Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2022, 01:18 PM  
Veteran

Cost of electricity

I was wondering how come the electricity in my office was not lower after I made some serious improvements/changes.

I compared 12/21 bill vs 6/22. I about floored me.

kw/h

12/21 $0.0161
6/22 $0.0289

Holy crap that is a jump.

The company is Evergy.

This will probably end up in DC. But there are a number of posts related to money in the lounge.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #91
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
With all the demand and the rate increases, I'm so glad that I decided to go solar a couple of years ago. My most recent Evergy bill is $49. It covers most, but not all, of my electricity needs. I suppose that once my daughter moves out, it will probably cover everything.

And here's another wonderful thing that they do. When I was looking to buy solar panels, I was told that in Kansas, you can't be completely off the grid. But Evergy automatically charges like $15 just to be connected to the grid. Sounds like a racket.

Oh well, after I pay off these solar panels, it will be pretty much free electricity for the rest of my days. They say they are warrantied to produce something like 90% or 92% of their original output after 25 years, long after mine will have been paid. Best decision I could have made.
Who'd you use for your solar panels?
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #92
sorta mod-ish

Am I reading this right? It appears that the time has come and gone to submit a comment, or is that just when the comments are scheduled to begin to be taken?

https://psc.mo.gov/Electric/MEDIA_AL...Case--pr-25-09
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #93
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Unless they just closed them.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Today, 09:25 AM   #94
MVP

Sounds like the energy companies in Texas too. With what seems to be everyone moving to Texas these days, our electric grid is stressed to the max. Investments by the electric company in wind and solar haven't paid off from a consumer cost savings perspective.
Rates keep going up, bills keep going up and the grid is no more reliable than it was 4 years ago
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Sounds like the energy companies in Texas too. With what seems to be everyone moving to Texas these days, our electric grid is stressed to the max. Investments by the electric company in wind and solar haven't paid off from a consumer cost savings perspective.
Rates keep going up, bills keep going up and the grid is no more reliable than it was 4 years ago
Surprise! Those green energy solutions aren't working afterall.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Who'd you use for your solar panels?
Yes please. Do tell. I’ve saved up a chunk of $ for this and I’d kind to know what company you used.
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #97
Admitted Planet Junky

I don't live up there but Entergy does the same shit down here. I wouldn't mind a short term increase if it meant that they would bury the lines so that mother nature would not continue to have these issues.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 09:34 AM   #98

LZ, If you’re okay with it can you also tell me if your panels are in the roof on the ground, susceptible to weather, insurance cost etc.

Just ballpark stuff.
Old Today, 09:36 AM   #99
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
They aren't intended to pay off, and they don't fix the grid because profit margin is the motive. Actually investing in things lowers profit margin.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:03 AM   #100
Kind of a mod

For what it's worth, I got my panels from Blue Raven Solar 1.5 years ago. Cost was about $22k for a 5.67 kW system, and then I got 30% of that back from the feds.

My biggest piece of advice is to ask for a cash price if there's any chance you can swing it. Their financing "rates" were fine, but they quoted me $30k to do it (and their default assumption is that you want to finance it).

(And on the off chance someone here decides to contact Blue Raven, let me know. They have a referral program that will save you like $500 and give me $500 as well.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:05 AM   #101
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
LZ, If you’re okay with it can you also tell me if your panels are in the roof on the ground, susceptible to weather, insurance cost etc.

Just ballpark stuff.
Mine are on the roof. They're rated to withstand up to baseball-sized hail. I contacted my broker about additional insurance, and he told me that they're covered with no adjustment needed to our policy (but this is State Farm, so no promises all insurers are the same).
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:12 AM   #102
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
With all the demand and the rate increases, I'm so glad that I decided to go solar a couple of years ago. My most recent Evergy bill is $49. It covers most, but not all, of my electricity needs. I suppose that once my daughter moves out, it will probably cover everything.

And here's another wonderful thing that they do. When I was looking to buy solar panels, I was told that in Kansas, you can't be completely off the grid. But Evergy automatically charges like $15 just to be connected to the grid. Sounds like a racket.

Oh well, after I pay off these solar panels, it will be pretty much free electricity for the rest of my days. They say they are warrantied to produce something like 90% or 92% of their original output after 25 years, long after mine will have been paid. Best decision I could have made.
I’d sure be interested in who you used
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #103
Indian Twitter

My utilities are through the roof. According to C.U. I'm using more of everything this year. My ass! I think everyone in my area are being scammed.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Yes please. Do tell. I’ve saved up a chunk of $ for this and I’d kind to know what company you used.
Keep in mind your roof should be relatively new because any roof work you have done a few years after the solar panels are on would cost a small fortune to replace the shingles? That's another issue, how many holes are they going to drill into a person's roof to hold them on. And aren't more holes being drilled into your roof's shingles not a good thing?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 10:16 AM   #105
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Keep in mind your roof should be relatively new because any roof work you have done a few years after the solar panels are on would cost a small fortune to replace the shingles? That's another issue, how many holes are they going to drill into a person's roof to hold them on. And aren't more holes being drilled into your roof's shingles not a good thing?
You're right that you shouldn't put panels on an old roof. However, it's not that hard to seal around any holes they have to drill. If that were the case, people would never have satellites or antennas on their roof either.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote