Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #9781
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
And plenty of syrup!!!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife actually prefers fake syrup to real. I don't even know how to respond.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #9782
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Ok it's not much but sure was tasty.

!/2 lean ground beef and 1/2 lean ground pork. minced onion, jalapeņo peppers. red bell pepper, garlic fresh ground pepper, and sea salt mixed together.

Pan sear until crust develops, flip and top with blue cheese. pull and let rest while toasting a thin bagel and top with fresh HG tomato.

Sounds like a spicy meatloaf sandwich you got there. Not a burger, sounds tasty.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #9783
Cast Iron Jedi

Did a little more testing today. At higher temps, it's off more. At 350F it averages 357F. At 450F, it averages 438F. It was a bread recipe at 450F that caused me enough frustration to do this testing. Doing a loaf now with the oven set at 465F to see if that 15F difference makes much difference.

Also found it interesting that a giant 30-pound baking steel doesn't do much to level out the temp variation. Though I've never tested this temp without the steel. Maybe it does.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #9784
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Wife actually prefers fake syrup to real. I don't even know how to respond.
"Yes dear" seems to be the route of least resistance.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #9785
Politically Incorrect

Last night made a pound of Barilla fettuccine with homemade meatballs and butcher bought Italian sweet sausage. Added a lot of torn fresh basil and freshly grated Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese.

Had a salad with raddichio and romaine, radishes, pepperdews, olive oil marinated artichokes, kalamata olives, and fontina cheese pieces.

Pepperidge Farms Garlic Bread done in the oven with extra garlic powder and oregano and butter.

Gabbiano Chianti to drink.....

Have lots of leftovers and it was so simple but tasted great!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #9786
MVP

Quote:
Did a little more testing today. At higher temps, it's off more. At 350F it averages 357F. At 450F, it averages 438F. It was a bread recipe at 450F that caused me enough frustration to do this testing. Doing a loaf now with the oven set at 465F to see if that 15F difference makes much difference.

Also found it interesting that a giant 30-pound baking steel doesn't do much to level out the temp variation. Though I've never tested this temp without the steel. Maybe it does.
You never said you used a baking plate...

Keep up the testing. I, for what it's worth, have you penciled in as "25% Mental" not 1/2.

Did you ever call????
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #9787
MVP

Those leftovers sound really tasty as I sit here drinking my smoothie made from Bosc pears, gold honeydew and sugar baby melons, a peach and orange and blended with OJ and beet juice.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #9788
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
You never said you used a baking plate...

Keep up the testing. I, for what it's worth, have you penciled in as "25% Mental" not 1/2.

Did you ever call????

I didn't in the 350 test. I did in the 450 because I was actually heating to bake some bread.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #9789
MVP

Quote:
I didn't in the 350 test. I did in the 450 because I was actually heating to bake some bread.
You just broke the first and most important rule of diagnostics:

Only change one variable at a time. You changed Temp and added a chunk of steel that the oven was not made with and asking it to maintain 450 degrees. If it is anywhere near the thermostat.... get it?
Old 10-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #9790
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
You just broke the first and most important rule of diagnostics:

Only change one variable at a time. You changed Temp and added a chunk of steel that the oven was not made with and asking it to maintain 450 degrees. If it is anywhere near the thermostat.... get it?

I wasn't really intending to test this morning. I know how to isolate and test. I understand it's not an apples to apples test, as I basically said in the initial post this morning. Primary purpose this morning was baking bread. I decided to throw the Chef Alarm in and see how close it was anyway.

Last edited by Fire Me Boy!; 10-15-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Old 10-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #9791
Cast Iron Jedi

No pics. Did some baked lemon cod for lunch. Was a little strong on the lemon, but overall pretty tasty. Picked up some nice sea bass and salmon at Whole Foods yesterday. Don't think I've ever cooked sea bass, so that'll be interesting.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #9792
MVP

Southwestern Chowder?

Sorry for poor quality pic. Flash kinda ruined it..

Diced sweet onions,garlic, diced jalapeņo sausage (brats), diced red bell peppers, diced Jalapeņo pepper, 1/4 of a ghost pepper smashed with salt,and celery hearts sauted with butter until tender. Added fresh ground pepper and sea salt

grilled jalapeņo brat slices (pork and beef) from local butcher

1 container of Panera corn and shrimp chowder, I had 2 containers and the first one sucked ass by itself. Had shrimp taste but shrimp were almost non existent, yet it was overly generous with potatoes which were not listed except in ingredients list.

Added chowder to the mixture and let simmer for 15 minutes and served with crusty bread.

It was really tasty, with enough heat to let you enjoy the flavors but leave a little burn in the back of your mouth. I will make again with orzo pasta and make it more like a jambalaya.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chowder.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	115262  

Last edited by cooper barrett; 10-15-2017 at 01:03 PM..
Old 10-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #9793
Ultrabanned

Making a crockpot meatball/tortellini soup today. We'll see how it turns out. Some onion, celery, carrot, beef stock, spices and some nice meatballs. I'll drop in some cheese tortellini, spinach and heavy cream about 30 mins before I serve. Wife found the recipe/made the suggestion, and I wasn't exactly keen on it.

Just ate about a pound of rotel for lunch and am getting into some Tank 7's before the game, so we'll see how hungry I am later.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:20 PM   #9794
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Making a crockpot meatball/tortellini soup today. We'll see how it turns out. Some onion, celery, carrot, beef stock, spices and some nice meatballs. I'll drop in some cheese tortellini, spinach and heavy cream about 30 mins before I serve. Wife found the recipe/made the suggestion, and I wasn't exactly keen on it.

Just ate about a pound of rotel for lunch and am getting into some Tank 7's before the game, so we'll see how hungry I am later.
doesn't sound bad to me.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #9795
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
doesn't sound bad to me.
Nah, the broth tastes pretty good and it smells nice so I'm guessing it will be tasty, but just kinda threw me off with the recipe list.

It has cannelini beans in there too, forgot that in the first post. So beans, meatballs and tortellini with everything else. Top with parmesan apparently as well.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.