Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM  
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Broncos news megathread

Discussion: All things Broncos.

Last edited by ROYC75; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Change Title, Please?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #75451
MVP

Quote:
Payton relayed a story about his final season in New Orleans, when he was followed home by a suspicious car after one late-night game-planning session. In the early morning hours along the desolate side streets near his Uptown home, the car tailed him all the way to his garage. He eluded the potential car jackers only by bypassing his home and driving to the emergency room of a nearby hospital, where 24/7 security detail was present.
That pussy should've taken his mugging like a man instead of fleeing to a local hospital. That story shows you what a coward he is.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:25 AM   #75452
Special Teams ACE!!!

Sean Payton has also found new mass since joining Denver.

Guy has evolved out of dad bod stage, and now he’s just fat. And not the jolly kind of fat, either
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #75453
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You’re just messing with me, right? Google his Lakers takes from the last two postseasons. Or his Nuggets takes. Or historical Nikola Jokic takes. He’s like the broken clock that is right twice a day. He became “habitually right” when the Chiefs got good. I was “habitually right” in ‘98, ‘99, and ‘15 with the Broncos, and in ‘23 with the Nuggets. I was “habitually right” with the Avs in ‘96, ‘01, and ‘22. Seriously, in those years, I have been like a prophet. All the other years in my adult life. I have been “habitually wrong.”

The difference between Nick Wright and me is that I realize I’m a homer, and don’t take myself too seriously. He drinks his own kool-aid.
Interesting. I know he's a die-hard Chiefs fan but that's probably my favorite sports talk shows out right now. I've always felt his thought process was spot on--similar to another guy most hate, Cowherd--even if his 'predictions' were off. They understand how things work. Plus, i think Nick's low key troll game is on the money.

I don't care for Brou, but sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.
rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.rfaulk34 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #75454
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
That pussy should've taken his mugging like a man instead of fleeing to a local hospital. That story shows you what a coward he is.
Probably went to a hospital to get more pain pills. The car following him was addiction. The rest of the story is likely untrue.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #75455
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post

Wow, covered parking? In Denver? That's amazing and innovative. No one here has - wait, I have it at my house. And my workplace. And at the mall. And my doctor's office. In fact, I have covered parking everywhere I go.

The broncos didn't have covered parking until now?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #75456
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Probably went to a hospital to get more pain pills. The car following him was addiction. The rest of the story is likely untrue.
True, the hospital staff were very familiar with who Payton is with Payton coming in pleading for pain pills all the time. They would give him a bottle just to shut him up for a while and get off their property. If only for a few days.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #75457
Andy Reid Supporter

Even Knowmo has to admit that these stats would be extremely disappointing

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #75458

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

They would be longing for the golden age of 2023 Russell Wilson.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #75459
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Take his mugging like a man! Lol. Thats gold baby!
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:54 AM   #75460
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Projecting stats has to be the biggest guess work project of all time, especially with a rookie that has no body of work in the NFL to use as a guide.

Yes, those stats would be a bit disappointing.

Let's say he starts all 17 games... average 200 yards passing and you have 3,400 yards.

If he starts all 17 games... I would say he finishes somewhere in the 3,500-3,900 yards passing range with 20-23 TDs and probably a dozen INTs. Who knows what to expect rushing the ball?

3900 yards would be a 229 yard per game average... nothing too outlandish or jumping the shark with expectations.

20 QBs had 3,000+ yards last year
10 QBs had 4,000+ yards last year.
7 QBs had between 3,300 and 3,900 last year.

4 QBs threw more than 30 TDs
10 QBs threw more than 25 TDs
17 QBs threw more than 20 TDs

Numbers were similar in 2022, but only 17 QBs surpassed 3,000 yards.

So, I honestly have no idea how you project these things with any sense of accuracy at this point or with any model based in subjective reality.

I would say that a good season for Bo would be in that 3,500 - 3,900 yardage range, with 20-23 TDs and maybe 12 INTs.

It's just all guesswork and I came up with those numbers likely in the same manner as whomever wrote that for ESPN. You look at the stats from previous years and play with the numbers.

Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #75461
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
They would be longing for the golden age of 2023 Russell Wilson.
Wilson's stat line was kind of deceiving though... just over 3k passing, the 26 TDs were nice with only 8 INTs. He had 7 games with 0 or 1 TD and 6 of his 8 INTs in those 7 games.

Once we moved into November, he produced 10 TDs and 4 INTs. Had 3 earlier games with 3 TDs... against KC, CHI and WAS.

I don't know that any Broncos' fan will be longing for that given the total body of work with Wilson.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #75462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Wilson's stat line was kind of deceiving though... just over 3k passing, the 26 TDs were nice with only 8 INTs. He had 7 games with 0 or 1 TD and 6 of his 8 INTs in those 7 games.

I don't know that any Broncos' fan will be longing for that given the total body of work with Wilson.
Only 15 games, though. Also added 341 yards rushing. I definitely get that stats can be deceiving, but they can also inject some factual data into the discussion. If Bo Nix plays 17 games and passes for fewer yards than Russ would have, and fewer TDs than he did, and over double the INTs that he did, and half the rushing...

It's going to be not great. I get that fans aren't going to be seriously wishing they still had Russell Wilson, but a rookie year like that will have some serious questions about selecting Bo Nix where they did.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #75463
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post

Nice!
When are you all going to build a football team to go with it?
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 11:07 AM   #75464
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Only 15 games, though. Also added 341 yards rushing. I definitely get that stats can be deceiving, but they can also inject some factual data into the discussion. If Bo Nix plays 17 games and passes for fewer yards than Russ would have, and fewer TDs than he did, and over double the INTs that he did, and half the rushing...

It's going to be not great. I get that fans aren't going to be seriously wishing they still had Russell Wilson, but a rookie year like that will have some serious questions about selecting Bo Nix where they did.
I get that... but, you're comparing a 10+ year veteran playing for his job essentially with a rookie. I'm not going to get wrapped up in stats.

If the Broncos play better offensively with Nix and they continue to build each week, while the wins may not be there... I'm not going to be disappointed if the team is 'better' and Nix plays with more confidence and owns that offense, but his stat lines don't beat 2023 Russ across the board.
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #75465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I get that... but, you're comparing a 10+ year veteran playing for his job essentially with a rookie. I'm not going to get wrapped up in stats.

If the Broncos play better offensively with Nix and they continue to build each week, while the wins may not be there... I'm not going to be disappointed if the team is 'better' and Nix plays with more confidence and owns that offense, but his stat lines don't beat 2023 Russ across the board.
There is definitely nuance. If it's a rough start, but second half of the season Nix finishes strong and ends up with those numbers, then I agree that will probably feel a lot different.