Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2023, 12:47 PM  
Man of Culture

Justyn Ross has made the 53 man roster

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:11 PM   #61
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I don't think this is any great surprise. The guy is 6'4", runs crisp routes, has good hands, and PMII trusts him.
A couple of the moves he put on DBs in preseason games were flat out NASTY. Granted, they were backup DBs, but he definitely made them look like backups.

Dude was THE MAN in college. Injuries were the only thing that held him back. If he can hit that stride he was on, if he can get back to that trajectory, this dude could be an absolute beast for us.

Our WR depth is super exciting this year.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:12 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
He's going to have to produce #1 WR type numbers for you to not have shit thrown back at your face by season's end.

If i were you, i'd probably stop with attempts you've made to call people out these last few days.

If your take is, "he made the team just so he could produce 200 yards this season", that's not much of a "gotcha" to hang your hat on.
Wait, so he's got to put up like a 1000 yards now for you to have been way off when you declared he wasn't going to make the 53? That's a hell of a goalpost move.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Hammock Parties
This message has been deleted by Hammock Parties.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
A couple of the moves he put on DBs in preseason games were flat out NASTY. Granted, they were backup DBs, but he definitely made them look like backups.

Dude was THE MAN in college. Injuries were the only thing that held him back. If he can hit that stride he was on, if he can get back to that trajectory, this dude could be an absolute beast for us.

Man, it's true that I'm generally an optimist, but I've been telling you guys all off-season that this was going to be a really fun year.

Let them younguns play!

This is going to be a blast!
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:14 PM   #64
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Man, even saying he's not a lock is just flat out not understanding how good he is.

That's fine. I don't know how much preseason or training camp you watched, but the people who did tune in saw what they saw from Ross, and just about everybody arrived at the conclusion that he was too damn good to let go.

Throw in the evidence that the Chiefs were putting him in on every kick coverage team, and he was a 100% lock.

Don't know what to tell you. Truth was right there and you just plain missed it, bro.
I said repeatedly that i thought he'd make the team.

I just didnt go full blown homer at the start of camp and just assume the Chiefs would carry 7 WR's.

Damn me for being rational.

He made the team as the 7th WR when the Chiefs have NEVER carried 7 WR's while some of ya'll act like he's suppose to be the #1 WR on this roster.

Now we got dopes like Kiimo taking a weekend long victory lap just because he made the team? Talk about moving some goal posts, holy shit.

Approaching Justyn Ross with reason and not full blown homer mode of course means a number of CPers read my posts as "OMFG HE HATES JUSTYN ROSS AND THINKS HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!"

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:15 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Wait, so he's got to put up like a 1000 yards now for you to have been way off when you declared he wasn't going to make the 53? That's a hell of a goalpost move.
I declared he wasn't making the 53? When did i do that?

I'm throwing some hyperbole back at all ya'll who wanna throw hyperbole at my position.

You wanna talk about moving goalposts?

Ya'll over here taking victory laps because he made the team while declaring i said some shit i never said.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:16 PM   #66
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Brett Veach, on the television broadcast as Ross caught the leaping TD: " We're expecting big things from Justyn this season."
Sometimes you just have to take these guys at their word

Andy Reid says Justin Watson is "important", and boom Watson defies many forecasts of cutdown doom and makes the 53

These guys know how to couch their words, and say everything while not saying any damn thing like master politicians, so when they make these kind of blunt, unambiguous statements... it means something
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:18 PM   #67
I'll be back.

soon as justyn rosses sauce gardner for 3 tuddies in week 4 we'll all have a come to jesus
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 04:19 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post

Uh huh.

See, Chris. I'm just moving the goalposts right? The expectations around here are clearly defined and they don't stop at "he made the team".

You yourself quoted Veach, right? "Big things".

So that IS the expectation that's been set. Big Things.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:19 PM   #69
That's just f***in' stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
soon as justyn rosses sauce gardner for 3 tuddies in week 4 we'll all have a come to jesus
lol, maybe going a bit far with that one...

BUT if it were to happen

via GIPHY

HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:24 PM   #70
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Lol, now that's funny.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:24 PM   #71
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
I said repeatedly that i thought he'd make the team.

I just didnt go full blown homer at the start of camp and just assume the Chiefs would carry 7 WR's.

Damn me for being rational.

He made the team as the 7th WR when the Chiefs have NEVER carried 7 WR's while some of ya'll act like he's suppose to be the #1 WR on this roster.

Now we got dopes like Kiimo taking a weekend long victory lap just because he made the team? Talk about moving some goal posts, holy shit.

Approaching Justyn Ross with reason and not full blown homer mode of course means a number of CPers read my posts as "OMFG HE HATES JUSTYN ROSS AND THINKS HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THE LEAGUE!!!!"

Just curious. Rank the Chiefs WRs on the team. Assume Toney is healthy.

There's no wrong or right answer, but your justification of "I didn't think they'd keep 7 WRs" is only legit if you believe he's the 7th best WR on the team.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:25 PM   #72
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Our very own AJ Green!
Try Randy Moss if he stays healthy!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #73

Me, 4 months ago, you ****s

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, im rooting for him. I really am. I want him to make this team. I want him to be healthy. I want him to be this Higgins-ish, lanky, high light reel catch type possession receiver.

He's shown that he has the hands and balance to be that guy. But he hasn't shown the overall athleticism to show he WILL be that guy.

He played all of 2021 after his spinal surgery. It's not like teams don't have tape on him. And hey, maybe his foot was an issue and it's all better now. We can only HOPE that's the case, because what he put on tape wasn't worthy of being drafted. That's just a fact.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #74
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Try Randy Moss if he stays healthy!

Nearly spit my iced tea all over the computer. Nice.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:32 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
I declared he wasn't making the 53? When did i do that?

I'm throwing some hyperbole back at all ya'll who wanna throw hyperbole at my position.

You wanna talk about moving goalposts?

Ya'll over here taking victory laps because he made the team while declaring i said some shit i never said.

Well, a few posts back is quote from you saying he wouldn't make the 53 and calling someone stupid. I'm just saying.

I've been a cheerleader for the guy all off-season because I love a good story, but I've posted multiple times that my expectations were that he'd make the team and make meaningful contributions. I haven't thrown any number predictions around.

I think there's a chance he's special; I think before the neck situation was discovered he was on that trajectory. Is he still? Well, he missed a lot of development time, but he's sure looked the part.

Hell, I'm just happy for the kid, and rooting for him. I don't think that's crazy.