Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #2
In Mahomes I trust!

Guys, this was AWESOME! This destroys the first two films from the mid to late 90"s (95 and 97 to be exact). This was a hang your brain at the door and enjoy the ride type of movie. I liked it and can't wait for the next one.
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:18 AM   #3
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

It's a tough ask to create a Mortal Kombat movie in this day and age that are worse than Mortal Kombat (1995) and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997) but this movie accomplishes that task in spades. The story in convoluted, the characters plain, wooden (Kano being the one exception) and utterly forgettable, and the costumes look like something from a Troma flick from the 80's.

The charm, if you can call it that, of the original movies from the 90's is that these movies helped enhance and expand the storyline from the game. This most recent nostalgia cash grab, and let's be honest that's what this was, neither enhances or expands the story or the characters from the games.

What the producers of this movie missed is the fact that the Mortal Kombat games have a deep and expansive story that has been a huge part of the games. You get to play through the story as different characters and be part of the plot as it unfolds. Hell, the writing, plot and voice acting from the story mode from MK 10 and MK 11 are light years ahead of this dreck.

I couldn't even enjoy this movie as a "shut your mind of and enjoy mindless entertainment" type flick. It's not a dumb action movie, it insults my intelligence as a long time fan of the franchise. Maybe the next movie, if it gets made, will be better but I have my doubts.

And if you have around 12 free hours, here's all the cut scenes from MK 9, MK 10, and MK 11.

Spoiler!
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #4
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
I've heard "rumors" Johnny Cage wasn't in it because they didn't want anyone playing the "white savior".
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:05 AM   #6
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

**** you COX. I was in the middle of watching this and all of a sudden lost internet. Waited a few minutes still nothing then re started the modem and still nothing so I called COX and them ****s decided tonight to do routine maintenance or whatever and internet wont likely be restored till 6am. **** you COX a warning would have been nice. My one night off before working 6 days is ****ing ruined.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:24 AM   #7
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Well internet is back on but two hours later not in the mood to watch it.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:47 AM   #8
Mahomes Fanboi

This movie was fun... but it sucked. (For most of the reasons Wallcrawler already mentioned)

MK: Rebirth still kicks all ass.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #9
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
This movie was fun... but it sucked. (For most of the reasons Wallcrawler already mentioned)

MK: Rebirth still kicks all ass.
Yeah i watched it last night with my son.

As a 14 y/o, he loved it. I woulda too if i were 14.

I'd say that it was a better movie than that shit from the 90's.

It both sucked and was awesome at the same time, lol.

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so )

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #10
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so )

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
Kano - "Hey Gandalf what does my fortune cookie say?"
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #11
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:

I thought the Cole character was clever. He was an MMA fight who made his living getting his ass kicked and taking a beating. What better "power" to have than a exterior that gains power as he takes hits. He was really likeable too, and it was cool how they linked Scorpion and him (they should have focuses more on that, though).

I'm really pissed if Sub-Zero is done. Needed way more of him. Great character. Would like to learn why he's so evil and more of his back story.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post

I'm really pissed if Sub-Zero is done. Needed way more of him. Great character. Would like to learn why he's so evil and more of his back story.
I like the fact that they didn't have Sub-Zero go out like a bitch. Dude got gutted several times and still didn't back down from a 2v1.

He was ****ed up, about to get finished off in the last scene and what does he do? He turns around closes the cage door, "For the Lin Kuei". I thought that was cool.

Another under rated scene: The Liu Kang leg sweep scene. Where he swept Kano's leg like 3-4 times in a row?

I thought that was a nice touch, cuz lets be real, who didn't cheese that move as a kid?
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #13

Oh and Im pretty sure Sub Zero and Goro make a return for MKII, assuming they get the green light for the sequel.

Oh and one more thing: I thought i saw Shao Kahn in the trailer, but i dont recall seeing him at all in the movie.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #14
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Oh and Im pretty sure Sub Zero and Goro make a return for MKII, assuming they get the green light for the sequel.

Oh and one more thing: I thought i saw Shao Kahn in the trailer, but i dont recall seeing him at all in the movie.
The Bi-Han version of Sub-Zero becomes Noob Saibot in the game so there's easy transition for a sequel.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
The Bi-Han version of Sub-Zero becomes Noob Saibot in the game so there's easy transition for a sequel.
Did not know that.