Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 11:32 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:42 PM   #76
MVP

I'm not so sure left or right tackle matters as much anymore. There are just as many stud pass rushers off the right as the blind side anymore.

I think we need to keep stocking the OT position, but I'd take either side. We know the Chiefs feel ok about Taylor at either side, and Morris played both in college. Take a kid early and figure it out in camp.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:11 PM   #77
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Whatever we need, Veach will get it done.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:22 PM   #78
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'm not so sure left or right tackle matters as much anymore. There are just as many stud pass rushers off the right as the blind side anymore.

I think we need to keep stocking the OT position, but I'd take either side. We know the Chiefs feel ok about Taylor at either side, and Morris played both in college. Take a kid early and figure it out in camp.
Gotta worry about the blind side more
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:23 PM   #79
In Search of a Life

I don’t think they want Taylor on the left
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM   #80
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Chiefs have met with Patrick Paul. Javon Foster is another name I'm keeping an eye on.
Javon Foster could be a mid round steal. I have seen him projected anywhere from 4th to 7th, but he is big, athletic, and from reading about him coaches think he is really smart and coachable.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:29 PM   #81
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
They clearly did, but Megatron doesn't watch games apparently.

Lol, again, it wasn't a criticism. It was merely a statement of fact. You should try to learn the difference.

In fact, if you go back and check, my worst criticism of Rice has been "well, he's a rook, he hasn't fully developed yet."

But it is a fact that most of Rice's touches were manufactured, an observed fact that was first brought to my attention by DJ, iirc. Which was subsequently echoed by more than one paid professional analyst on several sports media outlets, such as ESPN/NFLN.

Now I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but facts are facts. Now if you can produce actual concrete evidence that Rice did reverse that to a significant degree late in the season, I'd like to see that, but just watching a few games while under the influence isn't really reliable data.

What is true is that more than 70% of Rice's success was from the slot in his rookie year, and that a little more than halfway through the season Rice had only successfully beaten man coverage about 17% of the time, and that through the first 5-6 weeks of the season he was 0-10 in that scenario. All while rarely (if ever) being covered by the opposing team's best DB.

Now those are facts; but they aren't a projection of what I think he'll do in 2024. Obviously, I believe that he'll improve as his career goes on. My worst criticism of Rice proves that out. How fast and to what ultimate degree are the unknowns.

But pretending that Rice is more than he is, that he's now a legit top-tier WR just because you want that to be true, well, I'm not going there yet.

Especially after last season when a bunch of you were flaming me for having reservations about MVS/Toney/Moore all massively improving last offseason. As I said back then, I'll believe when I see it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 04:33 PM   #82
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
We only have 5 picks… we don’t have the ammunition to trade up
We have 5 draft picks that are ours along with 1 compensatory pick.

Plus any that we pick up from a possible Sneed trade which could be 2 more.

So that assumption is incorrect
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 04:33 PM   #83
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
We've always done that, and will always do that, so it's irrelevant. Nobody said shit when it was Tyreek.

All offenses will do it to some extent. That's not really the point.

Again, it wasn't a criticism, Chris. It was just an observation, one brought up by several others during the season before I ever did.

But it isn't irrelevant either. A WR that can't consistently win on his own merits is going to be limited; and we've had too many of those in the very recent past, and the offense has struggled because of it. Hopefully, Rice will advance his game above that limited level; I believe he's on his way in that regard. But again, I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinions either.

Have a nice day.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:35 PM   #84
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Yea, I'm running out of reason not to like him at this point.

I prefer guys like Worthy, Mitchell, and Coleman, but I wouldn't hate it.
I don't understand Coleman's 40 time. Watching him play, he absolutely looks like he runs close to 4.4. His game speed is definitely different.

I would love Coleman at 32. He has so much potential, and I think Mahomes could abuse teams once they get on the same page. I really want a WR who Pat can throw 50/50 balls because he knows it's more like 80/20 for his guy.

Mitchell blew me away with his time. I expected mid 4.4s. He is a great route runner, has decent releases, and is very athletic and can do a lot of different things from the WR position.

I know that Worthy isn't a big receiver, and I want a big receiver, but how in TF could we pass up that speed along with his production and his ability to return kicks?

As a side note, I think Worthy demonstrates how ridiculous Tyreek Hill is, because Worthy runs fast, Tyreek does every single thing faster than any WR probably ever. Hill is the quickest quick twitch athlete I have ever seen.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:39 PM   #85
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
We only have 5 picks… we don’t have the ammunition to trade up

Hmm. I was told we had 6 picks. Though I agree; we probably don't have the ammo to trade up very high.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:42 PM   #86
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Trade Sneed and package a future 1st rounder if needed. Go after the 3 peat and take adgantage of this loaded draft at our two biggest positions of weakness.
So, one good point from this post is mentioning the 3-peat.

Obviously, in the SB era, no team has won 3 in a row.

Maybe selling out in an effort to win it again this year should be more acceptable.

I would rather complain in a couple of years about having no draft picks, because we won 3 in a row, than play it safe and hope this 11-6 team can do it again with minimal additions.

I will always believe in Mahomes. I said if we won the SB it would be because he dragged this team to the title by force of will, and I believe no matter how great the defense played, we won because Mahomes is our QB.

But, why not swing for the fences in pursuit of immortality?

Last edited by ChiefsFanatic; 03-03-2024 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-03-2024, 04:42 PM   #87
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Rice
McConkey
Mooney
Hardman
Watson/Moore/Toney (whichever guy Veach takes a chance on)
Late Round Pick

That could be our WR room. Thoughts?
Looks like an unlikely pipe dream. Watson, Moore and Toney will all most likely be here.
After winning a SB with this team it is not likely that they are going to dump top draft pick and middle to expensive contract at WR.
Rice
Draft pick
Watson
Moore
Toney

Last edited by Chief Roundup; 03-03-2024 at 04:48 PM..
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:44 PM   #88
DeadPunisher

Quote:
"Most of his touches were manufactured"

Yea, and most of his yards were earned after the catch, where he led the league.
He led all rookies in YAC.

He was 3rd in the NFL behind Lamb and Brown from Detroit.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:47 PM   #89
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I’m down and then go all in on Brandon Aiyuk!!!!
Why? He and Rice are the same receiver. I would rather add a different skill set to the receivers room.

So, why BA?
Old 03-03-2024, 04:48 PM   #90
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Hmm. I was told we had 6 picks. Though I agree; we probably don't have the ammo to trade up very high.
See my note just a little above yours...we do have 6...plus any we might pick up from a Sneed trade.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.