Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 02:03 PM  
pie is never free

Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy

Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:35 AM   #91
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Lol people and god damn Z packs. They think it cures everything and ****ing doctors prescribe it for everything. I'm surprised a megabacteria hasn't wiped out a ton of us.
lol...I lazily called the prednisone pack a "z-pack". They now prescribe the prednisone 21 pack rather than give you a $50 shot in the butt, though. I went to a little clinic off 291 and 5th street the first time, paid cash, cleared up a full body weep in 24 hrs. The next year when I got it playing golf, I went to primary care and they did the pred pack, and I suffered for a week. That little clinic was gone or had moved the next time I got it, and I requested a shot at those 'minute clinic" places, and they charged about $400 to tell me I "had poison ivy", and prescribed a $150 pred-pack. They, and other clinics said the same: "no shot". This is why people hate the medical system, Obamacare, the govt et al...what was once a 10 minute walk-in procedure for $50, now costs over $500 and takes 7-10 days longer to cure. The old maxim remains true...you need three good friends in life- a doctor, a lawyer, and a bartender
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #92
MVP

BTW, too late now since you got the steroid shot and pills, but the plantain family of plants, namely broadleaf plantain which grows all over the place, at least here in the midwest, stops itching almost immediately. Grab a few leaves, crush them up in your hand or chew them up a bit, and rub on the rash. It's actually pretty amazing and all natural of course. It's a native American treatment and it's legit.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:19 AM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
lol...I lazily called the prednisone pack a "z-pack". They now prescribe the prednisone 21 pack rather than give you a $50 shot in the butt, though. I went to a little clinic off 291 and 5th street the first time, paid cash, cleared up a full body weep in 24 hrs. The next year when I got it playing golf, I went to primary care and they did the pred pack, and I suffered for a week. That little clinic was gone or had moved the next time I got it, and I requested a shot at those 'minute clinic" places, and they charged about $400 to tell me I "had poison ivy", and prescribed a $150 pred-pack. They, and other clinics said the same: "no shot". This is why people hate the medical system, Obamacare, the govt et al...what was once a 10 minute walk-in procedure for $50, now costs over $500 and takes 7-10 days longer to cure. The old maxim remains true...you need three good friends in life- a doctor, a lawyer, and a bartender
Z pack is an antibiotic. Does nothing for poison Ivy unless you have an infection. A Medrol dose pack is the steroid they use for poison ivy.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 11:03 AM   #94
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Z pack is an antibiotic. Does nothing for poison Ivy unless you have an infection. A Medrol dose pack is the steroid they use for poison ivy.
Yes, that's why I said "I lazily called it a z-pack" and clarified...
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-10-2024, 11:27 AM   #95
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
JFC you are so full of shit. The no insurance cost of a 1 weeks cycle of prednisone is under $40.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:40 PM   #96
Fight, build, win!

Steroid anger issues
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #97
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Goodrx doesn't prey on independent pharmacies, because most independents don't take GoodRX. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about about. Independent pharmacies will literally **** themselves if they give out prescriptions under there U&C (usual and customary). That's the way GoodRX is able to get under that U&C, because it's considered an insurance payment and not straight cash paying customer.

You're the ****ing uneducated one. Dipshit.
Dude, I do this for a living.

You just vomited a bunch of nonsensical shit.

This is how it actually works with GoodRx:

Independent Pharmacy has a medication that costs them $10 to buy from the wholesaler.

If a patient comes in wanting to use GoodRx to buy that medication, the pharmacy can submit that claim to GoodRx.

All that happens is GoodRx will tell the pharmacy to collect $12 for the medication from the patient and then GoodRx will charge the pharmacy a $8 fee. The pharmacy just lost $6 by doing that.

Conversely, the pharmacy can elect to tell the patient that they will sell the medication to the patient for $11 to save the patient a dollar instead of going through GoodRx. By doing that, instead of losing $6, the pharmacy makes $1 while saving the patient money.

The chains gave up on competing with independents on cash (except the $4 lists of course) because they get subjected to U&C audits (nothing to do with GoodRx) hence, they just say **** it and get fleeced by GoodRx hoping to make up for it on whatever the **** else a patient may buy from the actual store on the way to the pharmacy counter or back.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.