Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:11 PM   #961
Hockey Town

The Royals are going to pay for Moore's drafting philosophy for awhile, you can't just flip a switch with something like that.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #962
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The Royals are going to pay for Moore's drafting philosophy for awhile, you can't just flip a switch with something like that.
It's drafting AND development.

Neither one is a super quick fix.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:48 PM   #963
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I'll just leave this here. College...

++++ LANGUAGE ++++

https://www.tiktok.com/@everythingsp...n&ug_btm=b2001
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 12:55 PM   #964
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Really? Baltimore did. 2nd best offense in baseball
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:11 PM   #965
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
They're also 4.5 years into their regime change, rather than six months.

What did 2019 look like for Baltimore? (They lost 108 games). Then they were on pace for 97 in 20. And lost 110 in 21.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:12 PM   #966
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
They changed everything long before the Royals did and I can argue the Royals keeping Piccollo instead of going outside isn't a full change which could easily stunt the process.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #967
Rabbi Goldmann

Yeah I won’t agree we had a “regime change” when piccolo is the GM
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 02:02 PM   #968
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
They changed everything long before the Royals did and I can argue the Royals keeping Piccollo instead of going outside isn't a full change which could easily stunt the process.
That's a fair critique, and if Picollo doesn't make things work long-term, one we can criticuze Sherman for.

However, they did recycle a good portion of the development staff. Not sure on scouting.

Zumwalt and co. staying is good. They've been doing good work. I think some of the changes made on the pitching side are bearing fruit, at least early.

As cited, Bubic and Keller have expanded their arsenals in ways the previous staff was resistant to do, and it has paid off. In the minors, not a lot to mention yet, but Alec Marsh has looked strong for NWA (with the walks down. Encouraging).

There's room for some optimism. Especially if you like Maikel Garcia, Nick Loftin, and Tucker Bradley.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:04 PM   #969
The Insider

5. Kansas City Royals (4-12)

The Good: A bunch of things, believe it or not. Vinnie Pasquantino has doubled down on last year's breakout. Bobby Witt Jr. is finally looking like the prince who was promised. A bearded and rejuvenated Aroldis Chapman hasn't allowed a run yet. New pitching coach Brian Sweeney has helped Kris Bubic and Brad Keller revamp their arsenals to great effect. There are some legit bright spots here.

The Bad: KC somehow has the worst K/BB in baseball, even though Pasquantino has more walks than strikeouts. That's because the second half of this lineup is a brutal watch. Michael Massey, Hunter Dozier, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Nate Eaton have gone a combined 15-for-131 with just three extra-base hits. MJ Melendez hasn't settled in at all. The Franmil Reyes reclamation project isn't going to plan. Maybe they can find a way to let Pasquantino and Witt switch off every single at-bat.

The Upshot: There’s actually a lot to like about the Royals, especially if the strides in the rotation prove to be real. But the bottom of the lineup is just so outrageously dreadful that a legitimately encouraging display by Kansas City’s arms might not lead to many wins.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:37 PM   #970
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

That was very kind of them.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:41 PM   #971
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #972
Fight, build, win!

Going on the defensive

This is the same dude that lied to us that Tyreek was guilty as charged because his wife had a nurse friend that had all the dirty details and Reek was a POS.

When the truth came out he just slipped away into the shadows and never apologized for anything. I don't listen to anything you have to say in any sport here. Woke blowhard
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:24 PM   #973
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Going on the defensive

This is the same dude that lied to us that Tyreek was guilty as charged because his wife had a nurse friend that had all the dirty details and Reek was a POS.

When the truth came out he just slipped away into the shadows and never apologized for anything. I don't listen to anything you have to say in any sport here. Woke blowhard
Yeah, that's not true, bud.

I did apologize (and share what details I could) and, when all was said and done, talked about how I needed to change my mindset on DV cases with athletes. That I was going to take it as an opportunity to grow.

Also not quite what my sourcing on things was. So hate me all you want, bro. I'm not crying into my pillow about it.

Take this as a "gotcha, he mad" if you're so inclined. I'll just sign off by pointing out that I'm not the one triggered by something that happened four years ago.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:42 PM   #974
The Insider

Dozier trying to lose the game in the first inning with his defense.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:44 PM   #975
The Insider

And Texas hits a 3 run homer when the inning should have been over.