Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

New Conference re-alignment thread

The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #9571
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
USF fans are taking it pretty hard that UCF has left them in the dust.
I really don’t know what to think.

It will be a lot more clear if they sign or GoR or not.

It’s still possible in a year or two other conferences extended invites to the remaining 8(or at least 5-7 of them). They aren’t doing their negotiations yet. Their rights are up in 24(and Big12 in 25). There’s time. TCU was set to join the Big East(as was Iowa State) until they got the Big12 invite and the Big12 ended up surviving and Big East went away from football.

If conferences don’t expand, I think the Big12 does. Maybe adds Memphis and Boise St.

I really think Amazon is going to become a player and overpay for the Big12 if it stays together. That will open the door to other conferences in the future. They already have NFL Thursday Night Football, and are trying to get Sunday Ticket. The more football fans for them the better. They can also advertise said schools products, which I’ve been guilty of seeing a slick Chiefs or Cyclones item and buying.

My source said(about a month ago) than Amazon is interested in a 14-16 team Big12, and media footprint doesn’t matter to them. They want the large alumni base, avid fans, and more people seeing their ads and buying products from them. They also have triple the money of Disney/ESPN(who disney is already thinking about getting rid of).

It’s going to be an interesting next few years.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-05-2021, 03:37 PM   #9572
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
USF fans are taking it pretty hard that UCF has left them in the dust.
Do you want frost back?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:03 PM   #9573
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
I really don’t know what to think.

It will be a lot more clear if they sign or GoR or not.

It’s still possible in a year or two other conferences extended invites to the remaining 8(or at least 5-7 of them). They aren’t doing their negotiations yet. Their rights are up in 24(and Big12 in 25). There’s time. TCU was set to join the Big East(as was Iowa State) until they got the Big12 invite and the Big12 ended up surviving and Big East went away from football.

If conferences don’t expand, I think the Big12 does. Maybe adds Memphis and Boise St.

I really think Amazon is going to become a player and overpay for the Big12 if it stays together. That will open the door to other conferences in the future. They already have NFL Thursday Night Football, and are trying to get Sunday Ticket. The more football fans for them the better. They can also advertise said schools products, which I’ve been guilty of seeing a slick Chiefs or Cyclones item and buying.

My source said(about a month ago) than Amazon is interested in a 14-16 team Big12, and media footprint doesn’t matter to them. They want the large alumni base, avid fans, and more people seeing their ads and buying products from them. They also have triple the money of Disney/ESPN(who disney is already thinking about getting rid of).

It’s going to be an interesting next few years.

If Amazon wanted that, why not do it with PAC? Their deal expires same time ours does, 2024. They have way better brands and superior markets. Plus Amazon is a West-coast high tech brand associates with those programs.

And I’m aware their sports suck (5 of the 6 North teams lost yesterday and Oregon survived at the end vs SDSU).
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #9574
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
If Amazon wanted that, why not do it with PAC? Their deal expires same time ours does, 2024. They have way better brands and superior markets. Plus Amazon is a West-coast high tech brand associates with those programs.

And I’m aware their sports suck (5 of the 6 North teams lost yesterday and Oregon survived at the end vs SDSU).
Maybe they reached out to the PAC as well, I don’t know. All I know is they have reached out to the Big12. They have the money to do both and more if they wanted.

I’m assuming going to Amazon has some risk, and at this point the Big12 may have to take some risks.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #9575
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Or let kids do whatever the **** they want and don't try to gatekeep fun
There was a running joke around here years ago... "The Algorithm" to determining whether it was okay for fans to storm.

I've always thought it was a weird flex, whether it's Kansas football or how Kansas BB aren't supposed to ever do it, or i KU fans making fun of KSU fans doing it in the octagon, etc.

One week people are flexing fandom because people in SoCal don't care to show up to sports, then the next week we're flexing because the Kansas fans who did show up had too much fun.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #9576
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
I suck at teh intranets.
Bearcat
01-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Okay, KSU fans... of course, I hope you don't have to consult it, but here's your piece of the court storming algorithm if the Wildcats win...

// If it's a true home game for Kansas State...
if (homeTeam == KansasState) && (homeCourt == OctagonOfDoom)

// ...and they're playing Kansas
if (opponent == Kansas)

// If Kansas is in the top 5...
if (opponentRank < 5)

// ...and Kansas State is not in the Top 25...
if (homeTeamRank > 25)

//... it's obvious what you've got to do.
return(STORMTHEF***INGCOURT);

// But, if Kansas State is also in the top 25, it's a bit more complicated
else

// If the bookstore could use some help...
if (currYrDVDSales < prevYrDVDSales)

// ...it's the perfect ending to your DVD, to Aerosmith's Dream On
// Just tell the Beakers it was an emotional game, blah blah...
return(STORMTHEF***INGCOURT);

// If KSU pulls a Chalmers...
else if (lastHomeShot == miracle3)

// ...congrats, you just won your Super Bowl!
// Again, it was emotional, blah blah
return (STORMTHEF***INGCOURT);

// If you overcame Kansas and the refs...
else if (refs = Kansas8on5)

//Go ahead, but have some people boo the court storming
//to make it look like the majority of fans expected to win.
return (STORMTHEF***INGCOURT);

// If it's a blow out --- THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN
else if (marginOfVictory > 20)

//Tell people it was expected, you Arrogant Asshole K-State fans...
return (GoHome);

// If nothing else, talk classy; you let the players celebrate alone,
//you expected to win, it's just another tough B12 game, etc.
else

return(GoHome);

Holy crap.. 2010
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:01 AM   #9577
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
Holy crap.. 2010
No idea why NASA never called back, given those programming skills.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:13 AM   #9578
The talking stonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
There was a running joke around here years ago... "The Algorithm" to determining whether it was okay for fans to storm.

I've always thought it was a weird flex, whether it's Kansas football or how Kansas BB aren't supposed to ever do it, or i KU fans making fun of KSU fans doing it in the octagon, etc.

One week people are flexing fandom because people in SoCal don't care to show up to sports, then the next week we're flexing because the Kansas fans who did show up had too much fun.

Generally speaking it’s a pretty easy algorithm to follow when it’s an FBS vs FCS matchup. I don’t think anyone can think of another FBS school to storm the field against an FCS opponent and Kansas fans have now done it twice.

Maybe an FCS move would be the smart thing for them in the long run with all this realignment focusing on football programs.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:05 PM   #9579
**** That Noise

And Kansas thinks they are going to the B1G.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:06 PM   #9580
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

No chance.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #9581
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
I don't believe this for 1 bit nor do I wish for it to be true!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #9582
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
No chance.
i would bet a lot of money that KU ends up in a different conference. Most likely the BIG
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #9583
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
They are.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:29 PM   #9584
MVP

Quote:
It's gonna take a while but yeah
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #9585
In Search of a Life

They are taking extra time to put glitter allover the invite since they like art and shit.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote