Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #886
MVP

That would be a great episode 8 out of a 10 episode season. **** them for that. It feels like when Yellow stone only dropped a half season. Pretty pissed with it really. Hard to trust them to deliver again after this turd and the end of GOT. Usually season 1 is a build up laying the foundation. They did that. Kind of sucked because we finally got some action and it was over. Season 2 you get a dragon battle in what episode 5? Then just kind of a dick tease 3 episdode season 3 trailer.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #887
In Search of a Life

There was supposed to be a battle at the end of this season that was left out because they want to extend this to 4 seasons. George was the one pushing for 4, so I guess I don't really have a problem with it

I guess it's easier not to be annoyed with the prick teasing when you know what's coming eventually.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #888
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
There was supposed to be a battle at the end of this season that was left out because they want to extend this to 4 seasons. George was the one pushing for 4, so I guess I don't really have a problem with it

I guess it's easier not to be annoyed with the prick teasing when you know what's coming eventually.
Listen man, Im mad when my wife has a headache. I'm mad when GRRM has one too. I NEED this action until football season starts.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 09:55 AM   #889
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I signed in expecting to talk about the amazing acting being dropped left and right in last night's episode. Just masterful performance after masterful performance...

This... was not what I expected, to say the least.

I'll say this before getting into spoiler-y stuff:

We can't, on one hand, universally revile and complain about the lack of characterization and "showing" in the latter seasons of Game of Thrones that led to people literally being shocked that Daenerys went bad (because the setup was light and only slightly hinted at) - not to mention all the people that foolishly gave their kids that Tragedeigh of a name only to discover she was a baddie - and then complain when that mistake is corrected in House of the Dragon. And now into spoiler-y stuff.

Spoiler!

Come at me if you want. I know I come at watching shows and movies with a writer's heart and mindset and sensibilities, so I'm more forgiving of time on exposition and storytelling than a lot of folks.

For me, at least, that was a home-run ending to this season, because the next two are gonna be just nuts... almost to the point of rushing with the amount of major events occurring, but they've all been set up and put in place by this one...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #890
Needs more middle fingers

Probably one of the most uneventful season endings in the GOT universe ever, but that's ok. Still a high quality show.

It was like, "Hey, you know that war we were building up to at the start of the season? Well, we're going to leave you on a cliffhanger that's STILL building up to that war".

Lol...ok, thanks guys....

Anyway...the Daemon character turn was nice. I did enjoy that.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #891
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Probably one of the most uneventful season endings in the GOT universe ever, but that's ok. Still a high quality show.

It was like, "Hey, you know that war we were building up to at the start of the season? Well, we're going to leave you on a cliffhanger that's STILL building up to that war".

For all the complaining about Daemon's storyline, his character had a full arc this season and he's probably the only one. I guess Alicent kind of did as well though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #892
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post

Yeah I did like what they did with Daemon.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #893
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I signed in expecting to talk about the amazing acting being dropped left and right in last night's episode. Just masterful performance after masterful performance...

This... was not what I expected, to say the least.

I'll say this before getting into spoiler-y stuff:

We can't, on one hand, universally revile and complain about the lack of characterization and "showing" in the latter seasons of Game of Thrones that led to people literally being shocked that Daenerys went bad (because the setup was light and only slightly hinted at) - not to mention all the people that foolishly gave their kids that Tragedeigh of a name only to discover she was a baddie - and then complain when that mistake is corrected in House of the Dragon. And now into spoiler-y stuff.

Spoiler!

Come at me if you want. I know I come at watching shows and movies with a writer's heart and mindset and sensibilities, so I'm more forgiving of time on exposition and storytelling than a lot of folks.

For me, at least, that was a home-run ending to this season, because the next two are gonna be just nuts... almost to the point of rushing with the amount of major events occurring, but they've all been set up and put in place by this one...
You can't do all of this build up all season for absolutely no payoff. There were some good parts, but God damn the Lannister scenes were completely ****ing stupid. The Alicent coming to talk to Rhaenyra stuff was ****ing stupid. Those 2 things took up way too much time and were just stupid.

Is Halaena hanging out with the 3 eyed Raven? She can see all this shit just like Bran was able to, but didn't decide to save her kid?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #894
You gotta kill a few people

Count me in the minority that didn’t mind. It certainly wasn’t as exciting as a typical season finale but I think the boring character development episodes of GoT are better than most others.

And it was finally a good come-about for Daemon. A couple episodes ago he would have jizzed himself hearing that guy say the other lords would declare for him. Of course, a couple episodes ago it would have actually mattered. He didn’t know it but his dream of being king died the moment Adam pulled up with Sea Smoke..

Even still, I think it was a cool turn of events that none of that mattered to him anyway. He saw what he needed to see to stop being such a selfish, sniveling little **** and I loved the line of his role just being a “part in the story”. The dude’s had a major case of Main Character Syndrome since S1E1.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #895
MONTANA #19

Also…Alicent Hightower-Targaryen for mother of the year: she schemed to get her son on the throne, then when times got tough, she agreed to sacrifice him and his brother so she could run away and live a normal life with her dingbat daughter with whom she has very little in common. She gets extra credit for keeping a secret side piece and another kid in Old Town that she hasn’t seen in years and only exists out of plot convenience. Did I miss anything?
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #896
sorta mod-ish

Speaking of Alicent......WTF is happening with Otto? Last we heard, IIRC, was that he was headed to Oldtown after Aegon went full reerun and made Cole the Hand, correct? Now he's in a cage? Who has him?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.