Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:44 PM   #1021
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Don't care about big receivers.

"Moves well for a big guy" means he's actually pretty mediocre for a normal sized WR. And I just don't think the trade-off is worthwhile.

He wouldn't even be on my board for the Chiefs. Some teams may have a use for him but I don't. We don't have Matt Cassel under center - 'hard to miss' doesn't move the needle for me when I have a guy that can put a ball in 5 gallon bucket from 30 yards out.

Give me separation and quickness in/out of his cuts. Wilson does neither of those things. He's a guy I have essentially zero interest in at all. If I thought he could learn to block more consistently I might have him as an intriguing TE convert on the 3rd day, but that's about it.

I heard thoughts like this when people were pushing Ruggs over Justin Jefferson.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:08 PM   #1022
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Worthy and Legette, especially if they go in the 1st, are both guys who would fall in the Quentin Johnston bucket for me.

I was elated when the Chargers took that guy. "Good - burn draft capital on a dude who's not gonna get open, fight for the football or manage to catch it when it gets to him..."

Those are both guys who I'd be fine taking if they slide to us, but I'm not gonna overdraft either because of FOMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 03:26 PM   #1023
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Kelvin Benjamin was slow. Hard to compare him. Johnny Wilson is a legit deep threat. He’s fast and can actually run routes. Johnnys listed at a 4.42 40. Here’s some info on Johnny. He’s a freak. He’s actually probably closer to Darren Waller. But I was unsure about his hands.

Elite athletic skills -- Johnny Wilson Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 28. He wrote: "At almost 6 feet 7, 239 pounds, he has 36-inch arms, 10 1/4 inch hands and a standing reach of 8-10. He also has a 35.5 inch vertical and a 10-5 broad jump. In games, he’s topped out at 21.23 MPH with a max acceleration of 5.26 m/s and has a max deceleration of -7.21 m/s."

Those numbers are ridiculous. He is not kelvin benjamin. Benjamin timed at a 4.6 and 17mph. Waller was a 4.46 at 22 mph. And 37” vertical. Waller is a better comp, almost the same height and weight also. Waller was drafted in the 6th round…
It's the drops. I broadly agree with DJ's take but with Wilson it's the drops. He honestly probably moves better than Coleman, but he just...can't catch. If you're that big and can't reel them in you might as well be 8 feet with 4.2 40 for all it matters.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:29 PM   #1024
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Worthy and Legette, especially if they go in the 1st, are both guys who would fall in the Quentin Johnston bucket for me.

I was elated when the Chargers took that guy. "Good - burn draft capital on a dude who's not gonna get open, fight for the football or manage to catch it when it gets to him..."

Those are both guys who I'd be fine taking if they slide to us, but I'm not gonna overdraft either because of FOMO.
On the other hand his absolute s***ness helps them get Nabers this year. Nothing is going to piss me off more seeing them get him or Browers because they just decided to give up halfway through the season. Should be some sort of draft forfeit for how badly they checked out.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:43 PM   #1025
Veteran

Ladd McConkey is Dane Brugler's WR 6 at 34 overall. Questionable fit for the Chiefs as we don't typically see these traditional slot guys, but he gets open and has some ability after the catch to make guys miss.

5' 11" 187 lbs.

"A tough player to cover one-on-one, McConkey tempos his long speed to get on the toes of cornerbacks, then snaps the break point with his short-area quickness. Although his lack of length hurts his catch radius, he plays with competitive ball skills and doesn’t force the quarterback to be perfect with placement.

Because of injuries, McConkey played in only nine games (one start) in 2023, but he made a noticeable impact when he was on the field."

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:58 PM   #1026
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
Ladd McConkey is Dane Brugler's WR 6 at 34 overall. Questionable fit for the Chiefs as we don't typically see these traditional slot guys, but he gets open and has some ability after the catch to make guys miss.

5' 11" 187 lbs.

"A tough player to cover one-on-one, McConkey tempos his long speed to get on the toes of cornerbacks, then snaps the break point with his short-area quickness. Although his lack of length hurts his catch radius, he plays with competitive ball skills and doesn’t force the quarterback to be perfect with placement.

Because of injuries, McConkey played in only nine games (one start) in 2023, but he made a noticeable impact when he was on the field."

Not interested in using a high draft pick on a small slot WR.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:05 PM   #1027
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Is that based on talent or on character concerns, though?

Burton is apparently a shit-disturbing troll who likes to taunt opponents after the game.

He clocked a female Tennessee fan who ran on the field after they beat the Tide last year, and he taunted the Georgia student section after Alabama beat them in the SEC championship game, among other things.

Looks like he's maybe an immature hothead who likes to let opponents know when he cooks them. Maybe even the type of guy who would make a certain hand motion if a ref blew a call, or that would keep antagonizing Kyle Van Noy until he popped and got a personal foul.

I really like the idea of taking a Round 3 or 4 stab on Burton as a double-up at WR if he's there. I think it's an opportunity to take a calculated risk to get a player who far outplays his draft slot.

He's quick, he runs good routes, he tracks the ball well down the field, he can make contested catches, and he's got good deep speed. I see a lot of Stafon Diggs in him.

Overblown on Burton. We all make mistakes. But you have to look at the whole picture rather than what the SEC drama queens want to portray. On the Tennessee fan, what you don't see is her putting her phone in his face and taunting him as he was leaving the field. Ask yourself this, if she was completely innocent in her actions, why did she delete the video of her taunting him as he left the field on her social media account? Burton faced no discipline that I remember. He has stated publicly that he made a mistake.

It's probably not good policy for a fan to storm the field and go up to any player on the losing team and taunt them as they leave the field.

He's talk shit. So what. Not uncommon for football players. He just needs to learn to not turn his head in the direction of the player he is talking shit to.
Talking shit to fans? Who cares. I've seen Chiefs players talk shit to many opposing fans.

I'm doubtful that Burton makes it to the end of round 3 if he tests as he should. IMO he will be looked at as a traits over production kind of guy. Because of that, I can easily see him moving up the board into the middle to late 2nd in a similar manner the way Jonathan Mingo moved up last year with his traits over production. His deep speed is elite. His hands are big. Tracks the ball just as well as any WR this year. 56% contested catch rate. 0 drops. He checks a lot of the boxes that we will be missing in the room next year.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:06 PM   #1028
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Not interested in using a high draft pick on a small slot WR.
Zay Flowers is 5' 9" 183 lbs
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:12 PM   #1029
Generational Player

Quote:
Zay Flowers is 5' 9" 183 lbs
Yes.

So?
Old 02-21-2024, 04:44 PM   #1030
MVP

Quote:

5' 11" 187 lbs.

No thank you, send him to the Pats.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:44 PM   #1031
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
Overblown on Burton. We all make mistakes. But you have to look at the whole picture rather than what the SEC drama queens want to portray. On the Tennessee fan, what you don't see is her putting her phone in his face and taunting him as he was leaving the field. Ask yourself this, if she was completely innocent in her actions, why did she delete the video of her taunting him as he left the field on her social media account? Burton faced no discipline that I remember. He has stated publicly that he made a mistake.

It's probably not good policy for a fan to storm the field and go up to any player on the losing team and taunt them as they leave the field.

He's talk shit. So what. Not uncommon for football players. He just needs to learn to not turn his head in the direction of the player he is talking shit to.
Talking shit to fans? Who cares. I've seen Chiefs players talk shit to many opposing fans.

I'm doubtful that Burton makes it to the end of round 3 if he tests as he should. IMO he will be looked at as a traits over production kind of guy. Because of that, I can easily see him moving up the board into the middle to late 2nd in a similar manner the way Jonathan Mingo moved up last year with his traits over production. His deep speed is elite. His hands are big. Tracks the ball just as well as any WR this year. 56% contested catch rate. 0 drops. He checks a lot of the boxes that we will be missing in the room next year.
I agree.

I like the fire.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:52 PM   #1032
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post

Yeah, I agree the character concerns seem like an exaggerated non-issue.

But hey, if they make him slip to a range where KC can add him at a nice value, I’m cool with them.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:56 PM   #1033
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, I agree the character concerns seem like an exaggerated non-issue.

But hey, if they make him slip to a range where KC can add him at a nice value, I’m cool with them.
Didn't K. Toney have an incident in college where he showed up to a baseball diamond with an AR to scare off some dudes? Also, I recall T. Hill's having actual character concerns. Those two had some serious red flags, getting chippy with the other team is just being competitive.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:10 PM   #1034
Veteran

Quote:

5' 11" 187 lbs.

He's white. He's got very average stats. He's got a really shitty name. I wouldn't take him in the 4th round.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:32 PM   #1035
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
He's white. He's got very average stats. He's got a really shitty name. I wouldn't take him in the 4th round.
I'm not big on him either but I will say that they said the same shit about Puka Nacua. Running great routes with good hands can be a strong recipe for success in the NFL.

I'm alot higher on Pearsall as a similar type though, I just think there is more speed and better size there.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.