Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Chiefs defender of all time?
Derrick Thomas 97 76.38%
Chris Jones 8 6.30%
Anybody else 22 17.32%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2023, 01:18 AM  
SuperBowl or bust

Your favorite Chiefs defender of all time is….

Poll incoming

I think there’s a new Sheriff in town, boys.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:30 PM   #76
Veteran

Favourite Chiefs defender you ask...

Nick Wright

Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:37 PM   #77
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Favourite Chiefs defender you ask...

Nick Wright

mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:42 PM   #78
Veteran

Hey womble. Nick wright also says all chiefs fans remember the playoff loss to the Titans for Marcus Mariota fumbling to himself and that's what made it a tough loss. You can tell he is full of shit. That was the forward progress sack fumble game where Triplette retired after ensuring the Chief TD would not count and we would not be allowed to win.

Whatever that Nick wright says is impressive cause it's said through a ball gag.

He misrepresents us. As do you, you UK glory chaser.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:00 PM   #79
The Lurkiest

DT for me me but Jared Allen was always fun to watch. If he could have rode a horse into the stadium towing a cooler full of beer he would have done it.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 06:15 PM   #80
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Agreed and Hali may be my favorite modern-era Chief defender so far. I just meant Houston became one of the disgruntled. Quit playing hard when he found that the front office had had enough and wouldn't meet his salary demands.
Huh? When did any of this happen?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:20 PM   #81
Mahomes Fanboi

I voted DT, but it would prob be DJ. Such a classy human while being a badass.

Def NOT Chris Jones.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:07 PM   #82
SuperBowl or bust

I’m really surprised Jones didn’t get lire votes. I thought he would get 30-40% of the total vote. Especially after the last few years in regular and post season. We don’t win either title without him.

I’ll always love DT. He and Okoye are the reasons I chose to be a fan…but the way CJ has lead that defense and wrecked game plans the last few years is on par with the impact DT gave those 90s defenses.

I think Chris Jones is a better overall defender now than Derrick Thomas was and he has a similar charisma.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:16 PM   #83
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Bobby Bell - maybe the greatest Chiefs Athlete of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Bobby Bell was the best with DT next
I feel embarrassed and ashamed I forgot him. Mea Culpa.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:17 PM   #84
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
DT was so special to watch.

Not even close.
He was a sack machine and a run liability. That's why I didn't have him in top 3.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:18 PM   #85
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic View Post
While KC has has plenty of VERY good players on that side of the ball. Only one had the ability to disrupt the opponent so much that they has to gameplan around him. And that would be the none other than Derrick Vincent Thomas.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Buck Buchanan
3. Willie Lanier
4. Bobby Bell
5. Emmitt Thomas
6. Deron Cherry
7. Chris Jones
8. Neil Smith
9. Derrick Johnson
10. Dan Saleaumua
Strong list
Old 06-16-2023, 09:20 PM   #86
Politically Incorrect

I think seeing the Chiefs from the 70's gives a whole different perspective than from mid 90's.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:21 PM   #87
Politically Incorrect

For the young guys who never saw Willie Lanier, you missed something really special.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 09:21 PM   #88
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I’m really surprised Jones didn’t get lire votes. I thought he would get 30-40% of the total vote. Especially after the last few years in regular and post season. We don’t win either title without him.

I’ll always love DT. He and Okoye are the reasons I chose to be a fan…but the way CJ has lead that defense and wrecked game plans the last few years is on par with the impact DT gave those 90s defenses.

I think Chris Jones is a better overall defender now than Derrick Thomas was and he has a similar charisma.
I've long had the theory that some players get into the pantheon of legend, and they're impossible or nearly impossible to knock out. It's just not done. It's sacrilege to place someone else over the top of them.

In the NFL, you've got classic legends like Red Grange and Bronko Nagurski who will live forever. And in the more modern game there are guys like Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders and Jim Brown who get the same treatment. It's generally guys who were memorable both in production and in style, and they also blew away the legends before them.

Derrick Thomas didn't quite reach that level in the NFL, but he definitely reached it with the Chiefs. He produced at a high level and his style was unique and memorable, and he climbed onto the pedestal before Chris Jones was around, so he's going to be really hard to knock off of the pedestal. That's no slight against Chris Jones, who is unquestionably great, but he has to soundly beat DT to claim the crown. Anything close to a tie will go to DT.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:32 PM   #89
Trippin' BAWLZ

Tamba Hali or DT

(Honorable Mention : Brandon Flowers, always liked that guy)
DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.DaNewGuy 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:34 PM   #90
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've long had the theory that some players get into the pantheon of legend, and they're impossible or nearly impossible to knock out. It's just not done. It's sacrilege to place someone else over the top of them.

In the NFL, you've got classic legends like Red Grange and Bronko Nagurski who will live forever. And in the more modern game there are guys like Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders and Jim Brown who get the same treatment. It's generally guys who were memorable both in production and in style, and they also blew away the legends before them.

Derrick Thomas didn't quite reach that level in the NFL, but he definitely reached it with the Chiefs. He produced at a high level and his style was unique and memorable, and he climbed onto the pedestal before Chris Jones was around, so he's going to be really hard to knock off of the pedestal. That's no slight against Chris Jones, who is unquestionably great, but he has to soundly beat DT to claim the crown. Anything close to a tie will go to DT.
There’s a lot of truth to this. A large portion of the level of love we have for him was not just that he was incredible at rushing the passer, but he also never put on a different NFL jersey and died so early.

Or maybe the memory of his impact in my eyes has faded and Jones impact is fresh so I’m not equating them fairly for those reasons, at least partially.

It will be interesting to see if he re-signs to finish his career in KC. If he stays and has 4 good years, this poll will be fun to read back on.