Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2023, 03:18 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Discussion: Who should we consider for our first rd pick?

It’s that time fellas! Little over 3 weeks out and it’s in our house!

I’ll put 2 options here.

1. Who do we pick if we sign a vet WR (Hopkins?) before the draft.

2 who do we pick if we don’t sign anyone else before the draft.

Who ya got?

Last edited by RunKC; 04-21-2023 at 10:58 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 06:57 AM   #76
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Yeah, I don't hate the player or anything, just not sure about the fit. But if you project him as a 'joker' wild-card kind of offensive weapon I could see Andy getting excited.

I really feel like we need either a high upside burner to improve/replace MVS in '24 or a true 'X', bigger, more physical type to do the Watkins thing. If Toney's your Hill guy and Skyy's your slot guy.
Yeah, I don't wanna pigeon hole Toney as a gadget type guy, I think he can be a really good down field guy with the way he can track the ball. They need a bigger possession type guy to take some stress off Kelce IMO, but that may be tougher to get.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:02 AM   #77
MVP

Personally, I am hopeful that the chiefs will hit the trenches with their first three picks. But no matter what, I will be stoked. In Veach we trust.

We have gaping holes at, in order of importance and in my humble opinion:
DT, more 1 tech than 3 tech
EDGE, more weakside than strong
OT, either side will do.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:03 AM   #78
In Search of a Life

DT isn't being talked about enough IMO. We need bodies in there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:35 AM   #79
MVP

ESPN'S take on Chiefs Draft Needs:

Kansas City Chiefs
Top needs: WR, DT, DE, TE, RT

The Chiefs won a Super Bowl without a 1,000-yard wide receiver, but that's not a strategy worth trying again. General manager Brett Veach has to add a pass-catcher at some point early in the draft, especially because JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman signed elsewhere. And considering 34-year-old Travis Kelce's importance in this offense, it would be smart to invest an early selection in finding his eventual replacement at tight end -- even if that means in the first round.

The team likes Lucas Niang at right tackle, but health has been an issue, and he's untested; adding depth behind him is a savvy move. On defense, DT Chris Jones was unstoppable last year, but a boost beside him is needed. The same could be said for the spot opposite George Karlaftis at defensive end, depending on where free agent signee Charles Omenihu lines up. -- Miller
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:36 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
DT isn't being talked about enough IMO. We need bodies in there.
Mazi Smith feels like the pick to me.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-05-2023 at 07:46 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:42 AM   #81
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs won a Super Bowl without a 1,000-yard wide receiver, but that's not a strategy worth trying again. General manager Brett Veach has to add a pass-catcher at some point early in the draft, especially because JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman signed elsewhere. And considering 34-year-old Travis Kelce's importance in this offense, it would be smart to invest an early selection in finding his eventual replacement at tight end -- even if that means in the first round.

The team likes Lucas Niang at right tackle, but health has been an issue, and he's untested; adding depth behind him is a savvy move. On defense, DT Chris Jones was unstoppable last year, but a boost beside him is needed. The same could be said for the spot opposite George Karlaftis at defensive end, depending on where free agent signee Charles Omenihu lines up. -- Miller
Absolutely agree with their priority list.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Taylor is the LT and they're going to give Niang every shot to lock down RT.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:43 AM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

Kansas City Chiefs

How about...

1. WR Hyatt
2. DE Foskey (He fell out of the 2nd on McShay's recent mock)
3. DT Dexter
4. TE LaPorta
4. OT Morris
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:49 AM   #83
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Absolutely agree with their priority list.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Taylor is the LT and they're going to give Niang every shot to lock down RT.
Absolutely.

I like some of these T prospects as much as the next guy, but with the rest of the squad being what it is, they need help elsewhere.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:04 AM   #84
In Search of a Life

Yeah, Mazi Smith at 31 seems to easy of a pick right?
Old 04-05-2023, 08:15 AM   #85
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, Mazi Smith at 31 seems to easy of a pick right?
Mazi Smith? At 31?

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:19 AM   #86
In Search of a Life

Why? He's going early 2nd and the Chiefs don't currently have much at DT and their best DT is on the last year of his contract.

It's a bit early for a 2 down guy, but with his athleticism I would think you'd see him develop into a 3 down player with some pass rush juice.

Daron Payne style player maybe. Or DJ Reader. Which would fit pretty nice.

Last edited by O.city; 04-05-2023 at 08:26 AM..
Old 04-05-2023, 09:50 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Why? He's going early 2nd and the Chiefs don't currently have much at DT and their best DT is on the last year of his contract.

It's a bit early for a 2 down guy, but with his athleticism I would think you'd see him develop into a 3 down player with some pass rush juice.

Daron Payne style player maybe. Or DJ Reader. Which would fit pretty nice.
Mazi just feels like a Chiefs to me.

He'd kill it next to CJ!

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-05-2023 at 10:02 AM..
Old 04-05-2023, 09:59 AM   #88
MVP

I just dont see the OT as a sure fire round one bet. They signed a guy to LT money and have a RT they drafted. Unless one of the really damn good guys falls, i'd expect Wanya or something later that needs a little polish. I just dont think Veach feels like they need a day 1 starter at left tackle. Listening to RGR and Dan or whatever is convinced were pigeonholed into a tackle in round 1 because we dont have a guy whos played left tackle. Maybe thats where this "have to" narrative is coming from.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:02 AM   #89
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I just dont see the OT as a sure fire round one bet. They signed a guy to LT money and have a RT they drafted. Unless one of the really damn good guys falls, i'd expect Wanya or something later that needs a little polish. I just dont think Veach feels like they need a day 1 starter at left tackle. Listening to RGR and Dan or whatever is convinced were pigeonholed into a tackle in round 1 because we dont have a guy whos played left tackle. Maybe thats where this "have to" narrative is coming from.
It is.

It's just people that are second-guessing Veach. They obviously intend to play Taylor at LT.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:21 AM   #90
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Those 2 are putting the value of the draft at T and DE where the Chiefs are picking at 31. I don't entirely disagree with their view on the value if the draft falls as most anticipate, but it more than likely won't. If there's a run on QB's in the first that changes thing, its going to push high rated players down towards a Chiefs trade up striking distance.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote