanted Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill and Johnny Manuel.

I think Wilson will be better with Tomlin than Payton.
I can’t believe Tanny is still sitting on his couch. He’d be the best quarterback on quite a few teams. 2 in our division too. I figured Vegas would go after him, but they seem content wasting those offensive weapons they have with AOC, and Minshew.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:50 PM   #100
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
I can’t believe Tanny is still sitting on his couch. He’d be the best quarterback on quite a few teams. 2 in our division too. I figured Vegas would go after him, but they seem content wasting those offensive weapons they have with AOC, and Minshew.
Somebody will lose their starting QB to injury and will sign him.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 05:54 PM   #101
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Do you think the Bears, Commanders, and Patriots aren't just a LITTLE bit remorseful that they've got brand new shiny QBs and yet their head coaches are going to be mostly out of the picture when it comes to that QB's development? I mean yeah, that's what the QB coach and OC is for sure, but wouldn't it be nice if the guy making all the decisions could more intuitively make those decisions that are best for the QB instead of having to take advice from assistant coaches all the time?

If I'm an NFL owner hiring a new head coach, and I can take either Tomlin or a young unproven OC from somewhere, I'd be tempted to go Tomlin if I had a vet QB already in place. But if I'm starting from scratch? There's no way I'd hire any defensive guy ever. Not a young guy, not Tomlin, and not even Belichick.
I’d take Vrabel over Tomlin.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:22 PM   #102
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I don't think the Jeff Fisher thing is even a debate. Jeff Fisher had 6 winning seasons in 22 years. Dude lived at the .500 mark which is why he got the reputation he did.

Mike Tomlin's never had a losing season but he's had double digit wins 10 times, won a Super Bowl, and has done it while having Brady, Manning and Mahomes in his conference and the Ravens who are always good in his division. It's not like he's lived at 7-9 wins a year like Fisher did. He's clearly a class above that.
Yep, it’s not even a debate for me. You can try arguing that he’s Jeff Fisher who lucked into a HoF QB, but even then that’s tough and a small sample size. In three years without Roethlisberger, he’s gone 8-8, 9-8 and 10-7. That’s with Mason Rudolph and Kenny Pickett as the team’s leading passer, while playing in the toughest division and same conference as a dynasty (that’s so nice to be able to say).
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 06:28 PM   #103
You gotta kill a few people

Also, the idea that it’s better to take your medicine and suck to get the good QB obviously holds weight. Us Chiefs fans know that.. but I don’t think that’s a consideration for an organization like the Steelers just yet. They’ve got six Lombardis and are probably the most storied franchise in football. They won a Super Bowl 15 years ago and were in another 13 years ago. They’ve been to the playoffs 8 times since that last Super Bowl loss.

I think that type of success buys you a little time.

If this were the Jets or Cardinals we were talking about then I’d say this was not a smart move.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:11 PM   #104
Politically Incorrect

I have no clue how people can put Mike Tomlin and Jeff Fisher in the same class of coaching.

One is head and shoulders over the other....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #105
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Also, the idea that it’s better to take your medicine and suck to get the good QB obviously holds weight. Us Chiefs fans know that.. but I don’t think that’s a consideration for an organization like the Steelers just yet. They’ve got six Lombardis and are probably the most storied franchise in football. They won a Super Bowl 15 years ago and were in another 13 years ago. They’ve been to the playoffs 8 times since that last Super Bowl loss.

I think that type of success buys you a little time.

If this were the Jets or Cardinals we were talking about then I’d say this was not a smart move.
Dude, nobody gives a **** about those SBs when you haven't won a playoff game in almost a decade. If anything, an organization like that should see that this isn't good enough, because they have standards.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.