Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #916
Starter

I mean how can you get mad at Reek. 4 years 120 mil Januaries off and you live in Florida. Pretty good gig.
bigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbigdaddychieffan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:39 PM   #917
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Just like any team now. Nothing special.
Mahomes Kelce and Hill are what made us "The Chiefs" that teams feared.

Mahomes and Kelce is far less formidable without Hill.

Kelce is going to get ****ing mugged next year worse than usual.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #918
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Oh I 100% agree. I expected him to want to be paid as the top WR. I thought we'd give it to him.

Trading a guy that just turned 28 three weeks ago because you don't want to pay him market value just doesn't make sense to me. We all predicted he'd be making Davante Adams money and rightfully so. And yet no one talked about trading him until after the fact. Just reeks of copium.
Show me anybody saying we should pay Tyreek 30M per.

I’ll wait…
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #919
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Tyreek is a top 15 player in the NFL in his prime.

Trading a guy like that away is a very not ideal thing to do.

It's a thing that tanking teams who don't have championship aspirations do. Not ones supposedly in the middle of a Super Bowl window.
I believe the Packers did precisely that.

And when they did I said "hey, if Adams were a free agent I wouldn't want to give him that contract. I damn sure wouldn't want to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick for the privilege of doing so..."

And now we're on the Packers side of the equation. An equation I said at the time I wouldn't have a problem being on.

So why am I going to pretend I suddenly find this unpalatable?

Again - life is simpler if you operate from a set of rules that AREN'T based on the people making the decisions but rather a philosophy that guides the decision-making.

This ain't hard.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #920
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Yeah. The Patriots only won several SB's by doing exactly that.
Name a player as good as Tyreek that New England traded away in their prime.

I mean top 10 in the league hall of fame caliber player.

Not some fringe pro bowler.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #921
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
20 million a year is probably enough to take care of a family plus what he already had amassed. If you’re not living comfortably off 20 million you certainly won’t be off 30. Ask Nic cage. You have some serious issues with your decisions if that is the case.
Leave it to the people bringing in 50k to question a player accepting $10M/yr more.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #922
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Gonna lose Jones next year in all probability anyway.

So here's something I think few are considering - the QB market is INSANE. Since Mahomes signed his deal people have said "hey, we'll just keep kicking the can and in 5 years when that cap number hits $50 million we'll just renegotiate...."

What if we....didn't. Because I've got a sneaking suspicion that if we stop kicking that can and just let that deal stand as written, it'll be a screaming bargain now until it expires. And then we're under pressure to come back to the table as QBs contracts start to push north of $50+ million in annual guarantees.

We can consider that sort of thing if we DON'T go balls to the wall trying to retain Hill. Or if we move on from Jones when it's pretty obvious that he's not worth a $27 cap charge.

We just have to be much MUCH smarter in how we're doing things. And this is, in many ways, a positive sign. We've seen it all off-season. We were in on Smith until his market got stupid and we pulled the chute. Then it got more stupid somehow. We sat down with Hill and tried to get something done but when he decided he wanted to set records, we said no mas.

We got JuJu on dick in guarantees. We got Reid at 60% what Mathieu was demanding.

Now I do wish we'd have gone ahead and re-signed Ward now, but I don't think this was Veach's plan when a decision point came on Ward.

This all demonstrates that Veach is past his "hold the paddle up until you win" approach of the last 4 years. And that approach was disastrous long-term.
I get it and we all agree the way Veach went about it early on was the right decision because Pat was on a cheap rookie contract so they went all in to win it all.

I just don't believe in trading away generational\HOF players in their prime like this. That is why I agreed with whoever posted about the Colts keeping Manning, Harrison and James together and you fill in the pieces around them.

Listening to Petro right now and he is asking with Hill's cap space we sign Ronald Jones, Clowney and Marquez Valdes-Scantling and how good would that be.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #923
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Name a player as good as Tyreek that New England traded away in their prime.

I mean top 10 in the league hall of fame caliber player.

Not some fringe pro bowler.
Richard Seymour. The End.

Sit the **** down.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #924
Veteran

Veach has 12 draft picks and 30m.....its a GM wet dream
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #925
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Whoever bought that doesn't understand the cap.

But again - I did try to teach anyone that would listen...

The selling point of Mahomes 10 year deal is that it's a 10 year goddamn deal for the best player on the planet. Everything else is gravy.
I mean that assumes that he's a perfect soldier for the whole 10 years and never asks for a new deal. I doubt in 2026 when there are 6 QBs making more per year than him he's not going to want to come back to the table and demand a new deal.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #926
Veteran

I dont understand the Thuney contract conversion yesterday if we knew the Tyreek trade was all but final. Where are we at in cap space now? Veach clearly has a big move or two planned if he needed the Thuney cap space in addition to Tyreek trade, yes?
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #927
Molôn Labé

Yall are in the same boat as the Packers... QB has all the money and the Bigtime WR has to go.
R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.R8RFAN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #928
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I have to assume that he signed off on it. He gets the business aspect of this league and he was closer with Kelce.
I agree..I just think it would be interesting to hear his candid comments on it.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:43 PM   #929
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Richard Seymour. The End.

Sit the **** down.
Nope.

Richard Seymour hadn't made a pro bowl in 2 years when the Pats traded him. Not even close to as good or impactful as Tyreek is right now.

Try again.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #930
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nope.

Richard Seymour hadn't made a pro bowl in 2 years when the Pats traded him. Not even close to as good or impactful as Tyreek is right now.

Try again.
Pro Bowl? Get the **** out of here.

You're ****ing dumber than the 88 ****.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.