Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #9811
Supporter

Reerun you eat a lot of sushi. Don't die until Fall Harvest is over. K thx bye.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #9812
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
This might be becoming a problem.

ya, A problem I wish I had...

How did the oven preform? Did you crank temp up?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #9813
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

Okay. I'll do my best. Btw. I offered to help in November if need help.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #9814
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
Okay. I'll do my best. Btw. I offered to help in November if need help.
Hopefully it won't be too long into November before we are done. P
Old 10-17-2017, 01:16 AM
olout
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #9815
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
ya, A problem I wish I had...

How did the oven preform? Did you crank temp up?
The brioche was cooked at 350, where I temped out at 357, so no change. Worked well. The buns are too small and overcooked a little. I misremembered the guidelines when I started them and only made 2-ounce rolls. They need to be closer to 3.5.

The artisan boule is supposed to be at 450. I bumped to 465, and that worked a lot better. I'm surprised 15 degrees made as much difference as it did.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #9816
Cheat Death

Yucatan pork tacos. The salsa is a reduction of the liquor the pork was cooked in, which is mostly achiote paste and citrus with some added heat.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #9817
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

He may start glowing in the dark.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #9818
MVP

Quote:
The brioche was cooked at 350, where I temped out at 357, so no change. Worked well. The buns are too small and overcooked a little. I misremembered the guidelines when I started them and only made 2-ounce rolls. They need to be closer to 3.5.

The artisan boule is supposed to be at 450. I bumped to 465, and that worked a lot better. I'm surprised 15 degrees made as much difference as it did.
Plate or no plate?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #9819
MVP

That looks a lot better than the smoothie I am having for dinner.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #9820
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Plate or no plate?

No plate for the brioche, with for the boule.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #9821
MVP

Last nights dinner

Thin sliced Flat Iron steak w fast marinade (chuck) sauted with onions, red poblano peppers jalapeņos, habaneros, red bell pepper. served with mixed greens salad and balsamic syrup dressing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beef.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	115274  
Old 10-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #9822
MVP

Quote:
No plate for the brioche, with for the boule.
I wonder if the control rheostat could be bad?

Now that you know to crank it at 450 does it matter?

I would check temps without the plate just because you're doing it and I am not I do wonder if it gets hotter without it.

If it were me, but it's not, I'd make a mental note the oven is too cool at 400 up and crank it and be done with it.

I know that no gas oven is going to be dead on but knowing where to crank it and let it ride would be nice to know. I have read that cooking above recommended temps is better than low temps. You just have to watch it and not wait for a buzzer.

Dinny has a bet that you buy the rheostat, I say you don't. But he may be right..It may be a calibration issue.

Have you called the manufacturer yet???
Old 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #9823
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I wonder if the control rheostat could be bad?

Now that you know to crank it at 450 does it matter?

I would check temps without the plate just because you're doing it and I am not I do wonder if it gets hotter without it.

If it were me, but it's not, I'd make a mental note the oven is too cool at 400 up and crank it and be done with it.

I know that no gas oven is going to be dead on but knowing where to crank it and let it ride would be nice to know. I have read that cooking above recommended temps is better than low temps. You just have to watch it and not wait for a buzzer.

Dinny has a bet that you buy the rheostat, I say you don't. But he may be right..It may be a calibration issue.

Have you called the manufacturer yet???

Nah, the entire purpose of testing was to simply know when and where to crank it. If it was consistently low, I can modify the calibration in the settings. But since 350 is on, I'll leave as is and adjust up 15 degrees on the top end.

Not bothering with the manufacturer. At 450, a 12-degree difference is like 3%. I'm sure that's within spec.

If I have the oven on this weekend without the steel, I'll check it for the he'll of it. But knowing that it's off and adjusting for it solved most of my issue.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #9824
Supporter

Taco Truck!

Old 10-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #9825
Supporter

Quote:
Nah, the entire purpose of testing was to simply know when and where to crank it. If it was consistently low, I can modify the calibration in the settings. But since 350 is on, I'll leave as is and adjust up 15 degrees on the top end.

Not bothering with the manufacturer. At 450, a 12-degree difference is like 3%. I'm sure that's within spec.

If I have the oven on this weekend without the steel, I'll check it for the he'll of it. But knowing that it's off and adjusting for it solved most of my issue.
Does it preheat slow? It might be plugged burners or something. When you open the door to put the food in it lets the heat out and takes a long time to get back to temp. That might lead to the long cook times.

/not an appliance guy.

EDIT: it's a good opportunity for you to go electric since you stacked the shit on me because the wife wanted a glass top.