Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2024, 04:27 PM  
Threepeat!

Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:22 AM   #91
Has a particular set of skills

Alex was who he was. He tried hard. Worked out all the time. Had that inner strength we saw when his leg was in pieces. By all accounts he didnt pull a Rogers and say its not my job to train my replacement. He didn't. Patrick says he helped him be a pro. How to handle his business, Take care of your body. We owe him a thanks.

Alex was who he was. It wasn't in the cards for him or us to win a SB with him under center. We have no idea if everything would turn out the same if Patrick got thrown in as a rookie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 09:29 AM   #92
MVP

*inserts retread argument for the 1000th time instead of just enjoying the dynasty*
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:35 AM   #93
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Every now and then, I imagine that Alex Smith got the concussion in that Titans game instead of Travis Kelce.

Just think about it... Mahomes goes in, with the benefit of a full season of practice and getting things down, coming off the confidence-building game against the Broncos... and goes absolute scorched earth on the NFL in the playoffs, with no voluminous game tape to fall back on.

Would have been great fo rhis legend.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 09:38 AM   #94
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Hard to argue against Mahomes, but I do find it weird that often the talented guys who end up sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Philip Rivers, even Jordan Love now... they seem to have quite a bit of success. Love looked like he might be the best QB in the NFC at the end. You'd think more teams would see this and try it, but I get most coaches are on the hot seat more than Reid or any of the Packers coaches. You could make a pretty strong argument that letting a raw QB just be a student for the first year is a solid plan compared to "throw him out there and see what you've got."
Mahomes needed time to understand the offense and the mental side of the game. Alex was many things but the best of Alex was his mental side even though he could barely execute in games.

Mahomes himself said that was critical. There was a massive difference between preseason rookie Mahomes and week 17 first start Mahomes.

The Packers developing QB’s proves this as well. We need to adopt the Packers QB strategy moving forward.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:50 AM   #95
Starter

We got a SB with Pat and Fuller from the Deadskins trade.

I’m cool with it.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:55 AM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mahomes needed time to understand the offense and the mental side of the game. Alex was many things but the best of Alex was his mental side even though he could barely execute in games.

Mahomes himself said that was critical. There was a massive difference between preseason rookie Mahomes and week 17 first start Mahomes.

The Packers developing QB’s proves this as well. We need to adopt the Packers QB strategy moving forward.
Alex was a mid tier starter in the NFL. Lets not pretend he was some scrub like Zach Wilson. He could of been more if the 49ers didn't basically do everything possible to screw up his development.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:10 AM   #97
MVP

I think there’s a little revisionist history about just how good rookie Mahomes was.

Yes, he could make all the throws, as evidenced by the preseason and the Broncos game, but he was still a little rough around the edges.

Watch his highlights against the Broncos his rookie year and then watch his highlights against the Broncos from week 4 in 2018 and look at how much more polished he looks in the second game. It’s pretty clear he took a massive step over that offseason.

Von Miller even commented on that during his top 100 video after 2018. Paraphrasing a bit, but essentially he said “Mahomes was impressive for a rookie in 2017. But we thought we knew what to expect from him the next season. When he took the field for that first matchup that year though he was a completely different animal.”

So yeah we probably would’ve beaten the Titans, but pretending Mahomes would’ve won us a Super Bowl if he had been thrown in for the playoffs just isn’t likely true.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #98
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
Alex was a mid tier starter in the NFL. Lets not pretend he was some scrub like Zach Wilson. He could of been more if the 49ers didn't basically do everything possible to screw up his development.
He was still risk averse and a scared bitch that went fetal at the first sign of pressure. You dont develop out of that.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 11:56 AM   #99
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Honestly, preseason Mahomes looked fantastic.

He looked ready to go out of the gate
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:05 PM   #100
Special Teams ACE!!!

I think I could have tolerated Alex Smith and the stability he brought if I didn't get the same "But he's a nice guy!" shtick from Mr. Howdy Doody Craps His Pants Matt Cassel.

To go from one to the other when we were STILL drafted QB-less as a franchise since 1983 was a just a bridge too far. Coupled with the weirdo Niner transplants, and there was always that aura of negativity surrounding Alex no matter how well he played.

Now? I'm over it. Wish Alex all the best and hope he enjoys rolling rocks in the shallow ocean to his heart's content. But at the time he wasn't wanted.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:34 PM   #101
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I think I could have tolerated Alex Smith and the stability he brought if I didn't get the same "But he's a nice guy!" shtick from Mr. Howdy Doody Craps His Pants Matt Cassel.

To go from one to the other when we were STILL drafted QB-less as a franchise since 1983 was a just a bridge too far. Coupled with the weirdo Niner transplants, and there was always that aura of negativity surrounding Alex no matter how well he played.

Now? I'm over it. Wish Alex all the best and hope he enjoys rolling rocks in the shallow ocean to his heart's content. But at the time he wasn't wanted.

Worded my feelings Perfectly from earlier.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:35 PM   #102
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Alex was who he was. He tried hard. Worked out all the time. Had that inner strength we saw when his leg was in pieces. By all accounts he didnt pull a Rogers and say its not my job to train my replacement. He didn't. Patrick says he helped him be a pro. How to handle his business, Take care of your body. We owe him a thanks.

Alex was who he was. It wasn't in the cards for him or us to win a SB with him under center. We have no idea if everything would turn out the same if Patrick got thrown in as a rookie.
I don't get the hate.for Smith and I think that I will go with what Mahomes has said...that Alex Smith helped his growth as a QB....

We all knew who Alex Smith was...and oddly enough Andy Reid wanted him here....I think I will trust Andy's judgment on Alex being the QB needed at that time....you know, considering the winning in Philly and the turnaround he did for KC to make us the dynasty we are now.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:38 PM   #103
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Mahomes says Smith was good for him. Get over it and stop being a dick.
Blow me. I have a feeling you aren't as old as the rest of us who didn't have to endure what SNR indicated below.

Yes I am bitter. And I'm ok with that.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:39 PM   #104
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post

Guess I missed the part where I thought Cassel was considered a nice guy.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:20 PM   #105
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Guess I missed the part where I thought Cassel was considered a nice guy.
No shit, dude was an arrogant prick.

That K-Swiss commercial he did was pretty funny, though.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.