Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #826
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
It seems this thread is at a standstill. The Julio detractors just keep repeating 15 million and make him out to be a broke dick.

Please close the thread- there is no hope. Chargers will sign him. Julio will put up 1500 yards and they will win the Super Bowl. Season is over.
WHAT!? But we're only 174 posts away from signing this POS!?!?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #827
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I think you've pretty much nailed the ZOPA.

Julio says he wants to play for a winner though. I think that's a key factor most are overlooking when they talk about possible destinations on TV. He already said live on air ~"He knows not to go to Dallas" [if he wants to win]. I think SF, TEN, IND, LAC are all out due to either a young or lame duck QB. CLE and ARZ aren't winners. Top destinations to win? KC, GB, BAL, BUF and NE but the Patriots also fall into the first category, BUF hasn't been tied to interest, BAL already tried and I'm not sure Julio would love that offense. Between KC and GB, which is known to be the more aggressive front office?

After this recent 40 yards dash stunt, I think it would be a 2nd or 3rd + Mecole.
KC hasn't been mentioned either. Don't forget that.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #828
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
It seems this thread is at a standstill. The Julio detractors just keep repeating 15 million and make him out to be a broke dick.

Please close the thread- there is no hope. Chargers will sign him. Julio will put up 1500 yards and they will win the Super Bowl. Season is over.
You know, maybe we'd stop going on about the $15M if somebody - ANYBODY - could provide a realistic scenario where the Chiefs could absorb that cap hit.

So far, it's a whole lot of "restructure Matthieu" which has been discussed for MONTHS and still hasn't happened.

Show us a way to REALISTICALLY acquire Julio Jones and maybe we'll acquiesce. But as of right now, nobody has demonstrated a realistic scenario where the Chiefs can make that deal.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:18 PM   #829
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You know, maybe we'd stop going on about the $15M if somebody - ANYBODY - could provide a realistic scenario where the Chiefs could absorb that cap hit.

So far, it's a whole lot of "restructure Matthieu" which has been discussed for MONTHS and still hasn't happened.

Show us a way to REALISTICALLY acquire Julio Jones and maybe we'll acquiesce. But as of right now, nobody has demonstrated a realistic scenario where the Chiefs can make that deal.
You are taking this Julio thing way too seriously. It is fun to talk about- adding one of the Best Wr's in the NFL to this offense, but some have decided to keep shouting everyone down repeating the Same Thing 15 million times.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #830
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Good evening fellow fans of the Kansas City Football Chiefs. Has Brandon Vitch yet traded for Quintorris Lopez Jones Jr. to play the Wide Receiver position? Thanks in advance!
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 PM   #831
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
After this recent 40 yards dash stunt, I think it would be a 2nd or 3rd + Mecole.

If Brett Veach traded a 2nd round pick plus Mecole Hardman for Jones, he should be fired on the spot.

Holy ****ing shit is that a stupid idea, especially when every reporter out there thinks the Falcons will be lucky to get a late 2nd for Jones.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:40 PM   #832
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I’d like to get Breath Meentz’ fresh perspective on the Who Leo situation.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #833
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
I’d like to get Breath Meentz’ fresh perspective on the Who Leo situation.
I wish SR would come back. He was Facebook friends with Burt.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #834
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
What? He literally threatened to sit out Leveon Bell style a week or 2 before signing
You're talking about last year again. I'm talking about the bonus conversion he just did.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #835
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
You are taking this Julio thing way too seriously. It is fun to talk about- adding one of the Best Wr's in the NFL to this offense, but some have decided to keep shouting everyone down repeating the Same Thing 15 million times.

You think the people here that want Julio Jones are just joking around?

If the people that say the cost is too high are shouting everyone down, what are the people that continue to say those people are idiots, even when they can't provide one realistic way that Jones could be acquired.

Just stop while you're ahead.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #836
Veteran

We’re currently dealing with a surplus of interior OL that may be valuable. I’d be completely on board for Wylie or LDT and a 3rd for Julio.
ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ChiefAshhole1056 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 View Post
We’re currently dealing with a surplus of interior OL that may be valuable. I’d be completely on board for Wylie or LDT and a 3rd for Julio.
No team but the Chiefs would employ Wylie. And no team would value LDT enough to be a significant piece in a trade.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:17 PM   #838
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Good evening fellow fans of the Kansas City Football Chiefs. Has Brandon Vitch yet traded for Quintorris Lopez Jones Jr. to play the Wide Receiver position? Thanks in advance!
Holy shit. That's his real name lol. I had no idea. He should go by that instead. Quintorris sounds WAY cooler than Julio.
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:28 PM   #839
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Holy shit. That's his real name lol. I had no idea. He should go by that instead. Quintorris sounds WAY cooler than Julio.
To close to clitoris.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM   #840
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

Most people don’t perceive it as fun because in order for it to be fun there has to be a sliver of possibility that it actually could happen.

The Mathieu extension is the only way at the moment and until I hear news about it actually taking place, no, there is no realism. Therefore, it’s not fun. Call that being shouted down if you want, but it’s just the otter side of the debate. Circle jerks around prospective acquisitions only last so long
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.