Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2019, 02:55 PM  
MVP

***** Official 2019-2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 09-25-2019 at 04:19 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:43 PM   #1006
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I think he’s already in Selfs dog house though. The punches probably wouldn’t do it, but picking up the stool is going too far. The intent was there.
Self has never been one to end someone's KU career over one emotional moment. He will give 2nd chances.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #1007
Champion Golfer Of The Year

"play hard chart" points for the guy in civilian clothes.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 01-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #1008

There is absolutely no reason to believe Self has bad blood with a player just because they are not getting playing time. He has sat, even red-shirted, a lot of talented players and they have been fine.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #1009
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Self has never been one to end someone's KU career over one emotional moment. He will give 2nd chances.
I’m struggling to think of a comparable situation to this one. Do you have one?
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #1010
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

I haven't rewatched since I saw it live, but it seemed like Garrett had the look and demeanor of someone trying to PROTECT mom jeans from McCormack. McCormack went stomping over there with intent to continue the dust up but Garrett seemed to be blocking him from being able to really get at his prey.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #1011
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
The Vick thing last year after their spat. Vick was then gonzo. Not really the same but only thing I can think of.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #1012
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

If I had to pick a college basketball team to fight, it wouldn’t be KU. Doke, McCormack, De Sousa...no thanks.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #1013
Supporter

This shit is all levels of unacceptable, and frankly embarrassing. My wife pointed out that a girl in the crowd looked to get hurt. Jesus Christ.

Quote:
My wife and I watched the replay several times.

De Sousa threw punches. McCormack ran into the middle and tried to throw punches. Garrett got in the middle of it too, but you couldn’t tell what he did.

My guess is De Sousa is off the team. Garrett and McCormack might get suspended.
For sure Garrett shoved a KSU player after coaches got everyone apart. Which is a bad look. It is hard to tell who’s trying to get dudes apart and who’s looking to break faces. I think McCormack went in to break shit up and got rolled into the fight. Same with Garrett.

What a cluster ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
That was a straight up brawl. All over a GD block and a little gamesmanship.

Nice job controlling the guys, Bruce.
Yeah. Street clothes fool rushing DeSousa is bush league but that’s a god awful look for both teams. All over a game that wasn’t even particularly hotly contested or rough game. Dumb****ery abound.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #1014
Supporter

Quote:
If I had to pick a college basketball team to fight, it wouldn’t be KU. Doke, McCormack, De Sousa...no thanks.
LOL. Right?

Basketball players notoriously fight like pussies but if any of those giant mother****ers actually know how to throw hands everyone is ****ed. There is nothing you can do against wingspans like that.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #1015

Quote:
There hasnt been anything comparable to this under Self. But after Giles, Giddens, hell even the Morris twins shooting people with air rifles...there is a reason non-KU fans think of Self as giving multiple chances to "thugs".

I also think there were multiple (non-violent) incidents with Vick and Thaarpe.

Anyway my point is not to bring all this up, just saying Self has been known for giving 2nd chances, and believing in his kids, even when it hurts his PR.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #1016
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
LOL. Right?

Basketball players notoriously fight like pussies but if any of those giant mother****ers actually know how to throw hands everyone is ****ed. There is nothing you can do against wingspans like that.
This was my first thought as they all seemed to get near the crowd. You got some big mother ****ers
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #1017
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:46 PM   #1018
World's Best Boss

Good god what an embarrassment.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #1019
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
There hasnt been anything comparable to this under Self. But after Giles, Giddens, hell even the Morris twins shooting people with air rifles...there is a reason non-KU fans think of Self as giving multiple chances to "thugs".

I also think there were multiple (non-violent) incidents with Vick and Thaarpe.

Anyway my point is not to bring all this up, just saying Self has been known for giving 2nd chances, and believing in his kids, even when it hurts his PR.
I think the basketball team once fought the football team (which is reeruned). But yeah nothing like that on the floor.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #1020
My work speaks for itself!!!

This is some Ron Artest style crap, right here!

Weber was quoted as saying he told his kids to back off, and took blame for it (the kids not listening).

Was a high-road/classy thing to say, though he did say he understood the competitive nature, etc.

I've played quite a bit of ball in my life, and I've always felt if you're up 20, and you're "doing the right thing" by not trying to run up the score on the last shot clock, it's a bit of a bush-league move to not honor that.

So with that said, I have no problem with the block by DeSousa......and hell, I dont even mind the technical foul for intimidation thereafter - but everything after that was a shit-show, and they should know better.

I guess my question is - how the hell did it get that out of hand? Where was bench players, where was coaches, where was security?

I can only assume the handshake line had started and people were too far away to intervene/stop it quickly??
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.