Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 06:16 AM   #75976
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

It's Monday morning. Hope all the DonkTards will show up to "Talk Football" like they were when they were winning their preseason title.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #75977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Genuinely a bit shocked at the state of the rest of the Broncos roster, though. I mean, it's ****ing DIRE. By my count there's two players I'd be genuinely happy to plug into the Chiefs roster and that's Surtain and Meinerz.

There's not a single skill position player that looks to have any sort of talent worth building around currently. Now, Williams deserves an asterisk because of the knee injury seemingly robbing him of his top end abilities, but there's no excuse for the rest.

Defensively I don't even know what the **** y'all are doing. It's a mish mash of a bunch of ideal tertiary pieces asked to play way above their station and Pat Surtain, all being coached by *checks notes* Vance Joseph.

Some of that is to be expected given the capital you've spent for Wilson and Payton, but there have been other teams that made the same type of errors (looking at you, 49ers and Browns) that still have a relatively high talent level overall. The Broncos, not so much.
Nailed it! They dont have the roster to hang wirh teams the whole game / season. Wonder if the dead money and picks they lost for Wilson would have helped?

Oh Manchumbo... just one more reason why I picked them to go 6 -11 this season - 2 games worse than last year Get it now???

Last edited by TEX; Today at 06:36 AM..
Old Today, 06:32 AM   #75978
Special Teams ACE!!!

Tell me again why you guys cut Justin Simmons? I mean, the obvious answer is the front office wanted a tank season, but I know I won't get that admission from any of you, so let's hear the better answer.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:40 AM   #75979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
An apology to you? Good luck with all that..

That was a train wreck in SEA, will be interesting to see how they react this next week vs PIT.
Naw, it was expected. Honestly, I really did think Nix was going to look as bad as he did. It was his very first game, on the road, in a hostile environment. Seattle took the underneath stuff away, and he was forced to do what he's not good at, which is throw downfield.

The train wreck is coming next week, if they lose at home to Pitt. Especially if Wilson is starting. Ill laugh harder than I did when Hackett and the Jets beat you guys at home last year.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #75980
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You guys start these narratives that really have nothing to do with reality. And over time, you convince yourselves that they're true.

"You guys were crowning yourselves preseason champions!"

Uh, no - no, we weren't. I believe QJ made a comment about 1st-team Preseason All-Pro. He was immediately widely mocked for having said that - by Chiefs fans and Broncos fans alike.

To illustrate my point, I'll point you to a comment I made today in the game thread on the Huddle - a comment that was me making light of the concept. Here is the comment.

No real Broncos fan ever said anything like that with a straight face. But it will heretofore be a part of ChiefsPlanet lore. "Remember that year they were all expecting a trophy for winning the Preseason?"

That kind of thing is an embarrassing reflection on this place. It's why I will occasionally make the observation that trying to have any sincere discussion here, other than with the rare poster or two that are reasonable (notorious, Megatron, sometimes NWO, Simply Red, and DaFace are some examples), is a complete waste of time. You guys get yourselves a big, ol' circle jerk going about something, the actual truth or reality be damned.
Blah blah ****ing blah, nobody is reading all that

Just remember to keep coming back so we can kick you when you're down. That's all the donks and their fans are good for anymore
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #75981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Blah blah ****ing blah, nobody is reading all that

Just remember to keep coming back so we can kick you when you're down. That's all the donks and their fans are good for anymore
Very well said sir!
Old Today, 06:49 AM   #75982
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
Broncos fans, in all seriousness, why in the heck are you here on a Chiefs board with optimism/defending your team?

I've never posted on an opposing board, but moreso I can not remotely fathom doing so during the darkest times in KC history, pre-Reid, aka the Broncos for the last several seasons and many more to come.

I was still here, don't get me wrong, but it was suffering, and rooting every day for people to get fired and massive roster overhauls to take place. You guys like to fluff up having a good ... cornerback. And overdrafting a 43-year-old rookie QB with less arm talent than Nick Vujicic. I seriously don't get it.
They're here because they STILL believe.

They think they're gonna turn it around. They think Pix might actually be the guy. And they need to build up some face time so if those unlikely events happen they can come in here and crow and we won't be able to say they never came around.

You've got the complete pussy donk fans like KramsRectum that run and hide from this place, but these other guys still keep showing up to take their licks; thinking they'll end sometime soon.

But they won't.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:50 AM   #75983
offense > defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
An apology to you? Good luck with all that..

That was a train wreck in SEA, will be interesting to see how they react this next week vs PIT.
It will?

I can spoil that in advance for you. TJ Watt is gonna have Nix throwing even shorter yardage, ugly passes than yesterday, if that's somehow possible.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #75984
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Naw, it was expected. Honestly, I really did think Nix was going to look as bad as he did. It was his very first game, on the road, in a hostile environment. Seattle took the underneath stuff away, and he was forced to do what he's not good at, which is throw downfield.

The train wreck is coming next week, if they lose at home to Pitt. Especially if Wilson is starting. Ill laugh harder than I did when Hackett and the Jets beat you guys at home last year.
I saw a path where he could dink and dunk his way to a 200 yard day with a cheap TD to fluff the statline.

Worried for nothing it appears.
Old Today, 06:53 AM   #75985
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
It will?

I can spoil that in advance for you. TJ Watt is gonna have Nix throwing even shorter yardage, ugly passes than yesterday, if that's somehow possible.
I am very very excited to see him rape that line. I had the misfortune of watching a bunch of that ATL/Pitt game and their DL is good; mainly because TJ is unstoppable at times.

He's gonna end up being better than his brother
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #75986
SuperChiefs

Mo Pix is everything you could hope for in a first round qb....said no one ever.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:01 AM   #75987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I saw a path where he could dink and dunk his way to a 200 yard day with a cheap TD to fluff the statline.

Worried for nothing it appears.
Well, he did do that and fluffed the statline to 138 yards.
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #75988
GDT white noise poster

Perna is the only good thing about Broncos football

DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 07:27 AM   #75989
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

You aren't a dumb guy, so why deliberately say things that are dumb?

Let's do a two-question quiz.

Question 1) In this context, which of these two things do you suppose saying, "John Elway went 1/8 14yds in his first game" is intended to illustrate?

A) Bo Nix is going to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer; or
B) Judging a player's career by the results of his first start is foolish.

Question 2) Which group on this board is more likely to have ever compared Bo Nix to Alex Smith? (i.e. "Bo Nix is basically Alex Smith 2.0.")

A) Broncos fans
B) Chiefs fans
Yes, we drew the comparison to Smith, and 99% of you laughed as if it were an absurd insult. Like I said before, if it's an insulting comparison, it's insulting to Alex Smith. There are zero reasons to think Nix will have a better NFL career than Smith at this point.

Obviously I know you weren't claiming Nix will be as good as Elway. But the comparison is pointless and meaningless. Everyone who's followed football for more than 10 minutes knows there have been good quarterbacks who started out slowly. This isn't news to anyone. And it means jack in terms of Nix's potential. Of course it's possible that he'll have a great career. But is it likely? And if you're going to draw comparisons, you could at least compare to someone from a similar situation. Many college starts, old rookie, similar playing style/traits. Remember, he was supposed to be far more NFL-ready than most QBs. I don't think any of you anticipated a 3.3 average vs a mediocre/poor Seattle defense.

Let's be honest....the reason the current situation in Denver and KC irritates you so much is that, like many Broncos fans, you think Denver's entitled to success for some reason, and the Chiefs belong perpetually below them. But why? Denver was the worst franchise in the NFL for its first two decades, and one of the worst over the past decade. Mediocre over the last 25 years overall. You had several good years with Elway, and a few with Manning. That basically sums up the franchise. To date, Denver has never drafted and developed an above average QB. The organization's been run by clowns almost throughout its entire existence. Why do Denver fans think that success is an inevitability or a birthright?

Last edited by RaidersOftheCellar; Today at 07:49 AM..
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 07:33 AM   #75990
Bolton gonna knock you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote