Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #841
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
To close to clitoris.

At least it’s not Craphonso
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:50 PM   #842
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You know, maybe we'd stop going on about the $15M if somebody - ANYBODY - could provide a realistic scenario where the Chiefs could absorb that cap hit.

So far, it's a whole lot of "restructure Matthieu" which has been discussed for MONTHS and still hasn't happened.

Show us a way to REALISTICALLY acquire Julio Jones and maybe we'll acquiesce. But as of right now, nobody has demonstrated a realistic scenario where the Chiefs can make that deal.
Pretty sure I did here: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=518

You could skirt around the Butker piece whichever way and just work with Clark and Julio.

It's really not that dramatic to make it happen. The dramatic, like I've said, is truly in what it would take in terms of draft capital. I'll say it again, more than a 3rd is foolish.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #843
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You're talking about last year again. I'm talking about the bonus conversion he just did.

Why would you be talking about that? That makes no sense.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:15 PM   #844
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Pretty sure I did here: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=518

You could skirt around the Butker piece whichever way and just work with Clark and Julio.

It's really not that dramatic to make it happen. The dramatic, like I've said, is truly in what it would take in terms of draft capital. I'll say it again, more than a 3rd is foolish.
Htismaqe doesn't understand the first thing about maneuvering the cap. Dont even bother. I'd bet my bottom dollar if Julio goes to a legit contender they will also restructure his deal (as you outlined perfectly). Same amount guaranteed to his back pocket they will simply lower the cap hit year 1 and transfer a bit of that money into year 2 and 3 when the cap is expected to rise north of $200 million.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:21 PM   #845
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverMoron View Post
Htismaqe doesn't understand the first thing about maneuvering the cap.

So much ****ing fail in all of your posts
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #846
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Do you really want to see Frank Clark extended for 3 years so that the Chiefs can give up a 3rd round pick and $15 million per for Julio Jones?

That is a recipe for disaster.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:33 PM   #847
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

So much ****ing fail in all of your posts
Please...enlighten us all...how was that post a fail? When Julio is traded his deal will be restructured. Period. Do you disagree? Your boy over there just continually says OVER and OVER the deal isn't possible from a financial perspective which couldn't be further from the truth. You don't want to give up the draft capital? Fine - I understand. Just please stop acting like you understand the cap when you very clearly do not.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #848
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Please...enlighten us all...how was that post a fail? When Julio is traded his deal will be restructured. Period.
Why? Why would Jones give up money voluntarily?

Are you like 12 years old?

Quote:
Do you disagree? Your boy over there just continually says OVER and OVER the deal isn't possible from a financial perspective which couldn't be further from the truth. You don't want to give up the draft capital? Fine - I understand. Just please stop acting like you understand the cap when you very clearly do not.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #849
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

151 Malibu rum & pineapple juice
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #850
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

How is restructuring "giving up money"?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:43 PM   #851
Veteran

Quote:

Holy Shit! Do you not know what a restructure means? Let me spell it out for you as CLEARLY as possible. Julio gets the same amount of money. THE.EXACT.SAME.AMOUNT. The team that trades for him simply shifts that money around over a certain time period to best suit their current and future needs/plans.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:48 PM   #852
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
How is restructuring "giving up money"?
What makes you think that Julio Jones is open to making ANY changes to his contract?
Old 05-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #853
Supporter

Quote:
Holy Shit! Do you not know what a restructure means? Let me spell it out for you as CLEARLY as possible. Julio gets the same amount of money. THE.EXACT.SAME.AMOUNT. The team that trades for him simply shifts that money around over a certain time period to best suit their current and future needs/plans.
I know what restructure means, you mouthy little ****.

Jones is under contract. He is under NO obligation to restructure or agree to an extension of ANY kind.

The Chiefs approached Justin Houston about restructuring in 2019. He refused and was cut.

The Chiefs approached Ty Hill this offseason about restructuring. He refused.

Players don't restructure out of the goodness of their hearts, dumbass.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:51 PM   #854
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
What makes you think that Julio Jones is open to making ANY changes to his contract?
Most restructures are automatic and even if they're not, they're welcome by players because they get the money immediately.

Why if Julio was traded here, would he refuse a restructure?
Old 05-25-2021, 08:52 PM   #855
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
I know what restructure means, you mouthy little ****.

Jones is under contract. He is under NO obligation to restructure or agree to an extension of ANY kind.

The Chiefs approached Justin Houston about restructuring in 2019. He refused and was cut.

The Chiefs approached Ty Hill this offseason about restructuring. He refused.

Players don't restructure out of the goodness of their hearts, dumbass.
Justin Houston was asked to take a pay cut. Not a restructure.