Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2021, 11:08 AM  
Needs more middle fingers

Simms breaks down Mahomes' bad play

Cliff Notes:

Mahomes is sensing phantom pressure
Mahomes is not stepping into the pocket
The Oline is acutally playing well, Mahomes is prematurely rolling out
Mahomes is hanging Orlando Brown out to try and creating angles impossible for him to block
Mahomes is predetermining his reads. Possibly overthinking things too much

My takeway: If last week's performance was all about Mahomes then the Chiefs are about to go on a winning streak, because Mahomes will get his mind right. Ya'll ready for some W's?

Video starts around 6:20ish mark

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #61
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Yes, Mahomes is a one-read QB now.

Jesus this place is ****in stupid this week.
I haven’t seen a “Is Mahomes a System QB?” thread yet
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #62
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Yes, Mahomes is a one-read QB now.

Jesus this place is ****in stupid this week.
I'm thinking it's more a case of predetermining where he wants to go with the ball. He's clearly scanning the field when he's on the run so I'd never claim he's a one-read QB.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #63
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
I want to see more shit like this quick-release throw to Tyreek vs. the Chargers in 2018:

https://youtu.be/pJJvCojYnK4?t=923
No one is playing that coverage against us anymore.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:53 PM   #64
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
No one is playing that coverage against us anymore.
There are no opportunities for a quick-release throw to a receiver over the short middle?
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #65
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberian khatru View Post
There are no opportunities for a quick-release throw to a receiver over the short middle?
There is, but it's shell coverage.

You see, in man to man, Tyreek catches the ball in stride and keeps running and its one cut and gone. No team dares to do this anymore.

Against shell coverage, it's the quick throw, 3 men converge, Tyreek runs backwards, infuriatingly almost every time, and is tackled for shorter gain than if he'd just catch and move forward and go down.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I'm thinking it's more a case of predetermining where he wants to go with the ball. He's clearly scanning the field when he's on the run so I'd never claim he's a one-read QB.
This.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:01 PM   #67
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Yeah. He's an expert on foot work.
Got em
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:38 PM   #68
Veteran

Nothing in that video is wrong, it's just partial. I think Mahomes is having some problems with his reads and his pocket presence. But there is absolutely no way Brown has been as an effective pass protector as Fisher was. We've all seen enough snaps where he's just plain lost, and Mahomes' drop depth is not the problem.

I don't think Brown has been as bad as some have suggested and there's probably points where he's looked bad but it's been for the reason Simms has noted. But not all the "phantom pressure" seems that phantom to me.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:55 PM   #69
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
Simms also mentioned inside-info on mahomes' toe not being right yet
I was surprised by that. Was the offseason surgery not successful or something? That is one of the last things I would have thought to blame his issues this year on.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
I was surprised by that. Was the offseason surgery not successful or something? That is one of the last things I would have thought to blame his issues this year on.
Turf toe is a tendon injury. Like any tendon injury, it takes time to heal. Even after surgery. Tendons are slow healers. So it wouldn't be surprising that his surgery was successful, but still not healed to 100%.

Like an ACL. Surgery can be successful, but it's typical for players to still need a year before they can stop dealing with swelling of the tendon etc.

So while im sure the surgery went fine, there may be some lingering effects and it won't be FULLY healed till next season.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #71
Veteran

I hope the problem is mahomes and not the oline. Gonna be a nightmare to get two bookend tackles
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-28-2021, 04:45 PM   #72
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Nothing in that video is wrong, it's just partial. I think Mahomes is having some problems with his reads and his pocket presence. But there is absolutely no way Brown has been as an effective pass protector as Fisher was. We've all seen enough snaps where he's just plain lost, and Mahomes' drop depth is not the problem.

I don't think Brown has been as bad as some have suggested and there's probably points where he's looked bad but it's been for the reason Simms has noted. But not all the "phantom pressure" seems that phantom to me.
Couldn't agree more with every single word

Its not a hot take placing undue blame on any one side, just the plain truth... and the truth is reality usually lies somewhere in the middle

These players don't exist in a vacuum, everything is sooo symbiotic... thats why its the ultimate team game
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #73
In Search of a Life

Simms isn't saying anything that logical people haven't already said.

Right now it's just a snowball effect.

The line is bigger at the edge and can't roll back forever as Pat drifts around behind the line. Pat isn't stepping up because he wants to buy time to go deeper. Going deeper isn't happening because they don't have what it takes currently to bust the extra coverage. Pat gets frustrated and starts chucking shit as short routes aren't appealing when the Defense is an automatic 7.

Pat needs to drive the ball from inside the pocket but the coaches need to figure out how to get some receivers open to allow him to.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #74
best in the biz

sensing phantom pressure

rolling out too soon

Seems I've heard that before?
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #75
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
sensing phantom pressure

rolling out too soon

Seems I've heard that before?
he learned from the best
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.