Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2019, 09:10 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

What's your longest road trip?

How long was it, where did you start and end, and what did you do on the journey? Were you working on a deadline to reach your destination, or was this merely a journey? Was there a purpose behind it (e.g., moving) or was it purely a pleasure trip?

You may offer different answers for different conveyances. Car, bike, motorcycle, bus, train, freighter, plane, and so on.

Last edited by Rain Man; 06-01-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #61
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm a little worried about the car time in my upcoming 2,400 mile trip, in particular the first week where we're driving a few hours nearly every day. But my wife is going with me, and having a second person to drive and chat with makes things way easier.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #62
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Did about 13500 miles on my Road King a few years ago, in about 5 weeks. Traveling all over the country.

Most exciting road trip was about 80 miles, in a country my team and I got left in. That we were “never” in.
Please tell us about it, without telling us all about it

A hypothetical mission, if you will...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #63
Supporter

Columbia, MO to Spokane, WA. Right around 1800 some miles. Me and the wife would drive only stopping for restroom breaks, gas and food(to go). One would drive while the other caught some sleep. Best time we made was just under 27 hours. Spend a week with family then do it over again.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #64
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post

I've been considering a road trip to Pakistan. Can anyone offer any advice on traveling there?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #65
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've been considering a road trip to Pakistan. Can anyone offer any advice on traveling there?
Keep a locked steel collar on your neck at all times
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #66
El Gato Gordo Loco

1. San Jose, California --> Las Vegas ---> Shawnee, KS. It snowed like a mofo from Denver on home, too. Bought my car from San Jose & drove it home.

2. Kansas City, MO --> Florence, Alabama. We were just sitting around one weekend and on a whim decided we would drive there to watch Northwest Missouri State play in the National Championship game. Circa like 2006 or 2007.

3. Iowa City, IA --> Kansas City, MO ---> Panama City Beach, FL. 2007 last college spring break.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
40 to 25.
I hate the stretch thru NM up to about Colo Spgs
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post

An individual that was of very high value to the military was spotted in a small village. This village was in a country that lots of military are currently in, over in the Middle East. The military was able to track this individual to a neighbor country, to another small village. This village was roughly 80-85 miles from the border of the country we were in.

My team was given the idea to go knock on his door and ask him to come back with us. We were also encouraged not to get caught in this area, due to it being very bad for relationships on a political level. My team accepted this idea, secured a very good travel plan, then went to visit one evening.

We drove up to the house, we knocked, invited ourselves in, secured our travel guest, and his electronics. Nobody can leave their phone, laptops, or hard drives behind. The suv that we drove in, decided to drop a valve on the edge of town. We call AAA, they don’t serve that area, we call the boss for another company vehicle to come get us. The boss said, “Figure it the **** out.” then hung up.

So we walked a few more miles outside of town, waited for a vehicle to show up. Eventually one showed up. We asked politely if we could borrow it, when we were turned down after a polite asking. We stepped it up and took the car, made it back to where we crossed. Some friends met us there, where we loaded our guest, his stuff, and the guy who wouldn’t let us borrow his car into a waiting suv. Those 2 were taken back to a waiting helicopter, my team and I drove our sweet car back to base.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #69
Roy E.

Quote:
Keep an AK-47 handy at all times.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #70
Veteran

Mac459,
I’m just surprised you called the boss.

Kinda like calling a wife to tell her you’ll be late from the bar. You just get 2 ass chewings.
I used to call those mission sitreps as awards that I spot down graded to ass chewings. but I’m also sure the boss appreciated the call.
Coyote has disabled reputation
Old 06-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #71
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Keep a SEAL team handy at all times.
FYP
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
Mac459,
I’m just surprised you called the boss.

Kinda like calling a wife to tell her you’ll be late from the bar. You just get 2 ass chewings.
I used to call those mission sitreps as awards that I spot down graded to ass chewings. but I’m also sure the boss appreciated the call.
This was early in my career, so I had no say in calling the boss. I was already looking for a new ride to get in. I had seen and heard enough in my young career to know that help was not on its way with that call.

It gave us all something to talk about during the drive back. Shit talk the boss while we knew he couldn’t hear us.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #73
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
An individual that was of very high value to the military was spotted in a small village. This village was in a country that lots of military are currently in, over in the Middle East. The military was able to track this individual to a neighbor country, to another small village. This village was roughly 80-85 miles from the border of the country we were in.

My team was given the idea to go knock on his door and ask him to come back with us. We were also encouraged not to get caught in this area, due to it being very bad for relationships on a political level. My team accepted this idea, secured a very good travel plan, then went to visit one evening.

We drove up to the house, we knocked, invited ourselves in, secured our travel guest, and his electronics. Nobody can leave their phone, laptops, or hard drives behind. The suv that we drove in, decided to drop a valve on the edge of town. We call AAA, they don’t serve that area, we call the boss for another company vehicle to come get us. The boss said, “Figure it the **** out.” then hung up.

So we walked a few more miles outside of town, waited for a vehicle to show up. Eventually one showed up. We asked politely if we could borrow it, when we were turned down after a polite asking. We stepped it up and took the car, made it back to where we crossed. Some friends met us there, where we loaded our guest, his stuff, and the guy who wouldn’t let us borrow his car into a waiting suv. Those 2 were taken back to a waiting helicopter, my team and I drove our sweet car back to base.
Cool story, bro.

This is why I always let someone borrow my car if asked by people who are on a military mission for a superpower.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Cool story, bro.

This is why I always let someone borrow my car if asked by people who are obviously on a military mission for a superpower.
The contributions you make to the greater good, shall not go unnoticed
Old 06-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #75
Veteran

Quote:
This was early in my career, so I had no say in calling the boss. I was already looking for a new ride to get in. I had seen and heard enough in my young career to know that help was not on its way with that call.

It gave us all something to talk about during the drive back. Shit talk the boss while we knew he couldn’t hear us.

Yeah shit talking the boss is every warfighter’s right.
Coyote has disabled reputation