Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2023, 04:55 PM  
Rabbi Goldmann

RIP Don Denkinger

One of the greatest American heroes of all time. You will be missed big fella.

Former American League umpire Don Denkinger, whose 30-year career in the AL spanned from 1969 through 1998, has died age 86

https://www.closecallsports.com/2023...es-at.html?m=1
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:07 PM   #61
Champion Golfer Of The Year

What an October that was.

Attended game 3 of the ALCS where Brett took the game over with 2HR’s and probably the best defensive play I’ve ever seen live (moose’s foul ball catch in game 3 vs the Os in 14 was epic also).
Damaso Garcia had doubled and moved to 3rd when Lonnie Smith butchered the play in LF.

Lloyd Mosbey hot a shot over the bag at 3rd, Brett went into foul territory, backhanded the ball and threw over Garcia’s shoulder to Sundberg at the plate to nail him. Just an incredible play.

Old and slow is correct. The Cardinals simply laid down in game 7. Quit, as Bill James stated it in the 1986 baseball abstract. Just blistered the entire Cardinal roster. Pointed out batting averages of .067, .133, .089.

Lit them up like a leg lamp on Christmas Eve.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 04:08 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
He should be on a stamp
OMG! That’s beautiful.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:16 PM   #63
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
What an October that was.

Attended game 3 of the ALCS where Brett took the game over with 2HR’s and probably the best defensive play I’ve ever seen live (moose’s foul ball catch in game 3 vs the Os in 14 was epic also).
Damaso Garcia had doubled and moved to 3rd when Lonnie Smith butchered the play in LF.

Lloyd Mosbey hot a shot over the bag at 3rd, Brett went into foul territory, backhanded the ball and threw over Garcia’s shoulder to Sundberg at the plate to nail him. Just an incredible play.

Old and slow is correct. The Cardinals simply laid down in game 7. Quit, as Bill James stated it in the 1986 baseball abstract. Just blistered the entire Cardinal roster. Pointed out batting averages of .067, .133, .089.

Lit them up like a leg lamp on Christmas Eve.
That was an incredible game, which is described here (https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/octo...tts-best-game/). I got to work all of the 1985 postseason games as a food vendor. That was a very memorable postseason, and Brett's dominant game 3 was crucial, as we already down 0-2 in that ALCs.
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-13-2023, 04:22 PM   #64

Good to see you, DanT.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #65

One of my other great memories from that game, was Brett handing the ball to Howser after the final out of the game. It was Dick Howser’s first playoff win. Had lost 8 or 9 straight.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Denkinger made one of the worst calls in World Series history.

He was the embodiment of why instant replay was instituted.

Having said that, great ball clubs have to overcome bad calls. The Royals won that World Series, not because of Denkinger, but because they imploded in reaction to him.

I love the Cards. But I hate the excuses. Catch the ball, Jack, and this isn't even a discussion.

Or how about showing up for game seven, Andujar. Geez.

I could go on. Fact is Congrats KC. You won a WS.

But the one in 15 was cooler

This is true. The Cards imploded. Andy Van Slyke and Ozzie Smith came out as a gay couple and did appearances on RuPauls show for years. Auggie Busch said F this and sold Bud to Euro trash and Bud Light came out as Trans. All because of Denkingers call. Butterfly effect.
ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.ChiefaRoo is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:07 PM   #67
MVP

The call was the call.
Then the cards melted big time
Then the card fans melted big time and imo pretty much ruined denkingers life
That’s baseball, I’m ashamed to say.
sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:51 PM   #68
MVP

I remember it well. Give him a statue. The game 7 was epic, I was down in the Plaza at some club that is probably not even open anymore. LOL. It was pandemonium down there, high fiving with strangers in cars, etc.
ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-13-2023, 06:10 PM   #69
MVP

I knew I had heard of him. He is from my town, Cedar Falls Iowa.
RIP community member.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:45 PM   #70
Spiraling down the Drain

If you address a letter to Don Denkinger, Iowa, he will get it.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2023, 06:55 PM   #71
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
I knew I had heard of him. He is from my town, Cedar Falls Iowa.
RIP community member.
If Cedar Falls' housing market is like New York's, you should quickly inquire about his apartment.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:03 PM   #72
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
One of my other great memories from that game, was Brett handing the ball to Howser after the final out of the game. It was Dick Howser’s first playoff win. Had lost 8 or 9 straight.
Howser was 0-11 in the playoffs up until Game 3 of 1985 ALCS. 0-8 with the Royals, 0-3 with the Yankees which was the 1980 ALCS of course.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:16 PM   #73
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

One of my oldest memories… my dad was so pissed.

Up yours, Denkinger.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:42 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters View Post
If you address a letter to Don Denkinger, Iowa, he will get it.
Kinda doubt it now.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 08:04 AM   #75
Is that FreedomRock?Turnit UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Orta was thrown out at 3B anyway on a failed sac bunt.

The only out The Loo recorded that inning
All of this. Lol, get rekt, redbird fans.
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.